Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Will Destroy Auburn Saturday

Started by collins4heisman, August 28, 2014, 09:38:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

collins4heisman

Call me crazy but I really think the stars are aligning for a major upset. With the emergence of Korliss Marshall we have the best run attack since Dmac and Felix were here. Not to mention Auburn struggles against the run so if we can capatalize on this and control the clock we run away with this win. Also it's supposed to rain a lot Saturday do this will favor our run attack. I say hogs by 21

Soooie21

I am thinking win also...can't turn the ball over....

collins4heisman

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 28, 2014, 09:39:40 am
Hogs by 21 on your PS4. But in reality.....
troll somewhere else please and thanks

code red

Quote from: collins4heisman on August 28, 2014, 09:38:09 am
Call me crazy but I really think the stars are aligning for a major upset. With the emergence of Korliss Marshall we have the best run attack since Dmac and Felix were here. Not to mention Auburn struggles against the run so if we can capatalize on this and control the clock we run away with this win. Also it's supposed to rain a lot Saturday do this will favor our run attack. I say hogs by 21
If so I will be inebriated and eating crow....it will taste good too!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PonderinHog

Uh, you're crazy.  Go Hogs!   :razorback:

DeltaBoy

We need the backs to play as good as D-Mac and Felix did against Tigger2.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

footballfan2

Arkansas will get their rushing yards. Just like they did last year.
Rain favors the run team. (Auburn led nation in rushing last year) I'd say Auburn is ok with rain as well.

Although It will be problematic for perimeter runs .. a la the speed sweep.

I think for Arkansas to win, they would have to win the turnover margin by 3+

code red

Quote from: footballfan2 on August 28, 2014, 10:31:05 am
Arkansas will get their rushing yards. Just like they did last year.
Rain favors the run team. (Auburn led nation in rushing last year) I'd say Auburn is ok with rain as well.

Although It will be problematic for perimeter runs .. a la the speed sweep.

I think for Arkansas to win, they would have to win the turnover margin by 3+
And the kicking game will have to be lights out...in addition we will have to mix in the pass at a rate of at least 40%.  With 65% completion rate.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HyperDrive

Yes, because Auburn doesn't have a great running attack at all.

PIGZSNOUT

People forget that Tre Mason was a beast at Auburn and he is now gone on to the NFL.  I dont think their rushing attack will be as stong this year with him not there to tote the rock.

Großer Kriegschwein

"but... but... but......all those 5* athletes they have," they say,"wont miss a beat," they say. 
This is my non-signature signature.

footballfan2

Quote from: PIGZSNOUT on August 28, 2014, 10:34:45 am
People forget that Tre Mason was a beast at Auburn and he is now gone on to the NFL.  I dont think their rushing attack will be as stong this year with him not there to tote the rock.

Auburn Leading Rusher by year

2013 Tre Mason- Heisman finalist, 3rd round draft pick

2012 Tre Mason- Heisman finalist, 3rd round draft pick

2011 Michael Dyer- National Championship MVP, All SEC 1st team, 2300 rush yards in 2 years at Auburn. Not in NFL yet.

2010 Cam Newton- Heisman trophy winner 1st overall NFL selection, pro bowler (second leading rusher= Michael Dyer)

2009 Ben Tate- Drafted 3rd round NFL draft, ~2000 NFL rushing yards (so far) All SEC 2nd team- 3300 yards at auburn

2008 Ben Tate- Drafted 3rd round NFL draft, ~2000 NFL rushing yards (so far) All SEC 2nd team- 3300 yards at auburn

2007 Ben Tate- Drafted 3rd round NFL draft, ~2000 NFL rushing yards (so far) All SEC 2nd team- 3300 yards at auburn

2006 Kenny Irons- Drafted 2nd round NFL draft. (Career ending injury in 2nd preseason game) 2x All SEC 1st team,

2005 Kenny Irons- Drafted 2nd round NFL draft. (Career ending injury in 2nd preseason game) 2x All SEC 1st team,

2004 Cadillac Williams, 5th overall pick NFL draft, AP NFL rookie of the year (Career cut short due to injury)

2003 Cadillac Williams, 5th overall pick NFL draft, AP NFL rookie of the year (Career cut short due to injury)

2002 Ronnie Brown, 2nd overall pick NFL draft, NFL Pro-bowler, 7,200+ NFL all purpose yards to date

2001 Cadillac Williams, 5th overall pick NFL draft, AP NFL rookie of the year (Career cut short due to injury)

2000 Rudi Johnson, 4th round draft pick, Pro-bowler, Cincinatti Bengals single season rushing record (1,458), SEC Player of the Year

