Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch Party in Kansas City?

Started by popcornhog, August 27, 2014, 07:54:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Last fall I was new to KC and I was fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to attend almost every game or otherwise be in New Orleans over the weekends.

Now I'm more settled in and probably won't be attending many road games.

Is Johnny's Tavern the stronghold for Razorback fans? We had a small group of 4-5 get together at John's Big Deck for two games last year.

WPS
WPS

k.c.hawg

Popcorn here is a link to the Alumni Association watch party. It is at Johnny's in the P&L. When I moved here in 93 my wife and I were officers in the Alumni Assoc and we had great watch parties at Coach's on 103rd. Great times, especially for basketball as we usually had 50-100 for all the games there. I think some people might do unorganized get together's there as well. Chris Leese has been organizing here for some time and does a good job..... my niece goes on occasion and says she has a great time. I seem to have gotten too busy over the years and prefer the couch in front of the 70". I saw your post on ISU in Ames.....I'm considering it.....figure it will be a steep price on Stub Hub as they have been packing Hilton since the Mayor returned to town. I've always wanted to go to a game at Hilton this might be the time!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103593493031206/?ref=br_tf
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

popcornhog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on August 27, 2014, 08:22:51 am
Popcorn here is a link to the Alumni Association watch party. It is at Johnny's in the P&L. When I moved here in 93 my wife and I were officers in the Alumni Assoc and we had great watch parties at Coach's on 103rd. Great times, especially for basketball as we usually had 50-100 for all the games there. I think some people might do unorganized get together's there as well. Chris Leese has been organizing here for some time and does a good job..... my niece goes on occasion and says she has a great time. I seem to have gotten too busy over the years and prefer the couch in front of the 70". I saw your post on ISU in Ames.....I'm considering it.....figure it will be a steep price on Stub Hub as they have been packing Hilton since the Mayor returned to town. I've always wanted to go to a game at Hilton this might be the time!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103593493031206/?ref=br_tf

Thanks for the info. I know two people that are planning to go to Johnny's -- I will probably try to convince the rest if the JBD group to go over there as well if it's usually well attended. Our alumni association in Nashville used to have some good watch parties.

Shoot me a message if you decide to go to Ames. I've already booked the hotel, I'll definitely be going (hopefully tickets are somewhat reasonable).
WPS

RazrRila99

I havent decided if Im going to head to Johnny's or watch it from my living room.  I went to a few games last year, the groups were sporadic unless they had the group on the patio.  Chris is doing a good job getting the group going again.

popcornhog

Quote from: RazrRila99 on August 27, 2014, 10:50:09 am
I havent decided if Im going to head to Johnny's or watch it from my living room.  I went to a few games last year, the groups were sporadic unless they had the group on the patio.  Chris is doing a good job getting the group going again.

We should talk to Chris about arranging a group to go up to Ames for the ISU hoops game in Dec 4. Not a bad drive.
WPS