Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The main reason why (I think) we have a good chance at beating Auburn.

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, August 27, 2014, 01:40:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

Last year Auburn was a great team. They had great talent, most of the players had been recruited by Gus, they had great coaching, won the SEC and played for the NC. There is IMO no doubt that Auburn was a good team.

Last year the Hogs made a lot of mistakes, our starting QB got injured, we had to break in a backup QB, we had a new coaching staff, many of the players back then were either not a good fit for the new system, or simply not experienced enough in how to run the new system, physically we were not at tough as we could be ........etc.

Still when we played Auburn the game was actually closer than the final score shows, and we could had beaten them.

One year later, how much better can Auburn get? I don't know, I will say they are about the same as last year. The Hogs on the other hand have improved by leaps and bounds. If we can eliminate the mistakes we did last year I think we give Auburn all they can handle and more.

WPS Go Hogs!!

FaytownHog

The biggest reason I think we have a chance is that we're currently undefeated so anything seems possible. I have a couple other reasons but that one is certainly the biggest.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: FaytownHog on August 27, 2014, 01:48:55 pm
The biggest reason I think we have a chance is that we're currently undefeated so anything seems possible. I have a couple other reasons but that one is certainly the biggest.

And that is why the games are actually played and we don't just nominate the on paper strongest as the winner. There are so many things that change from season to season  in college football that you do not really know anything until the team starts playing games.

My point is that I see Auburn as being more or less as good as they were last year. That is a good place to be at but I think is also their ceiling. The piggies on the other hand will keep improving and getting better.

holman24

What most have failed to really think about is Auburn last year Ellis was in his first year as def coach so his player were learning his scheme.  This year they will have experience in that defense and be alot better if you think the same about the hogs offense.  And the offense has had another year to perfect Gus's scheme while our def is in their first year of learning another def the Fourth different def cord in 4 years.  Now I am an Ark grad and want more than anything for them to win but I am a realist and I don't see any way an 0-8 sec team last year can go to the national runner ups home the first game and even keep it close.

peachy

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 27, 2014, 01:40:50 pm
Last year Auburn was a great team. They had great talent, most of the players had been recruited by Gus, they had great coaching, won the SEC and played for the NC. There is IMO no doubt that Auburn was a good team.

Last year the Hogs made a lot of mistakes, our starting QB got injured, we had to break in a backup QB, we had a new coaching staff, many of the players back then were either not a good fit for the new system, or simply not experienced enough in how to run the new system, physically we were not at tough as we could be ........etc.

Still when we played Auburn the game was actually closer than the final score shows, and we could had beaten them.

One year later, how much better can Auburn get? I don't know, I will say they are about the same as last year. The Hogs on the other hand have improved by leaps and bounds. If we can eliminate the mistakes we did last year I think we give Auburn all they can handle and more.

WPS Go Hogs!!

Last years game wasnt close.  Auburn led 28-3 at one point.  They didnt really run their hurry up offense.  Once Auburn went up 14-3 Arkansas never got closer than 11 points and lost by 18, despite having the ball almost 10 more minutes than Auburn.  Auburn never had to turn on the juice in that game.  And Arkansas had the advantage of playing at home coming off an open date. 

I understand being optimistic about your team, I really do.  But the chances of Arkansas even being close in this game are remote.  Auburn has more talent and more depth.  They have one of the best coaches in the country.  This is the deepest and most experienced offense Malzahn has ever had since joining the college ranks.  Arkansas isnt going to be able to stop them.  I can pretty much promise that Auburn will score a minimum of 40 points.  I think it will be between 43-50 actually. 

Arkansas can be a good program again.  And soon.  It just isnt going to happen this saturday.

razorbackkid

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 02:06:48 pm
Last years game wasnt close.  Auburn led 28-3 at one point.  They didnt really run their hurry up offense.  Once Auburn went up 14-3 Arkansas never got closer than 11 points and lost by 18, despite having the ball almost 10 more minutes than Auburn.  Auburn never had to turn on the juice in that game.  And Arkansas had the advantage of playing at home coming off an open date. 

