Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill (tidbit)

Started by trashcan maN, August 26, 2014, 07:12:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 26, 2014, 10:01:34 pm
Like I said it has been 2 weeks since we trained. lots of  info comes from trainers but some kids keep it close to the vest. He may have been sold on the hogs and we are both be right. Ill be glad to pass along info from time to time. If I get stuff from the horses mouth's ill pass it along. I wont put out speculation that starts rumors and puts me in a bad spot. My kids play and horse around with these guys twice a week. A lot of AAU kids train there as well. I may hear 1% of all recruited kids, I don't have info on lots of kids but few where we train are studs. I hope he is a hog, over the summer he was bama. I hope you guys are right. Ill come here for my crow if I ever mention something that is wrong. If I'm right a couple times then maybe you can take it for what its worth based on my history,

I agree on the post count and history. I'm not here to argue and shoot the BS with hog fans. I believe we are 1 year from where we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My stance is I dont think either Allen brother is the answer. That is not putting either of them down, I think our 2 new guys are just more talented. Next year coach will have Peavy with a year under the belt plus storey on campus. BB inherited the Allen's, they both are good but I feel we start a new qb next year and we will see drastic results. I'm where you guys are but just am on an1 year delay.

"My stance is I don't think either Allen brother is the answer".
That's funny right there.  Nobody cares what "your" stance is about Arkansas' quarterbacks.  When you become the Head Hog then we'll care.  Now, go take your drivel elsewhere. 

alwaysnextyear

This is a no brainer. A planned commit before the first game. In the last month or so I've had a suspicion that Gragg or Hill may pull the trigger. Rack em. Now wr gotta find a stud tailback, couple OL, and back 7 on D. A couple surprising wins this fall and we could close top 15.

The_Iceman

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 27, 2014, 07:30:57 am
This is a no brainer. A planned commit before the first game. In the last month or so I've had a suspicion that Gragg or Hill may pull the trigger. Rack em. Now wr gotta find a stud tailback, couple OL, and back 7 on D. A couple surprising wins this fall and we could close top 15.

And then we see Bielema's depth chart come out with two TE's. With the wealth of talent at TE coming in (O'Grady and Cantrell, then possibly Gragg), I think Bielema is understanding you can put more talent on the field and accomplish the same goals with two TE's (or one TE and one H-back), than with a Fullback and TE.

Greyhands

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 27, 2014, 08:20:47 am
And then we see Bielema's depth chart come out with two TE's. With the wealth of talent at TE coming in (O'Grady and Cantrell, then possibly Gragg), I think Bielema is understanding you can put more talent on the field and accomplish the same goals with two TE's (or one TE and one H-back), than with a Fullback and TE.
You know I was watching some clips from old Wisconsin games when he was coaching there and alot of times they were running a one-back set with out a fullback.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Greyhands on August 27, 2014, 08:32:59 am
You know I was watching some clips from old Wisconsin games when he was coaching there and alot of times they were running a one-back set with out a fullback.

I think that is probably his preference. It gives you way more options out of the play action. Most fullbacks are more limited offensively than a good TE/H-back.

Wildhog

Serve me up some crow, KJ! 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

trashcan maN

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 09:06:32 am
Serve me up some crow, KJ!
+1 I'm glad you're still standing by your early predictions. I know there were many more than you that were saying no chance we get KJ. They won't own it though. :)

Wildhog

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 09:08:12 am
+1 I'm glad you're still standing by your early predictions. I know there were many more than you that were saying no chance we get KJ. They won't own it though. :)

I'll always own what I say on here.  Everything that we were hearing early sounded terrible for the hogs.  Apparently we've made up a lot of ground, and while it's not in the bag, you've got to feel a LOT better about him at the moment. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

trashcan maN

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 09:10:11 am

I'll always own what I say on here.  Everything that we were hearing early sounded terrible for the hogs.  Apparently we've made up a lot of ground, and while it's not in the bag, you've got to feel a LOT better about him at the moment.
What was the deal with that? I know Montez wasn't happy with something Arkansas was doing. Was he just pissed that KJ didn't get an offer at camp when he was hurt?

onebadrubi

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 09:13:50 am
What was the deal with that? I know Montez wasn't happy with something Arkansas was doing. Was he just pissed that KJ didn't get an offer at camp when he was hurt?

