Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signature Bank Offering 1000 Bucks

Started by trashcan maN, August 26, 2014, 09:06:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

August 26, 2014, 09:06:57 am Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:08:56 pm by trashcan maN
For info leading to the arrest of the arsonist. Reportedly encouraging other businesses to chip in. It's only a matter of time until some college kid spills the beans. Money talks.

Contact Signature Bank directly to donate. They have raised over $1500 so far in donations.

trashcan maN

August 26, 2014, 12:04:46 pm #1 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:08:16 pm by trashcan maN
NM

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 26, 2014, 12:04:46 pm
If youd like to donate to the reward, call the Fayetteville PD at 479-587-3555. When the money gets big enough, someone will yap.

I'll start throwing out uneducated guesses for $1000.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hogz17

You must be joking.  There are crimes everyday, and Signature bank offers a reward simply because it is a football player.  That is disgusting.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogz17 on August 26, 2014, 12:28:03 pm
You must be joking.  There are crimes everyday, and Signature bank offers a reward simply because it is a football player.  That is disgusting.

Disgusting? Really?

bp

1highhog

They may hold the note and said vehicle as well, maybe both.  Who the heck knows, quit being such a whiner, if u would take a look at that picture again, that fire got so hot it easily could have set the building on fire as well.  How about if people had been killed because of this "simple crime"?  Not so simple anymore is it when you look at it that way, a vehicle could easily explode in these situations, then the building surely would have caught fire, this, or these people that started this fire need to be hauled off to jail in short order, I believe our justice system sucks of course, so even if they're caught they actually get rewarded by being housed, warm bed to sleep on, don't have to work, we feed them, they get a great deal.  No wonder so many want to go to America's prison system, 5 star treatment for many of them compared to what they're used to.

hogz17

Yes it is disgusting.  I don't see local businesses offering money for information for the hundreds of other crimes that occur around here.  I think its fascinating and rather silly the way people hang on every move made by the U of A and its athletes.  Such a group of followers.

trashcan maN

Or maybe theyre tired of an arsonist endangering the community.

Theyre a private business, l and its their perogative to donate to whatever the hell they want. Your stance against this is disgusting. This is America. People can do as they wish with their money

three hog night

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 26, 2014, 09:06:57 am
For info leading to the arrest of the arsonist. Reportedly encouraging other businesses to chip in. It's only a matter of time until some college kid spills the beans. Money talks.

This is fantastic.   I love Signature Bank now
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogz17 on August 26, 2014, 12:41:03 pm
Yes it is disgusting.  I don't see local businesses offering money for information for the hundreds of other crimes that occur around here.  I think its fascinating and rather silly the way people hang on every move made by the U of A and its athletes.  Such a group of followers.

Wow....um, ok.

Let me ask you this.....do you realize where you are currently posting? You know, Hogville?

I mean, it IS a place for Razorback fans to hang on every move made by the U of A and it's athletes. They are what we are fans of.

But, carry on with your little bitch and moan session.

bp

hogz17

I thought about the note, but do you really think Bobby Allen had to finance a 2011 truck?    Also, I am sure the insurance on the vehicle covers this situation.  I am not trying to minimize the crime.  I just find it sickening because the victim is the starting quarterback.  Where is all the love when normal folks have their property stolen or damaged? 

trashcan maN

Not everyones worth is equal, and life isnt fair. Your mom didnt teach you that?

If you want to donate for the little guy every time there is a crime, you can.

baitshop

You are starting to sound like the noose may be tightening on you....do you have something that you would like to confess "sparky"...??
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

moses_007

Glad to see a reward being offered.  Might make the police investigators' job a lot easier.

The Boar War

Quote from: hogz17 on August 26, 2014, 12:44:05 pm
I thought about the note, but do you really think Bobby Allen had to finance a 2011 truck?    Also, I am sure the insurance on the vehicle covers this situation.  I am not trying to minimize the crime.  I just find it sickening because the victim is the starting quarterback.  Where is all the love when normal folks have their property stolen or damaged? 

You think this is the first time money has been offered for information leading to an arrest?  This is a fairly common practice.  They weren't all for crimes perpetrated on Arkansas athletes.

trashcan maN

Also, when there is a serial felon on the loose, communities tend to come together to stop it. This isnt a string of petty thefts.

three hog night

This is a great thing for Signature Bank to do in spite of whiner on this thread.  Scum bags need to know that they will pay if they attack one of us.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

wholehog92

Right.[sarcasm on]  You never see benefits for "normal people."[sarcasm off]

Life isn't fair.

People love football and the Razorbacks around here.  When one of them isn't treated very well, we do what we can to show our support.  If people who are more generally recognized and loved get more support than what you are calling normal people, refer back to life isn't fair.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

greenie

This is Hogville.  We are fans of the UofA athletic program.