I understand being optimistic about your team, I really do.  But the chances of Arkansas even being close in this game are remote.  Auburn has more talent and more depth.  They have one of the best coaches in the country.  This is the deepest and most experienced offense Malzahn has ever had since joining the college ranks.  Arkansas isnt going to be able to stop them.  I can pretty much promise that Auburn will score a minimum of 40 points.  I think it will be between 43-50 actually. 

Arkansas can be a good program again.  And soon.  It just isnt going to happen this saturday.

We are gonna still show up just in case Auburn has a bunch of turnovers, injuries, cramps and that sort of thing.  Maybe your team will be too stoned to play.

Never know about Saturday's in the SEC.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 27, 2014, 02:15:56 pm
We are gonna still show up just in case Auburn has a bunch of turnovers, injuries, cramps and that sort of thing.  Maybe your team will be too stoned to play.

Never know about Saturday's in the SEC.

:razorback:

[attachment deleted by admin]
This is my non-signature signature.

three hog night

AU had a weak defense last year and they were EXTREMELY LUCKY.   The back 7 for AU has some real weakness in the secondary that is good talent but unproven. 

We will be much better than outsiders expect, and AU won't be as lucky this year.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 27, 2014, 01:40:50 pm

WPS Go Hogs!!

I'm diggin' what you're shovelin'!!!!!!  WPS!!!!!!  #1=0!!!!!!

cosmodrum

You guys gotta get this "could've beat Auburn last year" stuff out of your head. They ran very few plays and the game never got out of hand for them. I was there. I seent it with my own two eyeballs.

I just hope we are competitive. If so, that means that maybe we can get a couple SEC wins this year. Saturday won't be one of them. Oh, and if you think the refs will give us any kind of fair shake, you are nuts. We'd have to dominate to win.
Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Hootie and Ole Miss beat a Florida team that was clearly the best in the country.  Tebow and Co beat LSU 51-21, Georgia 49-10, and Florida State 45-15.  They beat a 12-0 Alabama squad in the SECCG that year.

Anything can happen.

code red

Don't underestimate the Auburn fans.  That place will be inhospitable.  IMO the only chance the we have to win is to win the coin toss.  Win the coin toss and score.  Then I believe there is a chance to win.  The Auburn Tigers roster is full of 4 and 5 stars...that is the difference.  The rosters don't really compare and its a road game.  Just an opinion....I hope CBB and the boys make me eat crow.  Furthermore,  you say we have improved by leaps and bounds....care to explain how you came to this conclusion?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 27, 2014, 02:26:18 pm
Hootie and Ole Miss beat a Florida team that was clearly the best in the country.  Tebow and Co beat LSU 51-21, Georgia 49-10, and Florida State 45-15.  They beat a 12-0 Alabama squad in the SECCG that year.

Anything can happen.

Yep. Gotta play the game.
Go away, batin'

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: holman24 on August 27, 2014, 01:58:00 pm
I don't see any way an 0-8 sec team last year can go to the national runner ups home the first game and even keep it close.
Last year's Auburn team might disagree.  Just sayin'.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

code red

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 27, 2014, 02:25:47 pm
You guys gotta get this "could've beat Auburn last year" stuff out of your head. They ran very few plays and the game never got out of hand for them. I was there. I seent it with my own two eyeballs.

I just hope we are competitive. If so, that means that maybe we can get a couple SEC wins this year. Saturday won't be one of them. Oh, and if you think the refs will give us any kind of fair shake, you are nuts. We'd have to dominate to win.
A voice of reason...this is refreshing....seriously +1
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

three hog night

Our defensive scheme made it easy for AU on offense last year.  Our Dline was very good last year but our LB's did not support the Dline nor did the secondary.  This year our defense is supposed to be more aggressive, but there is no film for tendencies to help Gussiah.  Our corners are playing press coverage so the 7-10 yard cushion is gone.

Our defense will be better than last year, but that is not saying much.   I feel it will be much better if the LB's improve as much as the Corners have.

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

lefty08

Quote from: code red on August 27, 2014, 02:34:32 pm
Don't underestimate the Auburn fans.  That place will be inhospitable.  IMO the only chance the we have to win is to win the coin toss.  Win the coin toss and score.  Then I believe there is a chance to win. The Auburn Tigers roster is full of 4 and 5 stars...that is the difference.  The rosters don't really compare and its a road game.  Just an opinion....I hope CBB and the boys make me eat crow.  Furthermore,  you say we have improved by leaps and bounds....care to explain how you came to this conclusion?