Not saying you are, but so many criticize the way we've been offering.  I actually like it.  Bielema does it in a much more personal way.  I can't remember which athlete/WR it was but we waited a month or so to offer on his Bday, and people were going crazy.

trashcan maN

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 27, 2014, 09:17:41 am
Not saying you are, but so many criticize the way we've been offering.  I actually like it.  Bielema does it in a much more personal way.  I can't remember which athlete/WR it was but we waited a month or so to offer on his Bday, and people were going crazy.
We waited on KJ because he couldn't work out at camp because he was hurt, and coach wanted to evaluate him. I heard that rubbed him and his family the wrong way.

Seems like we waited on offering Pettway as well.

LRHawg

Like I said it has been 2 weeks since we trained. lots of  info comes from trainers but some kids keep it close to the vest. He may have been sold on the hogs and we are both be right. Ill be glad to pass along info from time to time. If I get stuff from the horses mouth's ill pass it along. I wont put out speculation that starts rumors and puts me in a bad spot. My kids play and horse around with these guys twice a week. A lot of AAU kids train there as well. I may hear 1% of all recruited kids, I don't have info on lots of kids but few where we train are studs. I hope he is a hog, over the summer he was bama. I hope you guys are right. Ill come here for my crow if I ever mention something that is wrong. If I'm right a couple times then maybe you can take it for what its worth based on my history,

I agree on the post count and history. I'm not here to argue and shoot the BS with hog fans. I believe we are 1 year from where we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My stance is I dont think either Allen brother is the answer. That is not putting either of them down, I think our 2 new guys are just more talented. Next year coach will have Peavy with a year under the belt plus storey on campus. BB inherited the Allen's, they both are good but I feel we start a new qb next year and we will see drastic results. I'm where you guys are but just am on an1 year delay.

Don't worry about it man. If you had heard he'd been talking up the hogs, everyone would be patting you on the back. The info is appreciated, bad or good.

Wildhog

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 09:20:09 am
We waited on KJ because he couldn't work out at camp because he was hurt, and coach wanted to evaluate him. I heard that rubbed him and his family the wrong way.

Seems like we waited on offering Pettway as well.

He said that it felt like KJ was being totally ignored by the coaching staff.  Then AU offered right off the bat.  Then KJ visited the Fayetteville again, and Bielema STILL didn't offer. 

I think it was just that by the time KJ was offered, they had felt pretty neglected by the staff.  From the sound of things, though, they've made up for it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 09:27:58 am
He said that it felt like KJ was being totally ignored by the coaching staff.  Then AU offered right off the bat.  Then KJ visited the Fayetteville again, and Bielema STILL didn't offer. 

I think it was just that by the time KJ was offered, they had felt pretty neglected by the staff.  From the sound of things, though, they've made up for it.

their offering process is still somewhat odd. waiting on a stud like KJ then offering an undersized junior DE??

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Speedracer

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 26, 2014, 09:51:09 pm
Let's make the bet. He goes to Bama, I'll be gone.  He goes to the hogs, or anyone else, you say bye bye. I accept.

Way to go Pork! I witnessed this. Game on!
Like smites bother me.

Greyhands

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 27, 2014, 09:49:43 am
their offering process is still somewhat odd.
It does seem that way with skill players.

trashcan maN

Do they evaluate each prospect in person before offering, or do they offer off film?

PorkRinds

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 10:00:38 am
Do they evaluate each prospect in person before offering, or do they offer off film?

If it's an in state guy they are cautious, and rightfully so.  They don't want the bad press of pulling back an offer, or having a non-commitable offer to an in state guy.  They just don't want to sour those relationships before they know for a fact that they want them on the team.  Out of state guys are a bit different, but I still think they insist on having them visit campus before they commit.

Chief Mac

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 27, 2014, 10:05:18 am
If it's an in state guy they are cautious, and rightfully so.  They don't want the bad press of pulling back an offer, or having a non-commitable offer to an in state guy.  They just don't want to sour those relationships before they know for a fact that they want them on the team.  Out of state guys are a bit different, but I still think they insist on having them visit campus before they commit.

I think this is a very fair and reasonable approach to instate kids.  Better to stay in the good graces of the state's HS coaches than not
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

immahog

k.j calls the hogs friday and hogs win saturday !!!!!! wooo damn PIG
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

fakebobholt

I can only pass along what I hear and see. At least I gave where my info comes from. Word early in the summer on monk was he woukd go to a prep school his SR year and be a 1 and done somewhere. We travel with the coaches, have become friends with alot of the guys who train there. Its a very small 1 full court gym tucked away from LR. Its often crowded from all the athletes training there for specific drills or weaknesses in their games. Ill see thurs if there is any new news. I hope he changed his mind and is all hog. Coaches are a collection of past college guys who have all played overseas and do this tonmake extra money. They all have AAU teams they coach or work with. Thats all I know and I passed it along. The inner city keeps secrets very well, these guys inner circle know what they are going to do they just dont talk.

