Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL: Ole Miss 35, Boise State 13 ... Attendance: 32,823

Started by jbcarol, August 28, 2014, 08:55:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Time to see what No. 18 Ole Miss really has in store for 2014. Time to play Boise State at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta (7 p.m, ESPN).

Quote"Everybody is bouncing off the walls right now," defensive end C.J. Johnson said.

"We're tired of hitting each other every single day," tight end Evan Engram admitted.

"I can't look back on any other season and say we're as far along as we are now," safety Cody Prewitt acknowledged.

Even coach Hugh Freeze, who spent each of his first two training camps at Ole Miss worrying about whether the team was understanding the offensive and defensive systems being installed, said he is ready for kickoff.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Kellum @RebVoice  ·  3h
Painted and ready to go at the Georgia Dome.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  1h
Tim Tebow on SEC Nation: "I think Ole Miss is going to roll in this game."

He made a promise after Ole Miss rolled in a 2008 game.

popcornhog

I'm glad to get to see four conference team in action before watching the hogs.

WPS

Go Rebs (tonight)
Go Cocks (tonight)
Go Vandy (tonight)
WPS

The_Bionic_Pig

I just....I just can't wish a good outcome to Ole Miss unless their playing the Miami Hurricanes of course..
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

popcornhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 28, 2014, 06:13:16 pm
I just....I just can't wish a good outcome to Ole Miss unless their playing the Miami Hurricanes of course..

Figure it's better for us to beat the team that beat Boise rather than the team that lost to Boise. Haha

And honestly, now that Nutt's gone, I'm indifferent to the Rebs. I grew up in east Arkansas and have friends that went to school there.
WPS

ricepig

Quote from: popcornhog on August 28, 2014, 06:36:08 pm
Figure it's better for us to beat the team that beat Boise rather than the team that lost to Boise. Haha

And honestly, now that Nutt's gone, I'm indifferent to the Rebs. I grew up in east Arkansas and have friends that went to school there.

Just the opposite with me growing up in east Arkansas, having to put up with them, haha.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  2m
Boise State wins the toss, will receive. Boise State fans chant "Boise State," handful of Ole Miss dudes respond with "SEC." Let's just play

jbcarol

Ole Miss on their first possession near their 28.

Motion.

jbcarol

Wallace to Engram and almost back to the original los.

Treadwell hit late on the next play.

1st down OM.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

jbcarol

Ole Miss now in Boise territory as they face 3rd and short:

Pass across the field and he's one yard short.

jbcarol

Boise tackling better in open field than say South Carolina.

jbcarol

ricepig

How many tickets did Ole Miss sell, upper deck and end zones empty??

SteveInArk

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 07:10:13 pm
How many tickets did Ole Miss sell, upper deck and end zones empty??

Yep ... tough place (big) for a neutral site ...
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  29s
Jeremy Liggins getting the start at tight end, as is Jaylen Walton. Ole Miss going double tight.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  15m
In the "suspended player" category, Denzel Nkemdiche did make the trip and Sammie Epps did not.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Personal foul on Ole Miss' Bryant.

After review he could be tossed.

PorkRinds

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

This game may be a little too quick for this MtnWest crew.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  17s
And without Denzel Nkemdiche, Ole Miss' other linebacker position now falls to probably Keith Lewis and Demarquis Gates.

jbcarol

Golson, who once turned down a big baseball contract, picks off the Boise pass in the end zone.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  8s
Senquez Golson intereption in the endzone. Credit John Youngblood for the pressure.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jbcarol on August 28, 2014, 07:28:01 pm
This game may be a little too quick for this MtnWest crew.

No kidding. How did they miss the fumble?  The guy was standing straight up for Pete's sake.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hogmeier

Any stAte fans watching this game? If so, which one of your old coaches are you cheering for?

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

jbcarol

ricepig

jbcarol

Wallace pass to Sanders may be just a yard short of the sticks.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  13s
We're not quite done with the first quarter, and Aaron Morris has three false start penalties.

Ray D. Award

NaturalStateReb

One of the worst officiating jobs I've ever seen. Harsin must have slipped them a 20 to keep it honest. We're about to get jobbed out of this 1st down after Goober and Ernest T review.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 28, 2014, 07:42:12 pm
One of the worst officiating jobs I've ever seen. Harsin must have slipped them a 20 to keep it honest. We're about to get jobbed out of this 1st down after Goober and Ernest T review.

to be fair ya'll caught a break with that PF penalty on BS.  should have been offsetting penalties

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  1m
Touchdown Ole Miss. Bo Wallace to Cody Core from 30 yards out.

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  3s
Cody Core is making a fine debut to be the next "Hugh Freeze gonna squeeze everything out of this marginal wide receiver" guy.

Swineasaur

When I switched from the scar murdering it said Bryant was just thrown for targeting.  What happened

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ole Miss in business near the BS 40:

Wallace throws underneath for 12.