The rosters never compare, why do people continue to use this as a reason to why the hogs cant win. Also, the fact its a road game means we have as good of a chance as they do, havent we won 4 of the last 5 in that stadium?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

code red

Quote from: three hog night on August 27, 2014, 02:39:03 pm
Our defensive scheme made it easy for AU on offense last year.  Our Dline was very good last year but our LB's did not support the Dline nor did the secondary.  This year our defense is supposed to be more aggressive, but there is no film for tendencies to help Gussiah.  Our corners are playing press coverage so the 7-10 yard cushion is gone.

Our defense will be better than last year, but that is not saying much.   I feel it will be much better if the LB's improve as much as the Corners have.

Bama was in press 2.....when Auburn tied with the option pass.....Gus will adjust.  This cat is supposed to throw it better than Marshall.  Our corners are going to have to show me they can cover. 

peachy

Quote from: three hog night on August 27, 2014, 02:21:29 pm
AU had a weak defense last year and they were EXTREMELY LUCKY.   The back 7 for AU has some real weakness in the secondary that is good talent but unproven. 

We will be much better than outsiders expect, and AU won't be as lucky this year.

Arkansas had a weaker defense.  Auburn gave up 24 ppg last season.  Arkansas gave up 30.  In fact, Auburn gave up fewer total points than Arkansas last year (Auburn 346, Arkansas 369) despite playing TWO more games than Arkansas and both against top 10 teams.  And Auburn has been adding 4 and 5 star talent to their defense.  Arkansas is adding 2 and 3 star and the occasional 4. 

code red

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 02:42:33 pm
The rosters never compare, why do people continue to use this as a reason to why the hogs cant win. Also, the fact its a road game means we have as good of a chance as they do, havent we won 4 of the last 5 in that stadium?
So rosters don't matter??  Who has won the Natty with a 4 year  recruiting ranking avg. below 15 in the last 5 years??

peachy

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 27, 2014, 02:38:43 pm
Last year's Auburn team might disagree.  Just sayin'.

Auburn played Alabama in Auburn, and it was the last game of the regular season, not the first.  Major difference there.

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 02:43:15 pm
Arkansas had a weaker defense.  Auburn gave up 24 ppg last season.  Arkansas gave up 30.  In fact, Auburn gave up fewer total points than Arkansas last year (Auburn 346, Arkansas 369) despite playing TWO more games than Arkansas and both against top 10 teams.  And Auburn has been adding 4 and 5 star talent to their defense.  Arkansas is adding 2 and 3 star and the occasional 4.

all the more reason why its embarrassing you guys ever lose a game. Even bama is shakin in their boots when they play you guys. hell, you guys could probably beat the st louis rams this year. im thinking 158 to 2 AU. AU will averasge over 50 points this year so im told
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

lefty08

Quote from: code red on August 27, 2014, 02:45:15 pm
So rosters don't matter??  Who has won the Natty with a 4 year  recruiting ranking avg. below 15 in the last 5 years??

beating AU has never equated winning the national championship, get over yourself

lefty08

Quote from: code red on August 27, 2014, 02:43:08 pm
Bama was in press 2.....when Auburn tied with the option pass.....Gus will adjust.  This cat is supposed to throw it better than Marshall.  Our corners are going to have to show me they can cover.

if he could throw it better than marshall, we would never have heard of marshall. i hear johnson runs a 3.89 40

three hog night

Last year with BA's injury, our offense was like a basketball team of role players without a point guard.  There was nobody to distribute the ball to the WR's and TE's.  BA could not make the throws to scare the def coord into keeping the safeties in cover support.  Our WR's were weak, could not handle physical Corners thus safeties were not needed for cover support.  BA could throw decent on short passes under 20 yards, so the def coords would play corners in press coverage to stop our short passes. 

We had 2 RB's run for almost 2000 yards in spite of EVERYONE in the stadium knowing that we were going to run.  We had to overcome safeties in full run support to get yards.  We were starting 2 TRUE FRESHMAN on the OLine, yet we still could run the ball in spite of this.