RyeHogFan

The timing certainly makes me think that he's a Hog. I'm not saying this just because he just got done with a visit to us, but because of what Coach B told KJ. He told him (paraphrasing), If you go ahead and commit, it'll cause a domino effect for us and completely change this class. He had different coaches in his ear telling him to "be Arkansas" and doing everything but begging on their knees for him to come be a Hog.  I just believe that KJ is heeding Bielema's words and committing earlier than he planned so he can have a big impact on other recruits.

fakebobholt

Quote from: redeye on August 27, 2014, 01:17:19 am
It's not hard for me to believe that kids don't want to play for Alabama.

as hard as it is for many to admit, if you have an NFL level talented kid that is making the best decision for his future he cant go wrong going to a football dynasty in the making. They are a football factory. Every year we sign top rated kids from other states, did they ruin their career after football by leaving home. if my 2 boys werr to get offered by KY and were considered 1 and done type talent, a parentnwould be a fool to talk them out of getting that type of job training. Life decisions cant be made through rose glasses.

And to the guy who said he trained somewhere and he didnt talk to the athletes and there was a overzelous dad there, they are everywhere. I coach my boys bball team so im very involved in their training.

trashcan maN

Fakebobholt, Frazier is the #4 NT for Bama. Thats similar to being the #4 QB, as there is only 1 NT on the field. If they recruit someone who jumps him, he may never see the field.

If that turns out to be the case, think he'll get drafted?

Bama isnt the best option for everyone.

fakebobholt

NFL talent isnt ever far down the depth chart. They find their way into starting roles

trashcan maN

Matt Cassell.

When people ahead of you are 2nd rnd talent and you are 5th rnd, you ride the pine. Id rather be a 5th rnd pick than an unevaluated, undrafted player.

Hard to get better when you get no run.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 27, 2014, 09:49:43 am
their offering process is still somewhat odd.

You have some insight to share?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 27, 2014, 01:14:47 pm

I forget you have an aneurysm every time someone slightly questions the coaching staff.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Quote from: collegestationhog on August 26, 2014, 08:33:32 pm
I hope that he does choose Arkansas, but in my opinion him not waiting until he has seen the team play a game cant be a good sign. I really hope I am wrong. Just because his parents were impressed doesn't mean he was impressed.
What it tells me is he has seen BA tearin it up in practice & he KNOWS AU is gettin their SSA handed to em saturday

Wildhog

Social Security Administration?
1909/1964/1965/1977

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 01:19:04 pm

Yes, they will not be around for you and I.

zane

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 01:19:04 pm

The refs hate Arkansas, espn hates Arkansas, and now the federal government hates Arkansas?

We are screwed.

Might as well not even show up Saturday
RIP LSUfan

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 27, 2014, 01:14:47 pm

waiting to offer an instate kid with tons of offers from top 10 programs, but taking a commitment and financial LOI from a tweener a year later

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 27, 2014, 02:16:23 pm
waiting to offer an instate kid with tons of offers from top 10 programs, but taking a commitment and financial LOI from a tweener a year later
Which in-state kid had tons of offers? Hill had 1 offer before we did.
http://247sports.com/Player/KJ-Hill-23756/TimelineEvents

redeye

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 27, 2014, 11:36:17 am

as hard as it is for many to admit, if you have an NFL level talented kid that is making the best decision for his future he cant go wrong going to a football dynasty in the making. They are a football factory. Every year we sign top rated kids from other states, did they ruin their career after football by leaving home. if my 2 boys werr to get offered by KY and were considered 1 and done type talent, a parentnwould be a fool to talk them out of getting that type of job training. Life decisions cant be made through rose glasses.

And to the guy who said he trained somewhere and he didnt talk to the athletes and there was a overzelous dad there, they are everywhere. I coach my boys bball team so im very involved in their training.

This has all been covered many times on hogville and I disagree with much of your view.  Can you name an Arkansas recruit that went elsewhere and was "one and done"?  I've been following Arkansas for nearly 40 years and I don't think I can think of a single one.

But I was actually just being factitious, because I don't think you wrote what you think you did.

PonderinHog

Quote from: redeye on August 27, 2014, 04:06:10 pm
This has all been covered many times on hogville and I disagree with much of your view.  Can you name an Arkansas recruit that went elsewhere and was "one and done"?  I've been following Arkansas for nearly 40 years and I don't think I can think of a single one.

