Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Perpetuating the Idea

Started by The Hogfather, August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
-Robert J Hanlon

Mike Irwin

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 08:31:28 am
I can't tell if you are being serious.  If so, we might've found the 1 guy who would be ignorant enough to burn a QB's truck out because he didn't complete 60% of his passes last season.
So you don't want anyone speculating on who torched BA's truck but you don't have any problem doing it yourself?

texas tush hog

One thing for sure, this has revealed a lot of class on the part of Brandon. Listening to Bielema's press conference about this incident revealed a lot of his character on the way he handled this tragedy.

three hog night

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 26, 2014, 08:33:33 am
We get it, you think some Auburn fan cared enough about this game and was worried enough about this game that they decided to burn the QB's car.  I mean it's so logical right?

So it is more logical that it is crime of passion?   How many girls do you know that can make a Molotov cocktail?   If it was a boyfriend of a girl that loves BA, then it goes to reason he might vandalize or attack BA...but use a Molotov Cocktail?

Coincidentally, some of our fans burned part of an Auburn Van a few years ago that created a major stir on the plains.  It is intriguing how this vandalism involved burning a vehicle....on game week against AUBURN.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 26, 2014, 09:12:16 am
So you don't want anyone speculating on who torched BA's truck but you don't have any problem doing it yourself?

Mike, whoever did this is a criminal, and anybody who finds it humorous is not much better and deserves some bad things from the almighty and will probably receive their own share of misfortune in return. You reap what you sew, more than you sew, later than you sew. I learned a long time ago when I wished bad fortune on others, I received it first. Especially on an innocent classy kid like Brandon and his classy family.

The Hogfather

I don't want people speculating that this was the work of some upset Arkansas fan because Allen had too many interceptions last year.  That is pure ignorance.  I'm unsure of how you came to the conclusion that I'm against all speculation.  I'm just tired of hearing completely ignorant speculation that perpetuates the idea that an Arkansas fan is crazy enough to do something this ridiculous, simply because Allen didn't play very well last season.

Deep Shoat

I'll just bring this over from the other thread...

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 26, 2014, 09:19:02 am
You guys kill me.  A couple of ex-players tell you, "we think it might have been a "fan", and you blow it off.

We have some of the most bat crazy "fans" in the universe.  It has become the norm for Hog "fans" to do anything, say anything because "we want a winner".

Some of the evil Shiite I've seen posted on this board is barely short of assault, but you think a Hog "fan" is incapable of burning the QBs truck because he wants Rafe to start?

Pull your head out of the sand and look at the culture of hate and bitterness fomenting on this (and every other) message board.

You are straight up ostrich if you think a "fan" couldn't do this.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Billy Bayou

Why would an Auburn fan be so concerned about a 21 point underdog?

Hard to imagine even an Auburn fan committing a felony against a player that played like Brandon played last year.  Blaming an Auburn fan might be easy but why would Auburn even want BA disturbed?

PorkRinds

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 26, 2014, 08:31:07 am
I think someone was trying to cash in on an insurance policy and burned the wrong car.

Allen's was the second one burned.  So.....no.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 26, 2014, 09:28:48 am
Allen's was the second one burned.  So.....no.
How big of a dumbass would you have to be to forget where you parked and burn another person's car first?  Obviously a Hogville poster
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Mike Irwin

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 09:25:10 am
I don't want people speculating that this was the work of some upset Arkansas fan because Allen had too many interceptions last year.  That is pure ignorance.  I'm unsure of how you came to the conclusion that I'm against all speculation.  I'm just tired of hearing completely ignorant speculation that perpetuates the idea that an Arkansas fan is crazy enough to do something this ridiculous, simply because Allen didn't play very well last season.
Twice in this thread you've ridiculed people who disagreed with you by suggesting that they might be the the true arsonist.

This from a person who is complaining about speculation as to who did it and why it was done.

Maybe you need to take your own advice.

The Boar War

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 26, 2014, 08:31:07 am
I think someone was trying to cash in on an insurance policy and burned the wrong car.

Could be but I imagine there would be easier ways to get insurance money.  The presence of accelerants tends to slow the insurance money.  Then again no one accused these people of being smart.

onebadrubi

It appears we just have some real idiots in Fayetteville these days.  A certain player was shot at last night with a BB gun as well.  Mind you, it's a BB gun, but was in a drive by situation, and not any humor to be had by that.  Hopefully it was on campus and video was gotten.