1999 Heath Evans 3rd round draft pick, Super Bowl XVLI Champion, 9 year NFL career

footballfan2

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 28, 2014, 10:43:53 am
"but... but... but......all those 5* athletes they have," they say,"wont miss a beat," they say.

I agree .... next on that list imo ... Cam Artis Payne (#1 JUCO RB), Roc Thomas (5*RB True Fresh)/Jovon Robinson (another 5* #1 JUCO RB committed right now)

Hoggish1

Auburn was fortunate to not lose 2-3 other games last year.  They had a horseshoe-up- their-@ss type season.

The way their schedule plays out, I would not be surprised to see them go 7-5/8-4.  Their first loss is this Saturday.

razorbackkid

Total destruction would be fun to watch, but I'd be ok with a one point win in double overtime.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

popcornhog

I do think that we can put up some points on AU but I don't foresee any circumstances in which we'll stop them from scoring with much consistency.

For us to win I think we'd need to be +3 in turnover margin. Not impossible, but not probable.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 28, 2014, 10:50:28 am
Total destruction would be fun to watch, but I'd be ok with a one point win in double overtime.

Ending double overtime on a missed PAT would certainly be amusing.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: PIGZSNOUT on August 28, 2014, 10:34:45 am

I can't remember a year when AU didn't have a good RB.
WPS

Ragnar Hogbrok

Heck, I think we win. Don't know by how much, but doggone it, the Hogs are due one game where everything bounces our way.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

jkstock04

Hogs by 21? Promise?

I gotta say the Hog fever has hit harder this immediate preseason than ever before. I would venture to say at least 60% of Hog fans fully expect a W on Saturday. I'll be ecstatic if it happens but logically I'm just not seeing it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

waphill

Our running game won't win it for us. They will load the box with 10 or 11. We will have to beat them in the air and special teams to win this game.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

razorbackkid

Quote from: popcornhog on August 28, 2014, 10:51:29 am
Ending double overtime on a missed PAT would certainly be amusing.
I was thinking a blocked PAT....:)  Skipper Style....
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 28, 2014, 10:34:22 am

Auburns running game is much less straight at you.  Lots of mis-direction and around the end stuff.  More zone read with late pulls and pitches with a wet ball could lead to problems.

Dont agree with the OP that Hogs win by 21, but will be a close game and I think rain will favor the hogs style more than wartigerplaintrees

HyperDrive

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on August 28, 2014, 11:11:36 am
Auburns running game is much less straight at you.  Lots of mis-direction and around the end stuff.  More zone read with late pulls and pitches with a wet ball could lead to problems.

The vast majority of our rushing yardage last year came between the tackles on ISOs, counters and traps.  We don't pitch the ball that much at all.

BorderPatrol

BorderPatrol

And, please, IF Arkansas loses, don't come back around here and lose your mind. I am afraid with this "crazy" prediction, you will be both heartbroken and pissed off if Arkansas gets beat.

We have enough dumbasses around here as it is.

bp

COCHISE

We've got the o-line and the backs to do it. We need Brandon to be able to hit Henry when needed to keep the defense honest. It's all going to come down to our defense.

MSMHawg

Koolaid-aid,kool-aid, taste great. Wish I had some, can't wait

DOGALUM

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 28, 2014, 11:21:12 am
And, please, IF Arkansas loses, don't come back around here and lose your mind. I am afraid with this "crazy" prediction, you will be both heartbroken and pissed off if Arkansas gets beat.

We have enough dumbasses around here as it is.

bp
name one.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

razorbackkid

Quote from: COCHISE on August 28, 2014, 11:22:53 am
We've got the o-line and the backs to do it. We need Brandon to be able to hit Henry when needed to keep the defense honest. It's all going to come down to our defense.

