Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is time to beat Auburn

Started by Ray Zor, August 27, 2014, 02:21:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Zor

Everything is there for the taking. Even the weather looks to do its part. Our injuries vs theirs, suspensions vs theirs, discipline vs theirs. Stay composed. Stay focused on the game plan. Trust your coaching. With everything falling into place, execute and win. Things don't always work out that way but it appears we will have every opportunity that could be expected when opening at the 6th ranked team's house. It's time to make it happen vs wishing it would happen. Circle the wagons. Play smart. Give all we have. It's time to be relevant again. One family. Razorback Pride....

Beat Auburn.

Go Hogs
GO HOGS

razorbackkid

+1

:razorback:

Go Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

three hog night

AU had a weak defense last year and they were EXTREMELY LUCKY.   

This year the back 7 for AU has some real weakness in the secondary that is good talent but unproven.   The area our offense needs to improve....is the passing game.   Our QB is not injured and can make the throws to keep AU from using the safeties for run support. 

We will be much better than outsiders expect, and AU won't be as lucky this year.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Blythevillehog72315

I don't know about you guys but here in Blytheville Arkansas everyone here know we will win its don't matter how we pay this year i think its our time never back down from nobody  >:( :razorback:

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Blythevillehog72315 on August 27, 2014, 02:38:54 pm
I don't know about you guys but here in Blytheville Arkansas everyone here know we will win its don't matter how we pay this year i think its our time never back down from nobody  >:( :razorback:
Love the optimism.  Hate the grammar. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

razorbackkid

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 27, 2014, 02:42:27 pm
Love the optimism.  Hate the grammar. 
gramers r overraided sumtimes.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 27, 2014, 02:47:36 pm
gramers r overraided sumtimes.  :)
No worries about the grammar mate...welcome aborde!!

Cartoon Man

WPS, it is time for some smashmouth football.  Our boys just have to believe.

johnny cash

I believe we can beat them, just need to move ball and not turn ball over. I believe we can run on anyone, just hope BA can hit some people in  play action wearing our colors.

peachy

Quote from: three hog night on August 27, 2014, 02:24:17 pm
AU had a weak defense last year and they were EXTREMELY LUCKY.   

This year the back 7 for AU has some real weakness in the secondary that is good talent but unproven.   The area our offense needs to improve....is the passing game.   Our QB is not injured and can make the throws to keep AU from using the safeties for run support. 

We will be much better than outsiders expect, and AU won't be as lucky this year.

This is just mindboggling.  Auburn had a weak defense last year?  What did Arkansas have?  Between the two Id take Auburns considering they allowed 24 ppg compared to Arkansas 30.  Auburn even had a better rush defense than Arkansas did.  Hell, Auburns passing defense was statistically better than Arkansas in most categories. 

Auburn pass defense:
Allowed 57.8% completion rate
Allowed 7.3 yards per attempt
Allowed 19 TDs (in 14 games) and had 13 INTs

Arkansas pass defense:
Allowed 64.9% completion rate
Allowed 7.9 yards per attempt
Allowed 25 TDs (in 12 games) and had 8 INTs

Also, Auburn had 23 starts missed on defense due to injury last year. 

Auburn also has added the #1 JUCO DE and the #1 and #3 JUCO DBs.  Thats in addition to they highly rated players they've signed the last several years.

Ray Zor

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 06:33:58 pm
This is just mindboggling.  Auburn had a weak defense last year?  What did Arkansas have?  Between the two Id take Auburns considering they allowed 24 ppg compared to Arkansas 30.  Auburn even had a better rush defense than Arkansas did.  Hell, Auburns passing defense was statistically better than Arkansas in most categories. 

Auburn pass defense:

Arkansas pass defense:

Auburn also has added the #1 JUCO DE and the #1 and #3 JUCO DBs.  Thats in addition to they highly rated players they've signed the last several years.

Lighten up Peachy. We both had terrible defenses. The most improved defense will win Saturday.
GO HOGS

lefty08

Auburn pass defense:

Arkansas pass defense:

Its not that mind-boggling that its posted here, if you wanna see mind-boggling go look at your own board. Do you need the irl address?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

peachy

Quote from: Ray Zor on August 27, 2014, 06:39:25 pm
Lighten up Peachy. We both had terrible defenses. The most improved defense will win Saturday.

Thats the thing though; Auburns defense wasnt terrible.  It wasnt great, I know that.  But it wasnt awful.  They held Alabama to 28 points-3rd fewest they scored all year.  Held FSU's offense to 27 points (one TD was a kick return)-the lowest anyone held FSU all year.    Held Arkansas to 17-tied for 4th fewest they scored all year.  Held Arkansas St to 9 points-2nd fewest they scored all year.  Held Miss St to the 5th fewest they scored all year.  Held Ole Miss to the 3rd lowest they scored all year.

A terrible defense couldnt do that.  It wasnt a great defense, but it wasnt terrible.  Texas A&M had a terrible defense.

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 06:51:01 pm
Its not that mind-boggling that its posted here, if you wanna see mind-boggling go look at your own board. Do you need the irl address?

Are you getting a little pissy about me posting here? 