Anyone can chip in to a reward that they consider worthy.  It doesn't mean others aren't worthy.  Your argument is like getting mad at someone donating to the Red Cross and not also donating to the March of Dimes. 

BorderPatrol

Just browsing your post history, and now it all makes sense....

But let me ask you one question....maybe you should have stuck with the below post back in 2012...

Quote from: hogz17 on September 20, 2012, 12:45:58 pm
This will be my final post and my final time to view this board.  This board has re-affirmed my view that the the Arkansas fan base as a whole is one of the most delusional and uninformed group of people anywhere in modern society.  The program is in the tank and it is not coming out for a while.  You can forget Jon Gruden, Pete Carroll, or anyone of the sort.  All those clamoring for Charlie Strong may well get their wish, but I urge them to be mindful of the phrase "be careful what you wish for".  His record as a head coach the previous two years was 12-10.  I can hear it now from Billy Fred from Magnolia "We need a defensive minded coach.  That dern Petrino only cared about offense.  The only way to beat Alabama is with Defense".  You see what Billy Fred and the vast majority of you in his camp fail to realize is that Arkansas will never recruit the type of defensive players needed (talented, elite, etc) to be like Alabama.  If it were simply that easy do you honestly not think every school in Division 1 football would take Bama's approach.  Let me share a little secret for some of you that don't understand.  The type of players needed for Bama's system are few and far between and they generally don't come for ARKANSAS.  Arkansas will never be able to recruit those type of players. 

This program lost the only real chance it had at success when Jeff Long terminated Bobby Petrino.  We will never have a coach of his caliber ever again.  I think some people need to get used to that concept. 

You people on here and the other clowns that call the radio shows have driven me right off the cliff.  I will now sit back and watch this program slowly implode while the aforementioned crew of people either refuse to believe it or simply lack the capacity to grasp it. 

Good luck Hog Fans.     

Don't guess you were as close to that cliff as you claimed, huh?

bp

LZH

It's private money, man, they can do what they want to with it.  I'm not saying that other crimes are less important, but with all the bad PR that this is reeling in, their $1000 is probably as much of a counter to that as anything else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Hmmmmmmm.  The plot thickens.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Boar War on August 26, 2014, 12:47:54 pm
You think this is the first time money has been offered for information leading to an arrest?  This is a fairly common practice.  They weren't all for crimes perpetrated on Arkansas athletes.

Correct. The Police have been offering rewards to those who give information that help solve crimes for years.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

three hog night

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 26, 2014, 12:51:34 pm
Just browsing your post history, and now it all makes sense....

But let me ask you one question....maybe you should have stuck with the below post back in 2012...

Don't guess you were as close to that cliff as you claimed, huh?

bp

Nice Hustle.   Wow that poster needs to follow through with the Cliff

BorderPatrol

Quote from: GuvHog on August 26, 2014, 12:53:28 pm
Correct. The Police have been offering rewards to those who give information that help solve crimes for years.

Captain Obvious!

(I kid, Guv, really....good point.)

bp

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: LZH on August 26, 2014, 12:51:45 pm
It's private money, man, they can do what they want to with it.  I'm not saying that other crimes are less important, but with all the bad PR that this is reeling in, their $1000 is probably as much of a counter to that as anything else.

It's good PR for the bank, for sure.

(I have no problem with them doing this.)

Another thought:  We, the fans, should start a fundraiser or something.  If we all donated a few bucks, it'd add up and show recruits that we've got the team's back no matter what.

greenie

Quote from: The Chief on August 26, 2014, 12:53:17 pm
Hmmmmmmm.  The plot thickens.

HaHa!!!  That's awesome, Chief!

If nothing else, this is a great business move by Signature Bank.  Probably the best $1000 of marketing they ever....wait....they likely will never have to spend it.  Genius!

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 26, 2014, 12:56:30 pm
Speaking of fires and rewards, did they ever catch the guy who torched the FIJI house a few years ago?

Saw where you are getting a "real" job, good luck, and no idea on the house.

Hogfaniam

I understand what you are saying, but it will never occur in the real world,

although

Crime stoppers offers rewards for tips that lead to arrests.  They are funded by private donations, not involuntary tax payer contributions.  The higher dollar the crime, the higher the reward.  This was property damage in excess of 50,000 if both events end up tied together.  A $1000 dollar reward is not a lot for this, but it will grow given the high profile person involved.

Welcome to the real world.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

1highhog

You must have not that about it very much.  My a Dad had to cosign for me on my first truck, as little as it was, at the time he could have bought it outright.  Now we are talking about a whole different timeline here, when you could buy a brand new top of the line truck for under $6,000.  It was a 1975 Chevy loaded out with a 454, one bad yep!  But my Dad made sure I paid that truck off, I even doubled up on payments, after wearing through some back tires pretty fast, I saw the wisdom in since I was having to buy them, I better try to save them, no more burn outs for me.  Same can be said for BA's Dad.  Just because he consigned for the truck and could have bought it for his son, how do you know if he did or didn't?  Dad's can teach their kids the value of something really easy by making them make payments themselves, so give the kid some slack, you don't know the situation.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Bottom line, its a brilliant move by Signature. They are a business in a very competitive market in NWA and this gets their name out there more, and if you don't think its a positive, name how many other banks you have seen get a thread on Hogville.