This year, we have WR's that are fast, big and physical.   Our TE's are loaded with physical specimens.   Our Oline is better than last year.  Our QB is healthy and able to make the throws that will open up play action and keep the safeties in cover support.   Our RB's were some of the best in the SEC and they are even better now with Korliss.

This year is a much different team...much different.

code red

three hog night

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 02:43:15 pm

A team in the SECCG and BCS bowls should have MUCH BETTER defense than what AU had last year.   They survived their poor defense by being lucky.   Arkansas was 3-9 so it is understandable for us to have a poor defense.   

What is AU's excuse for having a NON BCS defense with 4 star players everywhere????

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 02:47:59 pm

if he could throw it better than marshall, we would never have heard of marshall. i hear johnson runs a 3.89 40

He can throw better than Marshall.  He wasnt the starter last year because he was a true freshman while Marshall had more gametime experience.  And he's not the starter this year because Marshall was good enough to take Auburn to the NC game and he's a better runner. 

code red

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 02:46:36 pm
beating AU has never equated winning the national championship, get over yourself
Agree....look I am not trying to pick a fight.  I merely disagree that you assume that recruiting doesn't equate to winning.  If those teams weren't winning they wouldn't have won a NC.  One game yeah....I'd like our chances better at Fayettenam....but not on the Plains.

lefty08

Quote from: code red on August 27, 2014, 02:51:02 pm
http://www.saturdayedge.com/7253/how-college-football-recruiting-has-determined-our-national-champions/Here are the AVERAGE recruiting rankings of the BCS champions from 2006-2012...I rest my case.

what is your case, we are discussing beating AU, and you are discussing national championships. reach much?

lefty08

Quote from: code red on August 27, 2014, 02:55:53 pm
Agree....look I am not trying to pick a fight.  I merely disagree that you assume that recruiting doesn't equate to winning.  If those teams weren't winning they wouldn't have won a NC.  One game yeah....I'd like our chances better at Fayettenam....but not on the Plains.

AU has out recruited arkansas for the ,say, the last 22 years, yet we are 10-12 against them. so tell me again how its a definite

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 02:47:59 pm

In Gus' offense, the mobility of the QB matters... a LOT.  That's why, at least athletically, Marshall is the starting QB. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

pigsooietim

Quote from: holman24 on August 27, 2014, 01:58:00 pm
What most have failed to really think about is Auburn last year Ellis was in his first year as def coach so his player were learning his scheme.  This year they will have experience in that defense and be alot better if you think the same about the hogs offense.  And the offense has had another year to perfect Gus's scheme while our def is in their first year of learning another def the Fourth different def cord in 4 years.  Now I am an Ark grad and want more than anything for them to win but I am a realist and I don't see any way an 0-8 sec team last year can go to the national runner ups home the first game and even keep it close.

Unfortunately I agree with this post for the most part. I will say this though. If we are able to run the ball on them like we did last year and this time score on those long time consuming drives then we may have a shot. We will need that and maybe one turnover that we turn into points. The thing I am hearing a lot is that Auburns defensive line isnt as good as last years ? And we pushed last years guys around..

So while I agree with you for the most part. There is a big part of me that hopes we can HOG the ball and pull out the win.

peachy

Quote from: three hog night on August 27, 2014, 02:53:27 pm
A team in the SECCG and BCS bowls should have MUCH BETTER defense than what AU had last year.   They survived their poor defense by being lucky.   Arkansas was 3-9 so it is understandable for us to have a poor defense.   

What is AU's excuse for having a NON BCS defense with 4 star players everywhere????

Mainly due to the fact that their offense scores so quickly that their defense is on the field longer and for more plays.  Auburns offense doesnt eat up 5-8 minute drives.  They generally score in less than 2 minutes, a lot of times less than a minute.  Most important stats are ppg and redzone defense.  Auburn was actually pretty good in both of those.  In fact, Auburn was 10th in the nation in red-zone defense. 

