Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Will Destroy Auburn Saturday

Started by collins4heisman, August 28, 2014, 09:38:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 28, 2014, 11:43:08 am
^^^^doesn't really pay attention to football

^^^^^ Can't argue intelligently so goes for the insult.

HogFanatic

Hell, Arkansas may be better at nearly every position on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe except for tackle due to depth.

Auburn does NOT play good defense, no matter how many stars the trolls tell you they have recruited. And whats more is that the more their offense begins to "click", the worse  they will play on defense. It's the nature of the beast.

Limit mistakes, force turnovers, control the clock, win the game.
Whichever team has been better prepared for THIS GAME during the offseason will win this Saturday. I have to believe that is Arkansas. Bielema has had this game circled on his calendar since the day Gus edited game footage last season.

LRHawg

I don't see us winning by many if we win, because of their receiving core. Barring a QB injury, I think if we win, it comes in OT or by a score in the last minute of the game.

New Mexico Hog

I'll be the first to admit I'm suffering from a really bad koolaid hangover brought on by the past two seasons. That being said I still think we have a chance here. I'm hoping our coaches have coached well and earned their millions so we see a much improved squad this year. Auburn is missing some key guys and Gus's teams have a tendency to start slow. Last year is a prime example of that. I fully expect to win this game and won't change my tune until the last whistle blows. I got the hogs at + 21.5 and think they will win straight up. I'm feeling good about the game and really really good about the bet. Auburn was really bad two seasons ago and turned it around last year. I hope our hogs believe they can do it too. Go hogs!!!!!!!!!! 

HyperDrive

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 28, 2014, 01:20:48 pm
Doubt it, would rather have Robinson

Robinson plays for the St. Louis Rams now.  Shon Coleman, a former 5-star in his own right, has taken his place at left tackle.

The Kig

While I HOPE you are right, there is nothing to suggest that we would blow them out, other than just being a homer (which I completely understand).

The stars aligned for Auburn last year, but I really don't think they were that good of a team.  There is no doubt that we had significant issues at multiple positions that killed us last year.  The reason I think we win is that we have addressed the majority of the problem areas (maybe all... Allen is the key and we will know quickly) and weren't that far away from being competitive against every team except Bama and SC.  The Defensive side of the ball is where I see us playing light years ahead of last year. 

Does that equate to a 1 point win or 21 point win.... don't know and don't care.  Just win, baby.
Poker Porker

collins4heisman

Quote from: The Kig on August 28, 2014, 02:04:25 pm
While I HOPE you are right, there is nothing to suggest that we would blow them out, other than just being a homer (which I completely understand).

The stars aligned for Auburn last year, but I really don't think they were that good of a team.  There is no doubt that we had significant issues at multiple positions that killed us last year.  The reason I think we win is that we have addressed the majority of the problem areas (maybe all... Allen is the key and we will know quickly) and weren't that far away from being competitive against every team except Bama and SC.  The Defensive side of the ball is where I see us playing light years ahead of last year. 

Does that equate to a 1 point win or 21 point win.... don't know and don't care.  Just win, baby.

I'm sick of all the haters on hogville like you who just jump from thread to thread to bash. you're lucky the mods haven't banned you yet.

freshprince83

Uzomah and Fulse id take over Henry. Derby converted QB,hasnt proved anything.Uzomah at 268 can play slot wr. You got Flowers at end,then nothing but youth after that. Your better at special teams,thats the obvious choice. Lost both kickers.

peachy

Quote from: collins4heisman on August 28, 2014, 09:38:09 am
Call me crazy but I really think the stars are aligning for a major upset. With the emergence of Korliss Marshall we have the best run attack since Dmac and Felix were here. Not to mention Auburn struggles against the run so if we can capatalize on this and control the clock we run away with this win. Also it's supposed to rain a lot Saturday do this will favor our run attack. I say hogs by 21

Arkansas was worse against the run last year than Auburn was.  And Auburn is the better running team (and better offense overall). 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: freshprince83 on August 28, 2014, 03:01:50 pm
Uzomah and Fulse id take over Henry. Derby converted QB,hasnt proved anything.Uzomah at 268 can play slot wr. You got Flowers at end,then nothing but youth after that. Your better at special teams,thats the obvious choice. Lost both kickers.

Proved that he knows more about football than you do. Just sayin.... You don't know how its gonna turn out because the year before last ya'll sucked just as bad as we did last year.
This is my non-signature signature.