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 06:52:59 pm
Thats the thing though; Auburns defense wasnt terrible.  It wasnt great, I know that.  But it wasnt awful.  They held Alabama to 28 points-3rd fewest they scored all year.  Held FSU's offense to 27 points (one TD was a kick return)-the lowest anyone held FSU all year.    Held Arkansas to 17-tied for 4th fewest they scored all year.  Held Arkansas St to 9 points-2nd fewest they scored all year.  Held Miss St to the 5th fewest they scored all year.  Held Ole Miss to the 3rd lowest they scored all year.

A terrible defense couldnt do that.  It wasnt a great defense, but it wasnt terrible.  Texas A&M had a terrible defense.

Arkansas held AU to their fewest play output. i can scream "we werent awful" all i want but it doesnt change the fact we were
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 06:53:52 pm

not at all, i like it. makes some of our posters look like geniuses. you are always welcome here peach

Russ22

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 06:52:59 pm

Yes. Yes, they did. I aged many years last season because of that defense.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 06:55:19 pm
Arkansas held AU to their fewest play output. i can scream "we werent awful" all i want but it doesnt change the fact we were

Arkansas defense was worse than Auburns.  But I dont think Auburn had a terrible defense.  It wasnt a good or great defense, but it wasnt terrible. 

rhames

Auburn pass defense:

Arkansas pass defense:

Chill out man. That was last year. That all means nothing come Saturday
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

peachy

Quote from: rhames on August 27, 2014, 07:04:23 pm

Chill out man. That was last year. That all means nothing come Saturday

And it was in response to a post about.....last year.

rhames

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 07:07:32 pm
And it was in response to a post about.....last year.

And it still means nothing. Clearly this is a positive thread where everyone just wants to get excited for Saturday

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

lefty08

Quote from: rhames on August 27, 2014, 07:10:52 pm

And it still means nothing. Clearly this is a positive thread where everyone just wants to get excited for Saturday

AU fans are too busy being nervous to be excited

rhames

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 07:24:24 pm
AU fans are too busy being nervous to be excited

Oh he is an Auburn fan. I would be pissed to if I had only dated women who weigh over 390 pounds but I'm glad he can take one for the team. Big women need love too and thats why God created Auburn fans.

HogFanatic

Thanks for the pep talk, coach.

I will make the team proud. Can I return kicks after I've gone 8 deep in the Miller Lite case this Saturday?

pigture perfect

Auburns defense (like ours) was bad last year. Their best defense last year was Time of Possession with a good offense. We will benefit this year by having a better DC and new scheme.

And yes, we do have a problem with trolls on the board. If you want to be civil, you will stick around. You come with a punk attitude, you won't. That's just the precident around here.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Calling All Hogs

Most deals with the devil last one year so I'm assuming Gus' "luck" has run out

JansterZ71

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 27, 2014, 07:32:21 pm
Most deals with the devil last one year so I'm assuming Gus' "luck" has run out
His "luck" was a tipped pass vs UGA.  Hopefully that's not all the luck he gets.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Ray Zor

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 27, 2014, 09:25:01 pm
His "luck" was a tipped pass vs UGA.  Hopefully that's not all the luck he gets.

Do you believe that was the only luck moment Auburn had last year?
GO HOGS

code red

Ruscin made a good point this morning.  He stated that its not like we had only 5 days to get ready.  We had all season to plan for this team.  As far as positives you can't deny that as an advantage for both teams.  So...I think this game will be a gauge on the next 3 yrs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 06:53:52 pm
Some folks around here don't like stats and facts. Just carry on you make valid points...can't wait to game day.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bacons Rebellion

Bragging that you held Arkansas to 17 last year should seal a verdict against any defense.

code red

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 28, 2014, 01:51:04 pm
Bragging that you held Arkansas to 17 last year should seal a verdict against any defense.
We had our opportunities last year no doubt.  Dropped pass in EZ...2 times turned away at the GLine.  One INT on the 15 yd line.  Botched fakes.  It was there for the taking.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Ray Zor on August 28, 2014, 01:38:46 pm
Do you believe that was the only luck moment Auburn had last year?
Only true luck yes.  Everything else was Auburn made the plays when they had to. "Luck" is the UGA players tipping a pass.  Luck is NOT catching a short FG (which was a good chance of coming up short since it's a 57 yard kick and shouldn't have been attempted) and running it back. (Essentially a punt return). Rare play?  Yes,but not lucky.  Saban should have taken it into overtime but he didn't.  Bad coaching decision by him and good one by Gus to put our punt return in. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

lumphog

Quote from: johnny cash on August 27, 2014, 05:39:42 pm
I believe we can beat them, just need to move ball and not turn ball over. I believe we can run on anyone, just hope BA can hit some people in  play action wearing our colors.
What's up Cash ? BA will shine like a new Caddy Saturday.

lumphog

Auburn pass defense:

Arkansas pass defense:

EAT A PEACH !!!!

HognotinMemphis

There will be a beating on Saturday afternoon. That is for sure.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ray Zor

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 28, 2014, 02:04:58 pm
There will be a beating on Saturday afternoon. That is for sure.

Elaborate?
GO HOGS