Our offense really needs to keep our defense rested and if this happens we'll have a very good game to watch.  If not, it may be a long afternoon on the plains.

MSMHawg

rljjr

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 28, 2014, 10:34:22 am

It doesn't.  It's an average rushing attack predicated on misdirection and large gaps. It's not a power game. They can't win on a sloppy track. #science

PennHOG

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

HyperDrive

Quote from: rljjr on August 28, 2014, 11:36:24 am
It doesn't.  It's an average rushing attack predicated on misdirection and large gaps. It's not a power game. They can't win on a sloppy track. #science

^^^^doesn't really pay attention to football

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

razorbackkid

dc10x1103

as much as you don't want to hear this, gus is a very much better coach than BB.  BB's offense will never approach what gus has done and will continue to do. 

razorbackkid

Quote from: dc10x1103 on August 28, 2014, 11:53:37 am
as much as you don't want to hear this, gus is a very much better coach than BB.  BB's offense will never approach what gus has done and will continue to do. 

Their styles are completely different.  Gus has done well with his style everywhere he has been and there's not much to debate that.

Coach Bielema is building his team now and it may take another year or two for his style to be fully implemented.  Gus had a head start in forming what Auburn is today.

To say Gus is a better coach is premature in my opinion.

RLWOLFEMAN

Quote from: dc10x1103 on August 28, 2014, 11:53:37 am

Pets his Gus doll vigorously

Arkansas Fan

Auburn fans are scared shiteless about this game.

COCHISE

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on August 28, 2014, 12:25:16 pm
Auburn fans are scared shiteless about this game.
I would be too. We've got nothing to lose.

KCHOGFAN

hoghevn

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 28, 2014, 11:28:11 am
name one.

If we lose (which I would HATE; and am believing we won't); just watch the haters come out.  You'll be able to name ALL you want.  A LOT of people getting caught up in the excitement.....  That's fun, nothing wrong with it..... But as soon as CBB (who I think is great and am thrilled he's here) makes what someone thinks is a wrong decision....  they'll label him as the sole reason we lost and they thought he knew what he was doing, but now he needs to be replaced, blah, blah, blah.... it'll be from sunshine to the darkside after one game.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

GlassofSwine

It would be great, but I don't see it. Auburn has a legitimate Top 15 team. Mahlzahn is going to get them their points regardless of who is playing. If we would have been 10-2 last year we would still be an underdog on the road.
     If we have a legit shot it will be by forcing them into turnovers and controlling the clock. Which is not out of the realm of possibility but still.

HogFanatic

I forgot how ridiculous this place can get during the season.

Auburn runs a rhythm offense. Zone read, timing, etc. Early season jitters AND rain BOTH work in Arkansas's favor. People say Arkansas needs to be +3 in the turnover margin to win the game. Ok, that makes sense I guess because that's what Auburn needed to win the game last season.

After Herndon dropped a sure-fire TD on our first possession, we had that tight end come in and play QB while Allen was getting his leg stapled back together. Eight offensive plays later Auburn receives their first two turnovers. Auburn shouldn't count on that much luck again this week (or this season as a whole, for that matter). Auburn's luck has ran out this season ya'll. Karma will get you eventually, and Malzahn has a mountain of the crap in the negative column. Arkansas wins this game, and I will be ecstatic to see all of the Auburn trolls disappear...and many of our own "fans" have to eat some damn crow.

Who in the hell do people think they are calling the OP a troll because he feels that Arkansas will win this game? OP is a fan...that's what fans do.

Arkansas controlled time of possession with 75% of the time off the clock in the first half last year.
Three trips into the red-zone with only 3 damn points to show for it.

Arkansas shot themselves in the foot and LOST the game against Auburn last year. Auburn didn't "win".

Arkansas held Auburn to their lowest play total for the entire season and ran a dozen more plays...

Arkansas CAN win the game this weekend, and I fully expect them to.

razorbackfaninar

HogFanatic

razorbackfaninar

razorbackfaninar