LZH

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 26, 2014, 09:38:38 amA certain player was shot at last night with a BB gun as well.

What?

HF#1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 26, 2014, 09:35:02 am
Twice in this thread you've ridiculed people who disagreed with you by suggesting that they might be the the true arsonist.

This from a person who is complaining about speculation as to who did it and why it was done.

Maybe you need to take your own advice.

He'd bitch if you hung him with a new rope.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jlhogfan

So much for trying not to "perpetuate" the idea. 

jimmiewkersh

The most logical explanation is to look at the facts of the arson.  There were two target vehicles, both were Avalanches.  Given the proximity of the two vehicles to each other, less than a mile, does lend credence to the thought that it was a prank or dare to burn that particular model.  The Prius just happens to be a victim of the original fire.

The arsonists just happened to accidentally hit upon a celebrity's Avalanche and will bring it to the forefront of investigations for authorities because of it being BA's.

RazorBassin

Quote from: LRHawg on August 26, 2014, 08:59:06 am
finally found a nugget of truth in this thread.
few things:

The odds of it being a random act that wasn't targeting Brandon Allen are astronomical.

The odds of it being an Auburn fan are also Astronomical. They are 21 point favorites. This is the first game of the year.

The odds of it being a Razorback fan are also Astronomical. No matter how upset you could be with Allen for the games last season, why act now? I realize you can't rationalize crazy, but crazy would have acted by now if they were upset with him.

before I make up my mind on this, I would like to hear more about the exact times the two arson events went down.

I think it's funny word is Brandon said he doesn't know who it is. Of course he doesn't. Otherwise they'd be in Washington County Jail right now. lol

I believe in some of the early reports it was said the vehicles were burned at around 1 and 4 am, on a Monday morning, right?  I highly doubt this was done by a person who buys tickets and goes to the games.  Sounds like a kid/person with no job/life to me.  They definitely did not have to be at work on Monday morning.  It will be interesting to see if there are any traffic light/gas station videos putting the same vehicle close to both locations.  Surely somewhere there is some video of it.  There are just too few cars on the road at 1 am to 4 am.

lasthog

Good golly. Who poisoned Auburn ' s tree?  Answer: Alamabama fan.Did Reggie Fish's car get burned? 

There have been numerous goats on many teams including Arkansas.

The idea that a fan has been seething because of someone's lackluster play LAST YEAR, enough to perpetrate this violence,  is far-fetched to the point of being unreasonable.  Very little is impossible,  but just a remote, unreasonable, illogical, premise does not deserve serious consideration.

earshot

10 years ago when I lived north of Maple, A warehouse was set ablaze off of North St. I happened to be coming home late and watched the fire dept battle it. Went back to my apartment and an hour later an abandoned house next door was fully engulfed. Come to find out some arsonist was walking from north to south randomly setting structures on fire.

onebadrubi

Quote from: LZH on August 26, 2014, 09:40:57 am
What?

It was mentioned last night a few places other than Hogville, image captioned from the players twitter.  He was walking with his GF.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 26, 2014, 09:07:00 am

Possible, but whoever did this had to have made a mistake somewhere along the way, and that mistake will lead to their prosecution and will result in hard time. This is more than a college prank, it is a serious crime, at the very least arson, and at the worst, attempted murder because of the scorching of the apartment. Once all the parties involved realize the seriousness of this crime, somebody will panic and they will begin to turn on each other. If some of them were just along for the ride, they will be guilty of being an accessory after the fact. By coming forward and turning the others in, they could possibly spare themselves some hard time in the Arkansas penal system becoming intimate with Bubba.

I hope this is the case.

Whatever the sick reason behind all this--personal toward BA, random, football-related (which may be the most disturbing, i.e. "just got too much 'bama in me" philosophy--this is SO EXTREME. It's not slashing tires, breaking windows, shoe-polishing obscenities. It's setting a large automobile on fire. Good God.

Bebop

Assuming that it was a targeted arson (which I think it is), here are my two cents:

1) A horrible dare.

2) Anti-Bielema. They will do anything to mess things up, including mess with mind of the starting QB.