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 02:59:41 pm
Mainly due to the fact that their offense scores so quickly that their defense is on the field longer and for more plays.  Auburns offense doesnt eat up 5-8 minute drives.  They generally score in less than 2 minutes, a lot of times less than a minute.  Most important stats are ppg and redzone defense.  Auburn was actually pretty good in both of those.  In fact, Auburn was 10th in the nation in red-zone defense.

they are most important to you because your team is better in those categories

code red

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 02:57:27 pm
AU has out recruited arkansas for the ,say, the last 22 years, yet we are 10-12 against them. so tell me again how its a definite
You got an agenda????  What is your point.  Recruiting is most important...that is my point.  I got no agenda.  Better players win.

three hog night

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 02:59:41 pm

Your defense is weak and you only win because of the offense.   Last year you got lucky to get 3 victories that should have been losses.  You won by the skin of your teeth last year in conf.

MSU  24-20
OM    30-22
aTm  45-41
Ark    35-17
UGA   43-38
Bama 34-28

Your defense didn't dominate the SEC.  Your offense over compensated for the weakness of your defense and you got lucky....extremely lucky in 3 games.

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 03:04:09 pm
they are most important to you because your team is better in those categories

They're more important because yards dont win games, points do.  I would rather have a defense that gave up 400 yards a game but only 21 points as opposed to a defense that gave up 350 yards a game but 28 points. 

peachy

Quote from: three hog night on August 27, 2014, 03:07:24 pm
Your defense is weak and you only win because of the offense.   Last year you got lucky to get 3 victories that should have been losses.  You won by the skin of your teeth last year in conf.

MSU  24-20
OM    30-22
aTm  45-41
Ark    35-17
UGA   43-38
Bama 34-28

Your defense didn't dominate the SEC.  Your offense over compensated for the weakness of your defense and you got lucky....extremely lucky in 3 games.

Never said the defense dominated the SEC.  But it was better than you want to give it credit for.  and ill take close wins as opposed to close losses any day.  This was a team coming off 3-9.  The fact that they were even in some of these games was miraculous.  Winning them showed the vast improvement the team made in a short period under Malzahn.  If he can improve a team that much in one offseason how much better do you think that team will be returning 90% of the team with another offseason under them?  And people tend to forget Marshall was on campus only about 3-4 weeks prior to the first game last year.  He only knew about 20% of the offense the first few games. 

lefty08

Quote from: code red on August 27, 2014, 03:04:53 pm
You got an agenda????  What is your point.  Recruiting is most important...that is my point.  I got no agenda.  Better players win.

agenda? thats hilarious. we are talking about beating AU saturday, and your reasoning was they have 4 and 5* players, so u think we lose. I say thats faulty thinking on your part. So you immediately post statistics on teams who win a national title. im simply saying its 2 different things. stay on topic will ya?

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 03:11:07 pm
Never said the defense dominated the SEC.  But it was better than you want to give it credit for.  and ill take close wins as opposed to close losses any day.  This was a team coming off 3-9.  The fact that they were even in some of these games was miraculous.  Winning them showed the vast improvement the team made in a short period under Malzahn.  If he can improve a team that much in one offseason how much better do you think that team will be returning 90% of the team with another offseason under them?  And people tend to forget Marshall was on campus only about 3-4 weeks prior to the first game last year.  He only knew about 20% of the offense the first few games.

close wins become close losses in different years in this league. fact is yall had a good team last year. everything that could go right did, and you guys won a lot of games. 1 or 2 things happen differently and u guys lose 4 games. This is another year, another team, and i will be shocked if you guys repeat the same type of year this year. Thats just not AU's MO. Never has been. 1 year wont change that

ShadowTheHedgehog

I disagree with those that say that we did not have a chance to beat Auburn last year, we had two turnovers and a turnover on downs in the first half and still only trailed 14-3.

Auburn ALWAYS run few plays, that is what they do they run the same basic plays and disguise them with different looks.

Auburn is NOT going to beat you on defense. They will outscore you. yeah their DC has been there for another year but they also lost a lot of talent to Graduation, NFL, ... crime.

Auburn is not going to score 40-50 points on any SEC teams this year.

As I said this is my opinion. I still think we will beat Auburn.

Go Hogs!   