But I was actually just being factitious, because I don't think you wrote what you think you did.
Archie Goodwin?

The Hogfather

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 12:09:44 pm
Fakebobholt, Frazier is the #4 NT for Bama. Thats similar to being the #4 QB, as there is only 1 NT on the field. If they recruit someone who jumps him, he may never see the field.

If that turns out to be the case, think he'll get drafted?

Bama isnt the best option for everyone.

This!!!!  Wish more could understand this.

redeye

trashcan maN

Who is the tweener you guys are talking about?

Edit: Im assuming youre talking about Dean. Dean came to camp and totally showed out. I believe he also showed out at Bamas camp.

Had KJ not been injured and showed out, he wouldve been offered

lefty08

youre joking right? a quick glance at your last 50 or so posts shows that is exactly what you are doing. you do nothing but stir the pot, and if you are a hog fan by some chance, you are the worst kind
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PonderinHog

incHOGnito

ricepig

fakebobholt

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2014, 04:39:42 pm

youre joking right? a quick glance at your last 50 or so posts shows that is exactly what you are doing. you do nothing but stir the pot, and if you are a hog fan by some chance, you are the worst kind

these arebthe kinds of post that rub people the wrong way. I have the same mindset many of you have I just think we are one year off. There is a group who soley base their predictions on hope. You hope every facet gets better, you hope the D is better, you hope BA starts to gondown his reads, you hope the backs can turn to see the ball, you hope we have improved on tackling. You have no evidence other than guessing and hoping. We supposedly had the greatest coaching staff ever assembled but replaced some of them. How do you know how their scheme fits in with the talent. Most of the posters that live on here have been flat out horrible at predicting the final seasons outcome. Why, because they arent using logic but rather hope. Just look at the people who keep saying we almost beat auburn last year, we lost by 18. Just because people are skeptical until we see it doesnt make us any less or more of a fan. Most people here dont even go to games but rather post in the game thread. You cant see what the rest of the field is doing by watching on tv. It takes time to build up talent and the jury is still out on BB system in the brutal west. Time will tell, im a fan regardless of the coach. I also played football and know the talet gap we suffer in most west games. I dont set myself up to be miserable bc my expectations are to high. If we get rolled up, this place will come uncorked.
I think we are a qb away from 6-7 wins next year. I dont think either allen is the answer. BB inherited them as new coaches do. The deck is stacked against us,if we win thats fantastic but if we lose way to many will be crushed because of hopes

lefty08

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 27, 2014, 06:56:41 pm

these arebthe kinds of post that rub people the wrong way. I have the same mindset many of you have I just think we are one year off. There is a group who soley base their predictions on hope. You hope every facet gets better, you hope the D is better, you hope BA starts to gondown his reads, you hope the backs can turn to see the ball, you hope we have improved on tackling. You have no evidence other than guessing and hoping. We supposedly had the greatest coaching staff ever assembled but replaced some of them. How do you know how their scheme fits in with the talent. Most of the posters that live on here have been flat out horrible at predicting the final seasons outcome. Why, because they arent using logic but rather hope. Just look at the people who keep saying we almost beat auburn last year, we lost by 18. Just because people are skeptical until we see it doesnt make us any less or more of a fan. Most people here dont even go to games but rather post in the game thread. You cant see what the rest of the field is doing by watching on tv. It takes time to build up talent and the jury is still out on BB system in the brutal west. Time will tell, im a fan regardless of the coach. I also played football and know the talet gap we suffer in most west games. I dont set myself up to be miserable bc my expectations are to high. If we get rolled up, this place will come uncorked.
I think we are a qb away from 6-7 wins next year. I dont think either allen is the answer. BB inherited them as new coaches do. The deck is stacked against us,if we win thats fantastic but if we lose way to many will be crushed because of hopes

complete garbage
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

COCHISE

Alabama and Ole Miss recruiting guys for 247 cast their predictions for the Hogs today.

Scott7703

Quote from: COCHISE on August 27, 2014, 09:00:17 pm
Alabama and Ole Miss recruiting guys for 247 cast their predictions for the Hogs today.

I'm honestly shocked the Bama guy flipped his pick. WPS

mhuff

Quote from: COCHISE on August 27, 2014, 09:00:17 pm

hawgsalot

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 26, 2014, 10:03:14 pm
If the predictions are for Arkansas, it ain't Arkansas.

Care to put a couple dimes on your BS?