Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL: Ole Miss 35, Boise State 13 ... Attendance: 32,823

Started by jbcarol, August 28, 2014, 08:55:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Over/under apparently on the line with this last drive.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Final from Atlanta

Boise State 13  Ole Miss 35

Hope you had the under.

jbcarol

Bo Wallace  25/36  386 yds, 4 TD, 3 INT

Cody Core    4 rec. 111 yds, 2 TD (long 76 yds)

Treadwell     7 rec. 103 yds, TD

NaturalStateReb

My takeaways:

1.  Defense and special teams look solid.
2.  OL play has to get better in a hurry.
3.   Wallace continues his schizophrenic performances.
4.  We played the worst offensive half imaginable against a pretty decent team away from home and never trailed.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

intelligence

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 28, 2014, 10:30:16 pm
My takeaways:

4.  We played the worst offensive half imaginable against a pretty decent team away from home and never trailed.

I'm sorry but boise state isn't that good. they are junk offensively although for their defense which is just above average, not great.

PorkRinds

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 28, 2014, 10:30:16 pm
My takeaways:

My takeaways:
1. One of a couple or games I had arkansas winning in conference was aTm. Now I'm convinced it's ole miss. You guys sucked tonight. No way to sugar coat it. Against an sec team  you'd have gotten drummed.

Sweet Feet

Ole Miss is a 2nd half team offensively. They will still give teams trouble. Struggles are normal for any offensive minded team/coach early in the season. Thats why auburn is vulnerable now.  Petrino even struggled in the first few games inhis tenure at arkansas. They will be still dangerous

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  6h

Hugh Freeze said Bo Wallace is Ole Miss' guy, but three interceptions are still awful concerning. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2014/08/29/kellenberger-freeze-keeps-faith-uneven-ole-miss-qb-wallace/14783027/ ...

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

We're still 1-0 and we've got 4 weeks to get better.  It's a long way to November.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  17h
Love critique of Ole Miss' defense giving up 399 total yards. It was only 4.69 per play, which would have been eighth nationally in 2013.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  20h

That Ole Miss-Vanderbilt line has been bet up all the way to Ole Miss -20. Opened at 14.