Predict the Score

Started by moses_007, August 26, 2014, 08:59:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_Mack

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 29, 2014, 10:51:54 pm
Auburn 48

Arkansas 27

Went about like I thought it would. I knew Hogs' D is still weak and that was obvious the entire game. Auburn could have thrown for 800 yards if they'd wanted. Wore Hogs down on both sides and shut them out in 2nd half when Hogs had nothing left. One thing the Razorbacks are consistent with is lack of depth. That goes back decades.

If Hogs hadn't dropped a TD pass, would have been even more accurate at score prediction.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

LRRandy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 29, 2014, 05:59:37 pm
RB's: 1A-101 yds
        1B- 75 yds
        1C- 59 yds
Rush:      235 yds

Passing:  16 of 25 for 225 yds

Ark Total: 460 yds.

Auburn:    200 yds rushing
               215 passing
Aub Total: 415 yds

Turnovers: 2 each

Possible Final Score: Arkansas 42  Auburn 41
keep your day job.  600 yards for Auburn. 325 for Ark without a 100 yard rusher. Hogs just didn't come out of the locker room after the half n
This is fun, isn't it.

Arkie4life

Quote from: Arkie4life on August 27, 2014, 01:28:03 pm
I'm thinking this could be a very vintage Razorback loss:
Arkansas will start off VERY strong, (maybe have a lead by halftime) but then, "bust a Houston Nutt" and a barely score again for the second half.

45-28 L

Wow, I guess I was being a tad generous!  :puke:

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 08:03:47 pm
keep your day job.  600 yards for Auburn. 325 for Ark without a 100 yard rusher. Hogs just didn't come out of the locker room after the half n
MustposteeHogfan knows about as much regarding football as does my housekeeper.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Al Boarland

LRRandy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2014, 08:08:38 pm
MustposteeHogfan knows about as much regarding football as does my housekeeper.
he is entitled to his opinion. He just gets a little "looking down his nose" at anyone that doesn't line up with his thinking.
This is fun, isn't it.

fakebobholt

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 27, 2014, 11:10:38 am
45-21 bad guys. Our 3 backs all put up good numbers but in the red zone we have mistakes, penalties and a turnover that shoots us in the foot.

I guess a blind squirell finds a nut every now and again.

code red

Quote from: lefty08 on August 28, 2014, 04:05:16 pm

you have no idea what our "style" is
Feel free to enlighten us.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

BroyledNutts

Quote from: BroyledNutts on August 29, 2014, 01:09:31 pm
With rain all game, Hogs 17-14

Without rain all game, Auburn 31-17

With NO rain during the game, Auburn 45 - 17

missed it by THAT much....

PennHOG

Quote from: PennHOG on August 29, 2014, 02:31:15 pm
I think we keep it close through the first half with Auburn leading 17-24.

I think the 2nd half we will see an interception from BA that will lead to an Aub touchdown.  I also think we'll see an Aub TO that will led to an Ark field goal.  Then I think we'll see a trick play from Gus that will result in a TD so that by the end of the 3th quater we will be down 24-38.

Then Auburn will be able to slow down their hurry up offense to use most of the clock and score another TD.  Ark will only be able to manage a field goal in their attempt to comeback.

So we lose 27 - 45.

Afterwards Finebaum will make fun of Arkansas for thinking we had a chance and half the fan base will be screaming for a new QB.

I was pretty dang close on a few things here.  Clearly I thought the Arkansas offense would be slightly better.   But I guessed right on the interception for TD. 

I guess I should have played the lottery too.     :D
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!