DeltaBoy

I believe we need to score early and often and build a solid lead and force Tigger2 to Pass more than run.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 03:18:32 pm
close wins become close losses in different years in this league. fact is yall had a good team last year. everything that could go right did, and you guys won a lot of games. 1 or 2 things happen differently and u guys lose 4 games. This is another year, another team, and i will be shocked if you guys repeat the same type of year this year. Thats just not AU's MO. Never has been. 1 year wont change that

No, Auburn didnt have everything go their way.  They had one lucky play against Georgia.  The Alabama play was more them not being prepared than luck.  And Auburn had just as much go against them.  LSU game 1st quarter downpour caused two Auburn TOs that led to 14 LSU points (Auburn lost by 14).  FSU game allowed a kick return for a TD and missed a field goal (lost by 3).  The Georgia game the go ahead TD by Georgia Murray was down before breaking the plain on a 4th down play.  Should have been Auburns ball with the lead.  Iron Bowl Auburn allowed a 99 yard TD pass (first time in school history), fumbled inside the 30 to set up an Alabama TD, failed a 4th down conversion that gave Alabama the ball 35 yards from the endzone, jumped offsides on a 4th down to keep an Alabama drive going that resulted in a TD.

People tend to look at two plays as defining Auburns season and throwing 12-2 SEC Champions on pure luck.  Utterly ridiculous.  They were an bad team before the season started, an average team when the season started and became a great team as the year went on.  The progress from game 1 to the NC game is almost unprecedented.  Its logical to think the progression has continued and this team will be better than the team that almost won the NC.

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 27, 2014, 03:32:27 pm
No, Auburn didnt have everything go their way.  They had one lucky play against Georgia.  The Alabama play was more them not being prepared than luck.  And Auburn had just as much go against them.  LSU game 1st quarter downpour caused two Auburn TOs that led to 14 LSU points (Auburn lost by 14).  FSU game allowed a kick return for a TD and missed a field goal (lost by 3).  The Georgia game the go ahead TD by Georgia Murray was down before breaking the plain on a 4th down play.  Should have been Auburns ball with the lead.  Iron Bowl Auburn allowed a 99 yard TD pass (first time in school history), fumbled inside the 30 to set up an Alabama TD, failed a 4th down conversion that gave Alabama the ball 35 yards from the endzone, jumped offsides on a 4th down to keep an Alabama drive going that resulted in a TD.

People tend to look at two plays as defining Auburns season and throwing 12-2 SEC Champions on pure luck.  Utterly ridiculous.  They were an bad team before the season started, an average team when the season started and became a great team as the year went on.  The progress from game 1 to the NC game is almost unprecedented.  Its logical to think the progression has continued and this team will be better than the team that almost won the NC.

if you count turnovers as bad luck, sure, youre right.  i dont

Hawgzinbowlz

1.BA will be efficient and make enough plays to keep the chains moving early in the game.

2.BA moving the chains will make AU unload "the box".

3.An unloaded box will allow our improved OL to open holes for "Running Back U".

4.We will not have any/many fumbles and will eat up the clock.

5.Our time of possession will allow our D to rest.

6.We, players/coaches, will have more energy, focus and "want to" the entire game.

Arkansas 35 - "Plainsmen" 31

" GO HOGS "

peachy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 03:34:07 pm
if you count turnovers as bad luck, sure, youre right.  i dont

I count turnovers caused by weather as bad luck.  Its pretty bad luck for a new QBs first road game to be @LSU in the pouring rain. 

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on August 27, 2014, 03:36:57 pm
1.BA will be efficient and make enough plays to keep the chains moving early in the game.

2.BA moving the chains will make AU unload "the box".

3.An unloaded box will allow our improved OL to open holes for "Running Back U".

4.We will not have any/many fumbles and will eat up the clock.

5.Our time of possession will allow our D to rest.

6.We, players/coaches, will have more energy, focus and "want to" the entire game.

Arkansas 35 - "Plainsmen" 31

" GO HOGS "

#4  and #5 are most likely the keys of leaving Auburn with a win.....that and more points of course. 

Great post.

+1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hollywood_HOGan45

BA had a terrible year last year but I was extremely impressed with him in game one vs ULL when he was healthy.

We had by far our best game vs ULL in game one. Hopefully we play sharp and open holes for our running backs.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2014, 03:42:42 pm
BA had a terrible year last year but I was extremely impressed with him in game one vs ULL when he was healthy.

We had by far our best game vs ULL in game one. Hopefully we play sharp and open holes for our running backs.

This year he will have better protection, better WRs, more experienced/stronger RBs to balance the game, more experienced/better/stronger TEs. And they all understand the playbook much better.