Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On twitter

Started by immahog, August 27, 2014, 01:25:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

immahog

August 27, 2014, 01:25:34 pm Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:38:05 pm by immahog
@nwaRobbie says that BB says "our best interior lineman is Tretola an it will be hard to keep him of the field"  WOW he must be pretty good thats high praise
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Wildhog

Quote from: immahog on August 27, 2014, 01:25:34 pm
@nwaRobbie says the BB says "our best interior lineman is Tretola an it will be hard to keep him of the field"  WOW he must be pretty good thats high praise

Apparently he's just a monster.  They've had problems getting Cam Jefferson to be physical enough, but they've said that hasn't been a problem for Tretola.  He's 350 pounds of mean.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

wupigsuey

saw that too yet, isn't the starter. Not sure what to make of that.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

jb11

That should be the short yardage fullback right there. Could you imagine being a LB trying to fill that gap with 350lbs of mean barrelling down at you?

trashcan maN

Also said that Frank Ragnow "will play" at Auburn, and the reason they didn't want to start him was because Smothers had more experience going into a hostile environment.

Starting OL will be Skipper, Tretola, Ragnow, Kirkland, Cook by game 2 or 3 IMO.

Hawk

Quote from: wupigsuey on August 27, 2014, 01:28:02 pm

There's a lot to learn and he's only had a short time to learn it. I think he will get there sooner rather than later. He's a mountain of a man.

GO HOGS!!!

The_Iceman

Robbie Neiswanger ‏@NWARobbie
Bielema said Sebastian Tretola may be Arkansas' best interior lineman right now. He won't start Saturday, but may be hard to keep off field.

Basically saying, Luke Charpentier's days at Guard are numbered. Probably is just holding the spot until Tretola gets everything together since he arrived late.

Sooie71923

I wanna comment on the old belief that just because you maybe the best talented player at a certain position doesn't make you a starter. 

Having a strong skill set along with understanding/knowing the playbook makes you the starter.

More value is as it should be is placed on experience and understanding the playbook. So when people Goto crying about why BA is the starter or why Tretola isn't starting remember that.

forrest city joe

Quote from: immahog on August 27, 2014, 01:25:34 pm
@nwaRobbie says the BB says "our best interior lineman is Tretola an it will be hard to keep him of the field"  WOW he must be pretty good thats high praise
I tried to tell folks after i watched him on video, that this guy could be a NFL first round pick kind of player. i would like to see he and Denver Kirkland starting at the OG spots down the road. he is the real deal.

onebadrubi

I believe that they are slightly scared of throwing him in at game time situations fully yet.  They will ease him in there and he will boot someone off the starting lineup by game three.  He may not quite understand all the checks or audibles just yet.  Just my interpretation of that.  All that said, Tretola was the question mark we needed to come through.  With this we just went from border line thin to nice depth at the OL for freshness deep in games as well as if the injury bug comes around. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 27, 2014, 01:36:17 pm
I tried to tell folks after i watched him on video, that this guy could be a NFL first round pick kind of player. i would like to see he and Denver Kirkland starting at the OG spots down the road. he is the real deal.

Good grief, that's 700 pounds just at the guard spots. That video that leaked of Korliss Marshall's run in practice (that the mods locked up for some reason), showed Tretola and Wallace absolutely blowing up the D-line, moving them 10 yards downfield.

PonderinHog

Angry Hogs - Fear Them!  :razorback:

trashcan maN

Quote from: intelligence on August 27, 2014, 01:38:03 pm
But forget that BA was a coaches son and there was alot of politics involved there, such as keeping the commitment of his little brother, right? Choose your words more wisely next time. It was politics and not the playbook or talent that put BA behind that line of scrimmage last season.
Do you believe that Bielema is the type of coach to choose his starting QB based on some low-level staff member and petty politics?

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

One thing I do like about CBB is his ability to recruit and develop O linemen

PorkRinds

But forget that BA was a coaches son and there was alot of politics involved there, such as keeping the commitment of his little brother, right? Choose your words more wisely next time. It was politics and not the playbook or talent that put BA behind that line of scrimmage last season.

No it wasn't.  That comment makes your moniker pure irony...

onebadrubi

You are FOS! 

immahog

I can not recall ever being this geek about OL WOO DAMN PIG
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

KMB90

For your name to be "Intelligence" there sure isn't a whole lot of it in this post.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 27, 2014, 01:41:36 pm
You are FOS!

And let me add that he also beat out Brandon Mitchell.
This is my non-signature signature.

thefisher

But forget that BA was a coaches son and there was alot of politics involved there, such as keeping the commitment of his little brother, right? .... It was politics and not the playbook or talent that put BA behind that line of scrimmage last season.

That statement is off the scale pure BS.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Who should had been the QB instead of BA?

