Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK St. / Florida St.

Started by hogcard1964, August 28, 2014, 09:03:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but does anyone else think OK St. wins this game?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jgphillips3

Not likely, but I'll be pulling for them.

LRRandy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 28, 2014, 09:09:48 am
No.  Won't be close.
I think this is correct. FSU ( Free Shoes  University, or is it lobster now)
Is currently a machine.
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 28, 2014, 09:03:16 am
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but does anyone else think OK St. wins this game?

No
Go Hogs Go!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 28, 2014, 09:10:45 am
Why?

I think FSU has too much size, speed, talent, etc., to say nothing about a QB who is probably the best in the country.  I don't like him, but you can't deny his talent.  OSU has never ever proven that it can win the big game when it matters, and I just don't see that trend changing against FSU.  I think the score will be something like 42-24.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

NaturalStateReb

Florida State, but I don't sense a complete blowout.  I think the Noles take this one because the Pokes aren't that good defensively.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Poker_hog

I think they've got a better shot than most people think.  It's similar to us and auburn.  Okie state is a good program with a good coach
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

CPO Hog

Okie State offence will be pretty good. They have the #1 JUCO APB suiting up this year. On D they lost a lot of it's production from last year. FSU by 10+ in a high scoring game.

hogcard1964

I think Okie St wins a tight one.  34-32

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 28, 2014, 09:28:59 am

You may be right, and I hope I'm wrong.  Not a fan of FSU; just getting concerned that they may be turning into the new 'Bama.

By the way, Keith says the Hogs win 7 games this year.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 28, 2014, 09:37:27 am
You may be right, and I hope I'm wrong.  Not a fan of FSU; just getting concerned that they may be turning into the new 'Bama.

By the way, Keith says the Hogs win 7 games this year.

7 or 8

Poker_hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 28, 2014, 09:37:27 am

Nah.  Fsu recruits well but not on bama's level.  They just have the superstar qb for now that makes them a title contender.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 28, 2014, 09:28:59 am

Help me out here.  Maybe you know Okie st better than I, cause I don't keep up with them more than they are orange and funded by TBOONe, but do you really see Okie st able to score 30+ on FSU D?  I can see FSU putting 40+ on Okie, but can't see Okie getting 28.  The O/U is high too.  (63.5)

onebadrubi

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 28, 2014, 09:45:40 am
Nah.  Fsu recruits well but not on bama's level.  They just have the superstar qb for now that makes them a title contender.

That receiver last year helped a lot, wasn't he a senior?  Similar to the A&M receiver that bailed out Manziel often. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 09:46:28 am
That receiver last year helped a lot, wasn't he a senior?  Similar to the A&M receiver that bailed out Manziel often.

Benjamin.  Yeah, he's in the NFL now; left early and was a high draft pick.  But I disagree with Poker_hog; FSU isn't just the QB.  Fisher has recruited extremely well and I think they have talent and depth across the board.

hogcard1964

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 09:45:51 am
Help me out here.  Maybe you know Okie st better than I, cause I don't keep up with them more than they are orange and funded by TBOONe, but do you really see Okie st able to score 30+ on FSU D?  I can see FSU putting 40+ on Okie, but can't see Okie getting 28.  The O/U is high too.  (63.5)

I don't know.  I'm probably thinking with my heart instead of my head.

DeltaBoy

Noles will scalp T. Boone U !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: LRRandy on August 28, 2014, 09:12:18 am
I think this is correct. FSU ( Free Shoes  University, or is it lobster now)
Is currently a machine.
Someone said they were now referred to as the "Criminoles"

code red

OSU has been devastated with folks leaving...I think I heard only 7 starters returning on both sides of the ball...it will be ugly.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hog N Bama on August 28, 2014, 09:54:21 am
Someone said they were now referred to as the "Criminoles"

How young are you?  I'm fairly young and remember Bowden not having a starting line up basically till sat morning, simple because he didn't know who would make it through friday not in JAIL. 

NaturalStateReb

And a dumpster fire conference that's practically a superhighway to the playoff.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 09:56:06 am
How young are you?  I'm fairly young and remember Bowden not having a starting line up basically till sat morning, simple because he didn't know who would make it through friday not in JAIL.

I KNOW how young you are.   ;)

The same thing was said about Broyles and the '64-'65 Hogs.  Had a few "free spirits" on that team, and a helpful relationship with the Fayetteville PD was a necessity back then.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 28, 2014, 09:57:02 am
And a dumpster fire conference that's practically a superhighway to the playoff.

Now THAT is the truest thing that has been posted in this thread.  Almost embarrassing for them.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 28, 2014, 09:57:52 am
I KNOW how young you are.   ;)

The same thing was said about Broyles and the '64-'65 Hogs.  Had a few "free spirits" on that team, and a helpful relationship with the Fayetteville PD was a necessity back then.

I KNOW how old your are ;) 

Hogwild

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 28, 2014, 09:10:45 am
Why?

I agree with the 1st poster I don't believe it will be close.  Ok State is in rebuilding mode, they are unranked and are a 3 touchdown underdog going against the #1 in the nation. 

Although Fla State is roughly the same point favorite as Auburn,  I think Seminoles have a chance to cover the spread.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 28, 2014, 09:53:01 am
Noles will scalp T. Boone U !
probably the most accurate post that I have read on here in the last 2 weeks
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Hoggish1

No, there are none that think that.  Carry on.

razorbackkid

I hope Okie St. beats the crap out of 'em.  I have a toxic hatred of Fla.St., Notre Dame, Ohio St., Texas and a few other teams that has no cure.

Where is the game being played?
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Chief Mac

August 28, 2014, 11:04:55 am #32 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:16:03 am by Chris McWilliams
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 28, 2014, 09:03:16 am

This game will not be close.  FSU will beat the brakes off Cowboy U
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 28, 2014, 11:04:55 am
This game will not be close.  FSU will beat the breaks off Cowboy U
Okie St. will certainly need a few brakes to win.  ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

PonderinHog

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 28, 2014, 10:58:42 am
I hope Okie St. beats the crap out of 'em.  I have a toxic hatred of Fla.St., Notre Dame, Ohio St., Texas and a few other teams that has no cure.

Where is the game being played?
Jerry World?

onebadrubi

Chief Mac

You do realize FSU has had a top 10 class EVERY year going back to 2007?  When you are talking about top 10 classes, the difference between 1 and 10 is very small.

Jameis is a superstar, but he is the cherry on top if you will.  Jimbo has his system in place and FSU will be back to dominating the way it did through the 90s.   
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 28, 2014, 11:09:38 am
Okie St. will certainly need a few brakes to win.  ;)

damn auto-correct!!

razorbackkid

onebadrubi

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 28, 2014, 11:14:56 am
I'll take the Cowboys then.

Didn't they just lose in jerry world, the last game they played in?

JansterZ71

According to Rivals here is FSU recruiting:
2010- #10
2011- #2
2012-#6
2013-#10
2014- #4

That's an average of 6th.  That's pretty elite.  The difference in the #1 class and the number 10 class is maybe 3 to 5 players.  FSU didn't beat Auburn because of a QB.  They beat them because of the DL & OL play in the 4th quarter.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

widespreadsooie

This one won't be close. 48-14 'Noles.

DLUXHOG

10-0, Seminoles, with 9:20 left in the 2Q........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)