Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill (tidbit)

Started by trashcan maN, August 26, 2014, 07:12:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 27, 2014, 06:56:41 pm

these arebthe kinds of post that rub people the wrong way. I have the same mindset many of you have I just think we are one year off. There is a group who soley base their predictions on hope. You hope every facet gets better, you hope the D is better, you hope BA starts to gondown his reads, you hope the backs can turn to see the ball, you hope we have improved on tackling. You have no evidence other than guessing and hoping. We supposedly had the greatest coaching staff ever assembled but replaced some of them. How do you know how their scheme fits in with the talent. Most of the posters that live on here have been flat out horrible at predicting the final seasons outcome. Why, because they arent using logic but rather hope. Just look at the people who keep saying we almost beat auburn last year, we lost by 18. Just because people are skeptical until we see it doesnt make us any less or more of a fan. Most people here dont even go to games but rather post in the game thread. You cant see what the rest of the field is doing by watching on tv. It takes time to build up talent and the jury is still out on BB system in the brutal west. Time will tell, im a fan regardless of the coach. I also played football and know the talet gap we suffer in most west games. I dont set myself up to be miserable bc my expectations are to high. If we get rolled up, this place will come uncorked.
I think we are a qb away from 6-7 wins next year. I dont think either allen is the answer. BB inherited them as new coaches do. The deck is stacked against us,if we win thats fantastic but if we lose way to many will be crushed because of hopes

fakebobholt, I don't think you're not a fan. I think it's completely rational not to get your hopes up and be logical and somewhat guarded with your optimism. Totally understandable.

However, what I do question is how much you truly understand about football and I wonder if you may be sequestering your optimism for the wrong reasons, namely your misunderstanding of the game and how a winning program is built.

But, I suppose we'll see how the season goes. I'm sure if the season goes well, you'll be cheering with everyone.

COCHISE

Quote from: Scott7703 on August 27, 2014, 09:33:32 pm
I'm honestly shocked the Bama guy flipped his pick. WPS
Two more Bama recruiting gurus (Watt & Powers) have picked the Hogs in just the past hour. Perhaps the Bama coaches have been contacted??

forrest city joe

Quote from: COCHISE on August 27, 2014, 10:52:44 pm
Two more Bama recruiting gurus (Watt & Powers) have picked the Hogs in just the past hour. Perhaps the Bama coaches have been contacted??
Something is going on. i sure hope those Bama guys are right.

redeye

Quote from: COCHISE on August 27, 2014, 10:52:44 pm

I was on a Bama site earlier and they were all picking Arkansas.  But while it sounds positive, I've been around recruiting long enough to know that it may mean nothing.

BigSexyHog

We're screwed.  This has DGB and Thomas written all of it.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

sickboy

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 27, 2014, 11:45:45 pm

Definitely crossed my mind. But... let that be a lesson. Look how DGB turned out... one recruit isn't the end of the world either way.

redeye

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 27, 2014, 11:45:45 pm

Where are all the people saying they know for certain that Hill will pick Arkansas?

Nah, we're not to that point, yet.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redeye on August 28, 2014, 02:20:38 am
Where are all the people saying they know for certain that Hill will pick Arkansas?

Nah, we're not to that point, yet.
I am KJ is all hog. Book it. Heard it tonight at the quads after some pep rally from a chick from little rock who 'kicks it' w/ KJ. He'll announce before the Auburn game. WPS!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

alwaysnextyear

If y'all can't figure out Hill is committing to Arkansas by now then you must be extremely new to the recruiting game.

MFG

Usually when Arkansas players have committed early before the season it has meant good news for us.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 01:15:31 pm
I forget you have an aneurysm every time someone slightly questions the coaching staff.
So that would be a no?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 27, 2014, 02:16:23 pm
waiting to offer an instate kid with tons of offers from top 10 programs, but taking a commitment and financial LOI from a tweener a year later
So we should offer because others have and not wait till we can do our own evaluations?  That sounds very HDNish, especially for instate kids.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

RedyorNot

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 28, 2014, 05:33:55 am
If y'all can't figure out Hill is committing to Arkansas by now then you must be extremely new to the recruiting game.

Recruiting in the last several years has changed fairly dramatically though. Not just the inception of Twitter, but also the amount of flips, coaching staff with bizarre titles, etc. I agree, the tea leaves read to KJ wanting to make an impact on the Hogs behalf, probably at the request of CBB as a stiff "middle finger" to Gus, but I'll wait till it happens before popping the cork.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 28, 2014, 07:45:10 am
So we should offer because others have and not wait till we can do our own evaluations?  That sounds very HDNish, especially for instate kids.

never mind, you are reading way too much into what I said.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: collegestationhog on August 26, 2014, 08:33:32 pm
I hope that he does choose Arkansas, but in my opinion him not waiting until he has seen the team play a game cant be a good sign. I really hope I am wrong. Just because his parents were impressed doesn't mean he was impressed.

True, BUT his parents were impressed because the coaches impressed KJ... j/s
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 28, 2014, 08:42:11 am
never mind, you are reading way too much into what I said.

He always does.  He's very sensitive.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

fakebobholt

Quote from: sickboy on August 27, 2014, 10:19:46 pm
fakebobholt, I don't think you're not a fan. I think it's completely rational not to get your hopes up and be logical and somewhat guarded with your optimism. Totally understandable.

However, what I do question is how much you truly understand about football and I wonder if you may be sequestering your optimism for the wrong reasons, namely your misunderstanding of the game and how a winning program is built.

But, I suppose we'll see how the season goes. I'm sure if the season goes well, you'll be cheering with everyone.