IntegrityHog

Call me crazy but I really think the stars are aligning for a major upset. With the emergence of Korliss Marshall we have the best run attack since Dmac and Felix were here. Not to mention Auburn struggles against the run so if we can capatalize on this and control the clock we run away with this win. Also it's supposed to rain a lot Saturday do this will favor our run attack. I say hogs by 21

I'm diggin' what you're shovellin'!!!!!

lefty08

a 268 lb slot receiver?  our secondary can cover that
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 28, 2014, 01:20:48 pm
Doubt it, would rather have Robinson

Who is Robinson? You don't mean Greg Robinson? Currently Shon Coleman is  slated to start at left tackle.  He's been there 5 years and this is his first start I think. (He did have cancer though at one point)I don't know if i would take him over Skipper

Capt. Hamm

We will win if we outscore them! Go Hogs!  :razorback:

GuvHog

Quote from: collins4heisman on August 28, 2014, 02:35:40 pm
I'm sick of all the haters on hogville like you who just jump from thread to thread to bash. you're lucky the mods haven't banned you yet.

Overreacting aren't you??? I didn't see any bashing in that post you quoted.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorbackfaninar

Uzomah had 11 receptions for 154 yards, Henry had 28 for 409 as a freshman.   I'm not sure why you'd rather have Uzomah.  He is a senior, is it the experience? Because Henry has a year under his belt. Fulse had one reception for 5 yards so technically I guess he is better than Derby, but i was really just talking about Henry.

HyperDrive

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on August 28, 2014, 04:15:36 pm
Who is Robinson? You don't mean Greg Robinson? Currently Shon Coleman is  slated to start at left tackle.  He's been there 5 years and this is his first start I think. (He did have cancer though at one point)I don't know if i would take him over Skipper

Shon Coleman was a 5-star OT coming out of high school, then was diagnosed with leukemia.  He's 100% healthy now and played some last year.  There won't be a whole lot of drop off there. 

lefty08

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 28, 2014, 04:25:02 pm
Shon Coleman was a 5-star OT coming out of high school, then was diagnosed with leukemia.  He's 100% healthy now and played some last year.  There won't be a whole lot of drop off there.

so you think. i mean, he was a 5 * years ago......
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

LZH

Quote one single thing he said in that post that justifies calling him a hater or that he's bashing anybody.

Just one.

I'll be right here.

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on August 28, 2014, 04:26:35 pm
Quote one single thing he said in that post that justifies calling him a hater or that he's bashing anybody.

Just one.

I'll be right here.

look at his karma, im pretty sure thats a troll poster.......

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on August 28, 2014, 04:27:13 pm
look at his karma, im pretty sure thats a troll poster.......

Yeah I saw that.....1.5 smites per post.

GrizzlyRider07

The only thing that has been on my mind is the weather. There's not alot of talk about it but I feel like if it rains like it's suppose to, that could be a issue in itself,  now for who, I can't say. Hopefully  I hope it's in our favor!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

lefty08

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on August 28, 2014, 04:29:31 pm
The only thing that has been on my mind is the weather. There's not alot of talk about it but I feel like if it rains like it's suppose to, that could be a issue in itself,  now for who, I can't say. Hopefully  I hope it's in our favor!

i think there are 3 threads dedicated to it, but i agree its in our favor

razorbackfaninar

As far as saying we have Flowers at DE and after that only youth, That's a little like saying "you have a million dollars in the bank, but other than that your'e flat broke." Flowers is a future NFL DE barring injury. I'm not real familliar with Daniel, but Wright is a pretty good DE. Winston and wise are young but talented and they have good ingame experience.

moses_007

I seriously doubt we'll destroy Auburn as the OP suggests.  I'd be happy to win by a point or two.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 28, 2014, 04:25:02 pm

Right, and in 2010 I might agree that Coleman was the better Left Tackle over Skipper, but I don't see how you can assume that now given Skipper has a year of experience, coaching and muscle added to his frame.

PorkSoda

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on August 28, 2014, 04:35:35 pm
As far as saying we have Flowers at DE and after that only youth, That's a little like saying "you have a million dollars in the bank, but other than that your'e flat broke." Flowers is a future NFL DE barring injury. I'm not real familliar with Daniel, but Wright is a pretty good DE. Winston and wise are young but talented and they have good ingame experience.
yeah, wise is going to be a beast as well.  He plays with intensity and has them long arms.  opposing QB's are going to hate playing against him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 28, 2014, 11:33:28 am
Name one position we have better than Auburn

Also I think Philon is better at DT than Blackson, but I don't know their other DT's

lumphog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on August 28, 2014, 04:22:32 pm
Uzomah had 11 receptions for 154 yards, Henry had 28 for 409 as a freshman.   I'm not sure why you'd rather have Uzomah.  He is a senior, is it the experience? Because Henry has a year under his belt. Fulse had one reception for 5 yards so technically I guess he is better than Derby, but i was really just talking about Henry.
Because she's the FRESHPRINCESS

threeNout

An average of 6'4", 320 lbs across the offensive line, I think that was researched to be the 4th biggest OL.....in the NFL

Body by Herb, so it should be a fit and efficient 320 lbs.

highly motivated,  chip on shoulder, chomping at the bit.

3 highly skilled tailbacks, a perfect complimentary combination of skills.

