Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

why I like Kurt Hoover

Started by husker71, August 27, 2014, 09:05:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

you can tell he goes to the windows which is a switch from some of those on both stations.  Last week he was giving reasons for a 2nd time starter  who ran back and listed 3 or 4 reasons why at 17 to 1 that he had put this horse in his pick 3s and 4s and the horse ran away and paid $36.   Today he was really hot about a 9 to 1 shot changing barns from (Calhoun to Sherlock) who had run twice back at Lone Star.  It finished 2nd to an odds on horse and then in the final today (Delmar) he loved the 10 horse at 23 to one who won going away.  a $48 dollar horse.   what I like about him is he is not afraid to kind of steer us towards trainers who are also trying to cash a bet maybe.  If you go to Paulick report there was some mischief at Thistledown where a better betting online made a 1 to 2 favorite pay nearly $8 by betting a few thousand each on the other 4 or 5 runners at the track just before post time.  The longest shot was 35 to 1 a couple of minutes before the race and went off at 9/2.  He lowered all the other odds so his went from even money to 3 to 1 and won going away.  By the way a 60 to 1 just won the 7th at Evangeline. 

jdelo77

cbhawg03

Always remember seeing him on HRTV, but I only have TVG now since I have Direct.

I absolutely hate TVG. It is just horrible, the people and production both. Also do not like the broadcast on FoxSports1 or whatever it is that they do for some of the bigger races, believe the Haskell was one. It is just a third-rate production, with Simon and the guy from NYRA broadcast, they waste 20 minutes giving their bets and explaining what the bet is, "I am going to bet a $20 exacta with the 5 with 2,3 so the 5 must win and then either the 2 or 3 must come in second for my ticket to hit."

I seriously doubt you are getting any newbies to watch those broadcast, usually happens only during BC and Triple Crown, but you don't have to explain every little detail like that, gets annoying.

jdelo77

Just curious ? What show is he on ?

husker71

he normally does the last 4/5 races of the SoCal track and whatever other track are on during that time period.   HRTV    I hardly turn on TVG anymore.

kingoftherapids

jdelo77

I wish cox here in NWA would carry HRTV !

HogFanInBryant

I for one am a HUGE Dish Network fan.  Lot's of folks give me a hard time about it, but omg I have every channel I want for $78 per month and I have 5 HD receivers with DVR on 2 of them.  HRTV and TVG both are just a bonus on Dish Network.

jdelo77

Yeah we are going to have to switch soon , cox is getting Rediculous !

kingoftherapids

love Dish. hrtv and tvg back to back channels!