3) Crazed ex-girlfriend/ current boyfriend of the ex-girlfriend.

4) Gus supporter, not necessarily Auburn supporter.

Here's why I think #4 is more likely:

1. The timing of the event (game-week).
2. The time of the event (it may be someone that doesn't have a lot of accountability).
3. The percentages of men verses women who commit arson.
4. Messing up the location of the vehicle (ex-girlfriend/crazy new boyfriend of ex-girlfriend would probably know the location).
5. The intent of the crime (seems to be a personal message to get in the mind of the individual).

A 18-20 year old (or young adult) would fit this description. It could possible be someone who graduated from Shiloh/Springdale, someone who is currently attending Shiloh/Springdale, or anyone that likes Gus more than the Hogs.

That's my theory and I'm probably wrong. I hope that it is not some deranged Hog fan.

WilsonHog

August 26, 2014, 10:20:17 am #74 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:39:09 am by WilsonHog
I always find hilarious the claim that, "I'm entitled to my opinion!!"

"Entitled?"

Yes, to say the words, maybe, but to actually have that opinion taken seriously? Well, that sort of depends on the quality of the opinion.

To put it in the context of football, in my opinion Michigan State is going to have a great defense this year.

Of course, I haven't studied their two-deep, know nothing about what they have returning, haven't studied the offenses they'll be facing every week.

So, do I have an "opinion" that I can state?

Yeah, one that ain't worth a damn.

hogsanity

Logic says it was either an act of personal revenge, or a huge mistake.  However, don't forget, his truck was egged last year after a loss, so it is not unreasonable to at least think it COULD have been a "fan" going too far. 

Until the person who did it is caught, it is ALL speculation.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 09:25:10 am

If you are really concerned about Hog fans looking insane, get them to quit arguing about uniforms, pining away for former coaches, etc. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SemperHawg

Quote from: hawgon on August 26, 2014, 08:14:52 am
I don't believe a fan did it.  If Hog fans were the type to burn cars, Casey Dick would still be riding a moped.
This....There would have been enough Auto fires and insurance claims during the Nutt years to warrant opening a car dealership just to support it.

staffhog

The more I read these posts and the more I think about it, the more I think it is possible that it could even be a gruntled fan.

acey33

Quote from: online-with-swine on August 26, 2014, 07:57:00 am
This wasn't about Brandon Allen the quarterback.  If he was targeted, this was personal.  This is someone who doesn't like Brandon Allen the person.

Saying it was a disgruntled fan is BS and only hurts the team.

This

sooiepig_12

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am
That an upset Arkansas fan burned Allen's truck because he/she was upset with his play on the field.  So far this morning on the radio, I've heard about 6 people say something like, "he didn't play very well last year, but we don't need a Harvey Updyke in our fanbase".

STOP IT!
So you don't think this is what happened or you don't want people to think this is what happened because of bad PR?

Carl Lazlo

ISIS.  They stand against all things that rep unclean meat.

The NewEra

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am
That an upset Arkansas fan burned Allen's truck because he/she was upset with his play on the field.  So far this morning on the radio, I've heard about 6 people say something like, "he didn't play very well last year, but we don't need a Harvey Updyke in our fanbase".

STOP IT!

I know it, this is definitely frustrating.  Do you remember several years ago when there was a bomb go off at the Olympics in Atlanta.  The media tried and convicted a security guard only to find out after all the damage was done that he wasn't remotely involved, except as a quick responder that did good.  The guy ultimately killed himself I believe.  It's sad how society won't cool their heels and let all of the facts come to the surface before they burn someone at the stake.

razorbackfaninar

I think the troubling thing that is being overlooked is that a lot of the players seem more than ready to believe it was a disgruntled fan. What does this say about their perception of the fan base that they are playing for?

hog911

Quote from: JIHawg on August 26, 2014, 07:24:10 am
A more believable scenario is that it was an Auburn fan disrupting our game week preparations, or a friend of Gus who has put love for Gus above the program.
Nonsense!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 10:21:24 am
Logic says it was either an act of personal revenge, or a huge mistake.  However, don't forget, his truck was egged last year after a loss, so it is not unreasonable to at least think it COULD have been a "fan" going too far. 

Until the person who did it is caught, it is ALL speculation.