I understand well enough to have played qb, rb, mlb and kicked from pee wee through high school. Please enlighten me as to how a winning program is built. It starts and ends with elite players but since you obviously know more than me, please enlighten me.

Biggus Piggus

these arebthe kinds of post that rub people the wrong way. I have the same mindset many of you have I just think we are one year off. There is a group who soley base their predictions on hope. You hope every facet gets better, you hope the D is better, you hope BA starts to gondown his reads, you hope the backs can turn to see the ball, you hope we have improved on tackling. You have no evidence other than guessing and hoping. We supposedly had the greatest coaching staff ever assembled but replaced some of them. How do you know how their scheme fits in with the talent. Most of the posters that live on here have been flat out horrible at predicting the final seasons outcome. Why, because they arent using logic but rather hope. Just look at the people who keep saying we almost beat auburn last year, we lost by 18. Just because people are skeptical until we see it doesnt make us any less or more of a fan. Most people here dont even go to games but rather post in the game thread. You cant see what the rest of the field is doing by watching on tv. It takes time to build up talent and the jury is still out on BB system in the brutal west. Time will tell, im a fan regardless of the coach. I also played football and know the talet gap we suffer in most west games. I dont set myself up to be miserable bc my expectations are to high. If we get rolled up, this place will come uncorked.
I think we are a qb away from 6-7 wins next year. I dont think either allen is the answer. BB inherited them as new coaches do. The deck is stacked against us,if we win thats fantastic but if we lose way to many will be crushed because of hopes

You are committing the same logical error in that you disregard the possibility of improvement just because you claim there's no evidence of it. There's plenty of evidence of it. What nobody knows is the degree of improvement.

But you are not saying anything that is wholly unreasonable, as far as what you expect. Your degree of certainty might be a little higher than is warranted, but you're not a hater.
[CENSORED]!

Pork Twain

August 28, 2014, 11:42:01 am #118 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:40:50 pm by Pork Twain
Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2014, 08:43:27 am
He always does.  He's very sensitive.
My wife would tell you that's a lie.

I enjoy the role of antagonist much of the time and cannot help myself.  ;) 

Now a recent back surgery and several months of convalescent leave, have given me extra time to be on here.  Sorry...

BigSexyHog

Quote from: sickboy on August 28, 2014, 12:36:49 am
Definitely crossed my mind. But... let that be a lesson. Look how DGB turned out... one recruit isn't the end of the world either way.

Right,  I really was just getting to the point of everyone is getting excited and the last 2 times didn't go as planned.  But we lucked out with DGB :)
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PorkRinds

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 28, 2014, 11:55:18 am
Right,  I really was just getting to the point of everyone is getting excited and the last 2 times didn't go as planned.  But we lucked out with DGB :)

Last two times?  We've gotten a few big recruits since DGB.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 28, 2014, 11:57:17 am
Last two times?  We've gotten a few big recruits since DGB.

Agreed.  This feels more like the Collins, Froholdt, Wallace, Ragnow or Kirkland type situations.   :razorback:
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

hawgsmellgud

Did you watch the game? We had 3 turnovers inside the 20 in the first half. We still were in the midst of a comeback in the second half when auburn fumbled the ball with 3 hogs right there to grab it... just like everything else last year the ball bounced the wrong way for us, and the right way for auburn. So yes we almost beat auburn last year.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Nosboar Accubond

waiting to offer an instate kid with tons of offers from top 10 programs, but taking a commitment and financial LOI from a tweener a year later
so much fail it just messes you up

jjdlc

Per RD

@ArRecruitingGuy: RT @NLRfootball: tomorrow morning 10AM @ the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame KJ Hill will announce where he will play football next year.

#privatefunction

That is definitely a good sign.

Pork Twain

That sounds like great news

mbd1475

KJ, can't wait to hear you call those Hogs! 

Albert Swinestein

I don't believe you are accurate.  Can you name the "tons of offers from top 10 programs" that offered before the Razorbacks offered?

Dropkick

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 26, 2014, 09:23:22 pm
my sons train at the same facility where joe johnson, several hogs (portis is the most notable), the 7 ft brothers, archie, several top qb's and hill part time. I have info on several of the athletes we are on but im not getting on here tooting my own horn. If I am a troll, care to make a loser leaves bet. I know for a fact they wanted to play together. Hill has been sold on bama for awhile. Why its hard for adults to understand why kids wouldnt want to go there is beyond me. The whole kids wont get good jobs if they leave is crazy, call in material. I dont care if anyone believes mr but i would bet porkrinds that if im right he leaves, if hes right I will. We havent been to practice in the last 2 weeks because the starting of school but that was the story 2 weeks ago. We train again thurs so ill see if anything has changed.
so, he gone?

PorkRinds

The_Iceman

Dropkick

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 29, 2014, 02:30:27 pm
Nah, now he's fakebobshields
He's watching, just not commenting.................which is nice.

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on August 29, 2014, 02:32:52 pm
He's watching, just not commenting.................which is nice.

He waiting at the gym.......

Dropkick

Earl

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: LRHawg on August 27, 2014, 09:24:56 am
Don't worry about it man. If you had heard he'd been talking up the hogs, everyone would be patting you on the back. The info is appreciated, bad or good.
Do you also appreciate completely fabricated info? He knew nothing and still knows nothing.

Athog

Quote from: sickboy on August 26, 2014, 09:32:44 pm
Dude... unless you're the kid's best friend or family... don't bet on what an 18 year old kid is thinking. Especially because your sons train at the same gym with him...

I'm not saying he's going to be a Hog or he's going to be a Crimson Tide (that sounds weird)... but I'm just telling you, as someone who's been following recruiting for years... don't go placing "life-time ban" bets based on recruiting... it's illogical.

Then why did you???