Yes, if Auburn's front 7 isn't ready for as physical a challenge as they have ever faced, Iron Bowls included, they might find themselves..... destroyed.

Last years WRs and an injured Allen might be enough to keep the defense honest.  Fortunately we have new WRs and a fresh, healthy Allen.

We just need to load the canon (JW, AC, KM) and fire it at Auburn all day, break that front 7.

HogFanatic

He was a 5* before the cancer.

Ergo, no drop off anticipated.

Says the guy with the Malzahn avatar. Auburn makes me sick. Even their dumbass fans.

farmhawg

Quote from: dc10x1103 on August 28, 2014, 11:53:37 am
as much as you don't want to hear this, gus is a very much better coach than BB.  BB's offense will never approach what gus has done and will continue to do. 
You really need to leave....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dirty

crazy is what crazy does and son, You Cra, Cra!

Razorod

I agree with the OP!! WPS!!!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Boston RedHogs

I don't understand how so many people emphatically know this is the best backfield since McFadden/Jones/Hillis when the 3 of them as recognized offensive players have yet to take the field in a live game.

Let's let these guys earn that recognition as opposed to coronating them before the first kickoff.

HogGoneWild

The Kig

Wait, wha?  Huh?  Maybe I missed the interwebs sarcasm button here, but WTH are you talking about?
Poker Porker

threeNout

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on August 28, 2014, 07:16:42 pm

I don't understand how so many people emphatically know this is the best backfield since McFadden/Jones/Hillis when the 3 of them as recognized offensive players have yet to take the field in a live game.

Let's let these guys earn that recognition as opposed to coronating them before the first kickoff.

myself personally, I'm excited not because our current 3 are supposed equals or betters than the previous 3, but because they may be utilised better.

Many felt like Nutt didn't get as much out of DMac, Felix and Hillis as he could have.

farmhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2014, 04:21:01 pm
Overreacting aren't you??? I didn't see any bashing in that post you quoted.
trolling.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

peachy

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 28, 2014, 01:19:09 pm
Hell, Arkansas may be better at nearly every position on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe except for tackle due to depth.

Auburn does NOT play good defense, no matter how many stars the trolls tell you they have recruited. And whats more is that the more their offense begins to "click", the worse  they will play on defense. It's the nature of the beast.

Limit mistakes, force turnovers, control the clock, win the game.
Whichever team has been better prepared for THIS GAME during the offseason will win this Saturday. I have to believe that is Arkansas. Bielema has had this game circled on his calendar since the day Gus edited game footage last season.

Arkansas better at nearly every position on defense?  Seriously?  The talent disparity leans toward auburn, not Arkansas. 

And once again, Auburns defense last season was better than Arkansas.  They allowed fewer points playing in 2 more games.  They had a better rush defense and pass defense.  And they added more overall talent than Arkansas did.

HogGoneWild

We can score 28 and I think we still lose. Great no huddle offenses like Auburn's put up monster points and stats against subpar defenses like ours. They scored 35 at our place last season with us having twice the possession time. No way we outscore them.

lefty08

Quote from: HogGoneWild on August 28, 2014, 07:53:23 pm
We can score 28 and I think we still lose. Great no huddle offenses like Auburn's put up monster points and stats against subpar defenses like ours. They scored 35 at our place last season with us having twice the possession time. No way we outscore them.

And we had 3 turnovers.......or as peachy would say we got unlucky 3 times

Al Boarland

Quote from: peachy on August 28, 2014, 07:41:37 pm
Arkansas better at nearly every position on defense?  Seriously?  The talent disparity leans toward auburn, not Arkansas. 

And once again, Auburns defense last season was better than Arkansas.  They allowed fewer points playing in 2 more games.  They had a better rush defense and pass defense.  And they added more overall talent than Arkansas did.

+1

peachy

I think what you saw tonight in the TAMU/SC game is similar to what you'll see Saturday.  Auburns offense is just as good (if not better) as TAMUs.  Arkansas will probably score some points: 20-28.  But keeping Auburn under 40 is going to be nearly impossible.

lefty08

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 28, 2014, 08:40:15 pm
+1

you realize thats the exact same post she has made on 45 threads now?  what a cutter and paster

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 28, 2014, 08:44:02 pm
I think what you saw tonight in the TAMU/SC game is similar to what you'll see Saturday.  Auburns offense is just as good (if not better) as TAMUs.  Arkansas will probably score some points: 20-28.  But keeping Auburn under 40 is going to be nearly impossible.

the underdog won, and so i agree

Al Boarland

Quote from: lefty08 on August 28, 2014, 08:44:13 pm
you realize thats the exact same post she has made on 45 threads now?  what a cutter and paster

I guess he's been right every time?

lefty08

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 28, 2014, 09:39:40 am
Hogs by 21 on your PS4. But in reality.....

Set it on 15 minute 1/4's and try again.. 220 to ZIP..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.