If a Razorback "fan" went too far BEFORE the season opener...then I have no words.  Was this theoretical "fan" upset at a practice report?

I would hope that it was a Gus/Auburn supporter.  At least they would have a reason to do the deed.  A Razorback fan wouldn't have cause to burn his truck BEFORE the season started (or after, burning a truck is freaking insane).
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

popcornhog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2014, 07:23:02 am
Regardless of who did it or why, I can guarantee it wasnt a Razorback fan

You can? Isn't that the whole point -- we DON'T know.
WPS

SemperFi

Quote from: online-with-swine on August 26, 2014, 07:57:00 am
This wasn't about Brandon Allen the quarterback.  If he was targeted, this was personal.  This is someone who doesn't like Brandon Allen the person.

Saying it was a disgruntled fan is BS and only hurts the team.

My thoughts exactly. This has nothing to do with him being the QB for the Arkansas Razorbacks, but instead has everything to do with a very distrubed criminal mind out there. There are a lot of very bad things that happen in our world and we're all losing our minds over a truck, when we should all be very grateful it was only the truck and not Brandon Allen himself. Any recruit that is reconsidering his commitment because of this was never solid to begin with.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Pigstie

Is there much gang activity around that area? Maybe some stupid gang initiation?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Pigstie

Quote from: SemperFi on August 26, 2014, 10:42:16 am
My thoughts exactly. This has nothing to do with him being the QB for the Arkansas Razorbacks, but instead has everything to do with a very distrubed criminal mind out there. There are a lot of very bad things that happen in our world and we're all losing our minds over a truck, when we should all be very grateful it was only the truck and not Brandon Allen himself. Any recruit that is reconsidering his commitment because of this was never solid to begin with.
If it was someone who knew him personally, wouldn't they have know where his truck was the first time?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

LZH

Quote from: The NewEra on August 26, 2014, 10:34:32 amThe guy ultimately killed himself I believe.

Natural causes.  He had diabetes.

popcornhog

Quote from: Pigstie on August 26, 2014, 10:42:47 am
Is there much gang activity around that area? Maybe some stupid gang initiation?

The gangs in Fayetteville basically run things. Dangerous town.
WPS

RT1941

Quote from: Pigstie on August 26, 2014, 10:44:03 am
If it was someone who knew him personally, wouldn't they have know where his truck was the first time?
That's why I think it may have been some random act.  If someone knew BA personally and wanted to terrorize him to the point of destroying his property, then they'd damn sure know where he lives.

So many questions. 

How competent is law enforcement in that area?  They don't need to "Barney Fife" this up.
RazorTusk!!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: popcornhog on August 26, 2014, 10:47:19 am
The gangs in Fayetteville basically run things. Dangerous town.
This gave me a good chuckle.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

The point is that the assumption that it is due to Brandon Allen's poor qb play last year is a far reach that makes us look bad...again.

"Disgruntled Arkansas fans torch Brandon Allen's vehicle" running across the ticker of ESPN is for sure juicy enough for them to report on IMO. If it's true so be it I guess...but at this point that's a highly immature assumption. I'm just not buying it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pickwick Hog

IMO Allen was targeted by someone he knows, not a "random" Hog fan. It has to be personal for someone to torch a second Avalanche after learning they got the wrong one.

Most people realize when there is bad blood and someone has an axe to grind. If Brandon has some folks in mind the cops have some suspects.   
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

popcornhog

Yeah, incredibly bizarre thread.
WPS

Hogtimes

August 26, 2014, 11:03:42 am #97 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:26:26 am by Hogtimes
Quote from: pigsooietim on August 26, 2014, 07:24:07 am
I don't understand ? How do we go about stopping people from expressing their opinions on the radio ? I don't think its possible. ???? I think some people need thicker skin. I love my Hogs but its only a game. No need to go all gestapo on everyone with a different opinion.

Yep ....there is nothng we can do about it anyway...

widespreadsooie

I think BA didn't want to point shave this season and the mob had something to say about it.

Pork Twain

Quote from: staffhog on August 26, 2014, 10:28:38 am
The more I read these posts and the more I think about it, the more I think it is possible that it could even be a gruntled fan.
I find gruntled fans to be the most terrifying.  I remember the character from Beowulf.