Wildhog

Just as the depth changed a lot during the course of last season, I expect we'll see quite a few changes during the course of this one.  Patience.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Completely wrong.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 27, 2014, 01:51:39 pm
Completely wrong.

Comments like that should have a 15 day suspension, you know much longer than Auburn Mary Jane suspensions. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 27, 2014, 01:48:35 pm
If Tretola is the best then why is he listed second on the depth chart?

The young man will have been practicing with the team for less than 25 days come saturday.  Not really too hard to figure out the answer to your question there. 

Deep Shoat

That is such a stupid take.  So politics put BA there, friendship with Derby's dad put Derby there, and those same politics/friendships kept Austin off the field and moved DuWop to WR?

We need a Special Olympics forum for some posters...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Dropkick

Whats your first name, Lackof?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 27, 2014, 01:48:35 pm
If Tretola is the best then why is he listed second on the depth chart?
Less than a month on campus.

If you don't know the playbook, your talent isn't going to be effective.
All Gas, No Brakes!

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 27, 2014, 01:39:30 pm
Good grief, that's 700 pounds just at the guard spots. That video that leaked of Korliss Marshall's run in practice (that the mods locked up for some reason), showed Tretola and Wallace absolutely blowing up the D-line, moving them 10 yards downfield.
Wallace is another Stud that's going to play this year. he may not start this year unless something happens to Cook. but he will play some.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dropkick on August 27, 2014, 01:57:21 pm
Whats your first name, Lackof?

Thank you!  I needed that laugh today!  +1

And someone just had to bring up the Mobster Ascolese...

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 27, 2014, 02:00:34 pm
Vin Ascolese

Vinny would be a pimp QB.

My point to those who complain about BA being the starter is that when CBB came here we had BA and backups that had never won the starting job under the previous coaches. It was not like CBB demoted a former starter to make BA the starter. BA came in and competed for the job with previous backups and beat them.

WooPig90

Tevin also most likely ruled out for this weekend  :-\

onebadrubi

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 27, 2014, 02:05:30 pm
Tevin also most likely ruled out for this weekend  :-\

whaaaat

Ahhh I see now, hammy with him too.  Up note though Wise was held out most of practice but went at "moderate" speed and is expected to be ready to go! 

lefty08

This is game 1 depth chart, clearly some scabs cant grasp this
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

razorbackkid

Good Lord dude.....
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

lumphog

Off topic a lil, but in RDs "get to know me" write up about Tretola, he said that he was super impressed with how accurate BA was throwing darts in practice. Said he was VERY IMPRESSED with the QB.....Look out for BA in the AU game.

greenie

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 01:40:58 pm
Do you believe that Bielema is the type of coach to choose his starting QB based on some low-level staff member and petty politics?

Is Bobby Allen still on the staff?  I couldn't find any mention of him on the current athletic dept website.  Just curious.

BorderPatrol

zane

Set any trucks on fire lately?
RIP LSUfan

LZH

Good Lord.  Irony is ironic.  If you honestly think that an SEC coach would rather impress someone (who is working for him btw) and risk his very job so he could play a certain kid at QB (or any other position), you should be stripped of your Hogville name.

three hog night

dude you just crapped the bed....give it a rest....
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Paul

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 01:29:04 pm
Also said that Frank Ragnow "will play" at Auburn, and the reason they didn't want to start him was because Smothers had more experience going into a hostile environment.

Starting OL will be Skipper, Tretola, Ragnow, Kirkland, Cook by game 2 or 3 IMO.
that's what it sounds like to me too

three hog night

The 2nd string line is going to play a lot so Tretola, Wallace, Ragnow etc will play plenty.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

onebadrubi

Quote from: greenie on August 27, 2014, 02:17:10 pm
Is Bobby Allen still on the staff?  I couldn't find any mention of him on the current athletic dept website.  Just curious.

No, he was moved to Athletic Department when Bielema came in. 

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: greenie on August 27, 2014, 02:17:10 pm
Yes. He works with the NFL.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

thefisher

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 27, 2014, 02:00:34 pm
Vin Ascolese

Bwaaahaa!  That's great. A timely and well played response sir. +1
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Biggus Piggus

What you make of that = 1. He didn't arrive on campus until right before August camp started. 2. He had to lose weight and get in game shape. 3. He began practicing behind our starting right guard. 4. He was so good, they moved him to left guard to give him a chance to start sometime this season. 5. If he's gaining that kind of praise already, Tretola must be awesome.
[CENSORED]!

Hog N Bama

Total crock there bud. You don't know what you are talking about. BA is a very good QB and will finally get to show the world just that.

Biggus Piggus

Unintelligence is destined for a short Hogville life.
[CENSORED]!