Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Will Destroy Auburn Saturday

Started by collins4heisman, August 28, 2014, 09:38:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperDrive

Quote from: lefty08 on August 28, 2014, 04:26:18 pm
so you think. i mean, he was a 5 * years ago......

As I said, he played last year.  We've seen what he's able to do.  He's every bit the 5-star he was rated then.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on August 28, 2014, 07:16:42 pm

I don't understand how so many people emphatically know this is the best backfield since McFadden/Jones/Hillis when the 3 of them as recognized offensive players have yet to take the field in a live game.

Let's let these guys earn that recognition as opposed to coronating them before the first kickoff.

I think people are just saying they're the best group we have had since Hillis, McFadden and Jones, not that they're better than them. We haven't had a slew of overly talented running backs. Knile Davis, and Dennis Johnson, and who elese that would be considered elite? Those three left in 2007, we haven't really had a group like that since then.

RazorRooter

Bielema said we will play 12 true freshmen on Saturday and several redshirt freshmen will also contribute.

According to most observers, last years recruiting class was pretty average, and hopefully, they were under rated, but still, you can't expect these young, inexperienced kids to go on the road the 1st game of the year, and play an Auburn team that finished 2nd in the Country last year, and is returning their starting QB and leave town with a "W", when we were winless in SEC play last year.

If we can pull that off, we will be unstoppable in 2 years. You win big games with Jr.'s & Sr.'s.

Let's just be realistic......WPS & GHG....
It is ALWAYS Hog Tyme!

Dwyane Wade

Name one position we have better than Auburn?

Tight End

JansterZ71

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on August 28, 2014, 11:41:25 pm

Tight End
TE & probably 2 DL positions but it's not that drastic of a difference.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

BigE_23

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on August 28, 2014, 11:41:25 pm

Tight End
Maybe...just maybe - RB

(yes, that was sarcasm)

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 28, 2014, 08:44:13 pm
you realize thats the exact same post she has made on 45 threads now?  what a cutter and paster

And im right.  its just amazing to hear about how awful Auburns defense is going to be because of how bad it was last year but somehow Arkansas will be better despite being worse last season and despite Auburn adding more talent and having more talent. 

The fact is Auburns defense wasn't atrocious last season.  And they've added talent and depth the last few seasons.  Also have to factor in the major injuries they had last year and those players returning along with the new talent.  This is a defense loaded with 4 and 5 star talent.  It wont be the best in the conference but it will be far from the worst.

Westcoasthog

Arkansas will beat Auburn on Saturday, August 30, 2014!

waphill

Quote from: RazorRooter on August 28, 2014, 11:34:57 pm
Let's just be realistic......WPS & GHG....

Realistic????? This is Hogville. NO such thing here!

Randy Johnson

silly.... just silly...we are going to take the field against Arkansas...
when you play yourself you always win...
kinda like a red white game

three hog night

Quote from: The Kig on August 28, 2014, 02:04:25 pm
While I HOPE you are right, there is nothing to suggest that we would blow them out, other than just being a homer (which I completely understand).

The stars aligned for Auburn last year, but I really don't think they were that good of a team.  There is no doubt that we had significant issues at multiple positions that killed us last year.  The reason I think we win is that we have addressed the majority of the problem areas (maybe all... Allen is the key and we will know quickly) and weren't that far away from being competitive against every team except Bama and SC.  The Defensive side of the ball is where I see us playing light years ahead of last year. 

Does that equate to a 1 point win or 21 point win.... don't know and don't care.  Just win, baby.

Good summation.  The real variable is the difference in our defense because of the press coverage giving the Def Line time to get pressure.  Our LB's appear to be better because of depth.