Wildhog

Life isn't fair.  Quit being a freaking baby and get over it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Get off a Razorback board then.

GolfnHog

Dam man, 2 other folks lost their vehicles as well along w/ the potential destruction of apartments! Yet, you are so dammed narrow minded you only see your mycopic view. You are full of sunshine!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hogustus Caesar

Quote from: three hog night on August 26, 2014, 12:43:24 pm
This is fantastic.   I love Signature Bank now

Classy move by the bank. Great PR too!
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

razortaz

If you have been outside away from playing WoW u would know it was more than just BA it has happens several times so this person needs to be stopped

hobhog

Hmmm. So where were YOU early Sunday morning....?

GuvHog

Quote from: razortaz on August 26, 2014, 01:23:49 pm
If you have been outside away from playing WoW u would know it was more than just BA it has happens several times so this person needs to be stopped

If that were true, it wouldn't have mattered to the Arsonist which vehicle they burned. This was pointed specifically at BA, no doubt about it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogtimes

Oh man...... you are going to get a lot of smites....

GolfnHog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 26, 2014, 01:34:33 pm
If that were true, it wouldn't have mattered to the Arsonist which vehicle they burned. This was pointed specifically at BA, no doubt about it.

I'd be willing to bet you a drink this will not be the case if a suspect is arrested.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on August 26, 2014, 12:58:05 pm
It's good PR for the bank, for sure.

(I have no problem with them doing this.)

Another thought:  We, the fans, should start a fundraiser or something.  If we all donated a few bucks, it'd add up and show recruits that we've got the team's back no matter what.

This +1000 if I could.    Don't need to lose recruits/current players as a result of this incident.  We need closure for BA and our football program.   

thirrdegreetusker

I bet they find the culprit soon, if that culprit is under 30. Kids today cannot keep a secret. Everything goes on facebook or youtube. Generally speaking, the school resource officer has a name the following school day, no later than lunch time.

intelligence

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on August 26, 2014, 01:47:49 pm
I bet they find the culprit soon, if that culprit is under 30. Kids today cannot keep a secret. Everything goes on facebook or youtube. Generally speaking, the school resource officer has a name the following school day, no later than lunch time.

Conspiracy Theories on the perp:

1.Rabid Auburn Fan
2.Rabid Arkansas Fan
3.Crazy Ex Girlfriend
4.Drug Dealer(c'mon its college)
5.Random Miscreant
6.Brandon Mitchell(I'd be mad if i got replaced by a coaches son for no good reason)
7.Me the day it happened i started to say something negative about the situation of how Allen was chosen as the starter over brandon mitchell, who i felt had 10x the ability, but i recanted for fear of being reprimanded by the mods.

PigTales

Quote from: three hog night on August 26, 2014, 12:54:24 pm
Nice Hustle.   Wow that poster needs to follow through with the Cliff

On Your Mark..... GET Set...... GO

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fanofthegame

Quote from: intelligence on August 26, 2014, 01:52:39 pm
Conspiracy Theories on the perp:

1.Rabid Auburn Fan
2.Rabid Arkansas Fan
3.Crazy Ex Girlfriend
4.Drug Dealer(c'mon its college)
5.Random Miscreant
6.Brandon Mitchell(I'd be mad if i got replaced by a coaches son for no good reason)
7.Me the day it happened i started to say something negative about the situation of how Allen was chosen as the starter over brandon mitchell, who i felt had 10x the ability, but i recanted for fear of being reprimanded by the mods.

8. someone stole the playbook out of his truck, burned the truck to cover the evidence and burned other vehicles so hopefully they wouldn't notice the missing playbook or they would think it was burnt completely.
"He may not be in a class by himself, but it don't take long to call roll"

intelligence

Quote from: 1highhog on August 26, 2014, 12:38:30 pm
Who the heck knows, quit being such a whiner, if u would take a look at that picture again, that fire got so hot it easily could have set the building on fire as well.  How about if people had been killed because of this "simple crime"?  Not so simple anymore is it when you look at it that way

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Fanofthegame on August 26, 2014, 04:10:00 pm
8. someone stole the playbook out of his truck, burned the truck to cover the evidence and burned other vehicles so hopefully they wouldn't notice the missing playbook or they would think it was burnt completely.

9. BA was shaving points last season. Didn't want to do it this year so the mob had to send a message.

HVHog

Maybe you are the one they're looking for...Hmmm

secfan30

What are you doing to help solve or stop any crime?