The real variable on offense is how much does the offense change when BA can make all the throws, the Oline improvements, and the WR's are bigger/better able to handle press coverage to get open quickly.   We have speed at WR that has been missing for 2 years.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: collins4heisman on August 28, 2014, 09:38:09 am
Call me crazy but I really think the stars are aligning for a major upset. With the emergence of Korliss Marshall we have the best run attack since Dmac and Felix were here. Not to mention Auburn struggles against the run so if we can capatalize on this and control the clock we run away with this win. Also it's supposed to rain a lot Saturday do this will favor our run attack. I say hogs by 21
Don't do drugs.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

VBMark

Call me crazy but I really think the stars are aligning for a major upset. With the emergence of Korliss Marshall we have the best run attack since Dmac and Felix were here. Not to mention Auburn struggles against the run so if we can capatalize on this and control the clock we run away with this win. Also it's supposed to rain a lot Saturday do this will favor our run attack. I say hogs by 21

Puff. Puff. Pass.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Roadrunner

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on August 28, 2014, 04:15:36 pm
Who is Robinson? You don't mean Greg Robinson? Currently Shon Coleman is  slated to start at left tackle.  He's been there 5 years and this is his first start I think. (He did have cancer though at one point)I don't know if i would take him over Skipper

their depth chart says Coleman is a sophomore
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Roadrunner

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

LRAFBHog

Are u serious?  The stars are not involved in football, just fortune telling.  Get realistic.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Roadrunner on August 29, 2014, 10:02:24 am
their depth chart says Coleman is a sophomore

He had to leave school due to having Leukemia, he was recruited in 2010, i think.

razorbackfanatic

We have a legitimate shot! I should have took the spread when it was at 21. But since im off work at the moment with a back injury the old lady would have killed me if I was wrong!

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

95_alum

"Hogs by 21"?

BENTON PIGGEE

This is the kind of thinking that leads to overreaction to reality. It is why there is a thread on here saying if we don't support Long and BB somehow we are going to get Nutt back.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 06, 2014, 10:04:19 am
This is the kind of thinking that leads to overreaction to reality. It is why there is a thread on here saying if we don't support Long and BB somehow we are going to get Nutt back.
Bit late arriving here.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 06, 2014, 11:06:33 am
Bit late arriving here.

I just wanted to remind people that many here had ridiculous predictions before we played Auburn. Some of them actually believed what they were saying. There are fans and then there are delusional fans. When their perception of reality is destroyed by facts like losing to Auburn by 24, they tend to become more delusional rather than more rational and start to see conspiracies everywhere and feed off rumors.

And in the end, that is more destructive to our program than someone like me who is skeptical(which is seen as being disloyal) but doesn't lose touch with reality.

lefty08

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 06, 2014, 12:35:37 pm
I just wanted to remind people that many here had ridiculous predictions before we played Auburn. Some of them actually believed what they were saying. There are fans and then there are delusional fans. When their perception of reality is destroyed by facts like losing to Auburn by 24, they tend to become more delusional rather than more rational and start to see conspiracies everywhere and feed off rumors.

And in the end, that is more destructive to our program than someone like me who is skeptical(which is seen as being disloyal) bit doesn't lose touch with reality.

Congrats!  You are a REAL fan....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: lefty08 on September 06, 2014, 12:38:23 pm
Congrats!  You are a REAL fan....

...who never thought Gruden was coming here. I am not insane. I consider that a good trait. But that's just me.

Dirty

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 06, 2014, 12:35:37 pm

And in the end, that is more destructive to our program than someone like me who is skeptical(which is seen as being disloyal) but doesn't lose touch with reality.

Why are you here with a post a week after that game? 

SPAL

BorderPatrol

Sir Oinksalot

...kinda cool though the way the OP channeled  21...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: Dirty on September 06, 2014, 12:41:59 pm
Why are you here with a post a week after that game?

I like to point out how confident yet clueless some on here are.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 06, 2014, 12:51:38 pm

Ironic. ..

bp

lefty08

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 06, 2014, 12:51:38 pm

Although I didnt pick us to win, I see nothing wrong with optomism. It doesnt mean youre clueless at all
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: lefty08 on September 06, 2014, 01:34:59 pm
Although I didnt pick us to win, I see nothing wrong with optomism. It doesnt mean youre clueless at all

They are not mutually exclusive.

Picking us to cover the spread against #6 Auburn at their place is optimistic.

Picking us to win is clueless.