Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Perpetuating the Idea

Started by The Hogfather, August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: popcornhog on August 26, 2014, 02:06:11 pm
The notion that any of us have any idea what happened is a dumb one.
Best post in this thread
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 03:10:46 pm
Again, for about the 12th time in this thread by various people, speculation that it MIGHT be a fan is NOT going to make the fan base look crazy.  IT is being specualted that it was:

Honestly, from someone that has lived outside the state since 1994, our fanbase does not need any more help looking like a bunch of crazy jackwagons
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 03:19:43 pm
Yes, because Tim is either:

1. A plant

2. in a mental ward

3. unable to go anywhere unless his mom drives him

I'll take #3
This is my non-signature signature.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 03:10:46 pm
Again, for about the 12th time in this thread by various people, speculation that it MIGHT be a fan is NOT going to make the fan base look crazy.  IT is being specualted that it was:

A fan

A jilted female

A jealous male

a drunk

A revenge burning that hit the wrong vehicle

A random act of stupidity

A Auburn fan

A Gus fan

and probably a dozen more theories.

Don't forget about spontaneous human combustion.  Or at least spontaneous Chevrolet combustion.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DLUXHOG

It's an HDN groupie....  I'm serious....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SpaCityHawg

I thought it was the hosts of the morning rush, because CBB didn't release the depth chart soon enough for them.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on August 26, 2014, 04:46:25 pm
I thought it was the hosts of the morning rush, because CBB didn't release the depth chart soon enough for them.

No it was an idiot Razorback fan(s) that burned the wrong truck and realized he burned the wrong one and went back to finish the job on BA's truck. I believe he was certainly targeted in this truck burning.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 03:31:06 pm
Again, for the 100th time, perpetuating that idea is completely idiotic and ridiculous.  No Arkansas fan did this to Allen's truck because his completion % wasn't high enough last season.
While it is jumping the gun for anyone to assume the truck burning was football related to Brandon Allen's performance last season it is also jumping the gun to state flat out that it was not. Do you have ESP? Have you channeled the thoughts of person who did it ?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 27, 2014, 01:40:06 pm
While it is jumping the gun for anyone to assume the truck burning was football related to Brandon Allen's performance last season it is also jumping the gun to state flat out that it was not. Do you have ESP? Have you channeled the thoughts of person who did it ?

No, I just have common sense and intelligence.

This was not a Hog fan torching our QB's truck the Monday before the 1st game of the season because of his play on the football field.

I don't need to wait for the facts to come out to know that much.

Arkansasno1

Quote from: Billy Bayou on August 26, 2014, 09:28:18 am
Why would an Auburn fan be so concerned about a 21 point underdog?

Hard to imagine even an Auburn fan committing a felony against a player that played like Brandon played last year.  Blaming an Auburn fan might be easy but why would Auburn even want BA disturbed?
Because Springdale Gus fans are trying to do whatever they can to help "their" team/coach. Your in the back yard of your opponent, what else can you do except get into the heads of the QB and film practices.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

PonderinHog

Quote from: popcornhog on August 26, 2014, 10:47:19 am
The gangs in Fayetteville basically run things. Dangerous town.
Word on the street is it was the Dead Piglets.

Fayettechill14

Possibilities:

1. Jilted girlfriend. Probably Carrie Underwood.

2. Guy who dislikes Allen for a non-football reason. I've heard he's kind of a jerk in person. Not Ryan Mallett jerk, but not overwhelmingly likeable.

3. Auburn fan or Gus sympathizer.

That's my take.

LZH

I can say with 100% certainty that it's someone in need of a good, country ass whoopin.

NaturalStateReb

Just like who let the dogs out, it may remain forever a mystery.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

LZH

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 27, 2014, 04:22:57 pm
Just like who let the dogs out, it may remain forever a mystery.

Which pisses me off even more......

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 03:22:25 pm
No, I just have common sense and intelligence.

This was not a Hog fan torching our QB's truck the Monday before the 1st game of the season because of his play on the football field.

Look here buddy, they targeted a truck that looked like his and realized they messed up and came back and finished off the intended truck. I think it was obviously a Razorback fan.

hawgon

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on August 27, 2014, 07:16:11 pm
Look here buddy, they targeted a truck that looked like his and realized they messed up and came back and finished off the intended truck. I think it was obviously a Razorback fan.

What fricking Razorback fan in the whole world knows what the kid drives?  How in the world can you say it was a Razorback fan?  Obviously, it was someone who knows him and knows exactly what he drives and where he lives.  THAT tells me that odds are, it was another student.  And when the perpetrator was another student, that tells me that there could have been all kinds of reasons that had nothing to do with him being the QB.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 03:22:25 pm

Wow.

Now just imagine if somebody posted this:

BA's truck keeps getting messed with. A part of the fan base has been blaming him for last years 3-9 record since the season ended.

Therefore somebody who doesn't think he should be quarterback burned his truck.
I don't need for the facts to come out to know that much.

What's the difference?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 27, 2014, 07:24:50 pm
Wow.

BA's truck keeps getting messed with. A part of the fan base has been blaming him for last years 3-9 record since the season ended.

What's the difference?

One is ridiculously idiotic and the other isn't.

pigsooietim

Wow.

What's the difference?

Mike I don't believe you can change his mind. Another poster said something about someone having their head up their ass... I think he got the wrong poster.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 07:31:47 pm

No Hogfather, because it was absolutely done by a hog fan because they burned the wrong vehicle first and yes maybe BA did something to someone else that didn't help the case but how he played last year in football also is a reason he was targeted in this situation.

The Hogfather

The person who did it absolutely was targeting Brandon.  However, it was not a Hog fan targeting him because of his poor completion % last season.  To even think such a thing is ridiculously idiotic.  Almost as idiotic as the person doing it in the 1st place.

hawgon

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on August 27, 2014, 07:41:49 pm
No Hogfather, because it was absolutely done by a hog fan because they burned the wrong vehicle first and yes maybe BA did something to someone else that didn't help the case but how he played last year in football also is a reason he was targeted in this situation.

How can you know that?  Do you read minds?

pigsooietim

The Hogfather

Do you really love the lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it?

pigsooietim

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 07:52:50 pm
Do you really love the lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it?

I love lamp lol... That guy is freaking hillarious.

Fayettechill14

Wow.

What's the difference?

But why do it the week of the Auburn game? A "fan" wouldn't do that.

hawgon

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 27, 2014, 07:56:21 pm

A "fan" would do it in a drunken haze on Saturday night if BA throws a couple of pick sixes on Saturday.

pigsooietim

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 27, 2014, 07:56:21 pm

I had to log back on to respond to that.. Why does a woman drown her kids by driving her car into the lake with them in it and swim out and leave them in it ? Why do religous nuttjobs drink a bunch of kool aid and poison and castrate themselves ?

You are going out of your way to give mankind a benefit which it has yet to earn in my experience... Its very possible a derranged fan did this.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 27, 2014, 08:06:17 pm
I had to log back on to respond to that.. Why does a woman drown her kids by driving her car into the lake with them in it and swim out and leave them in it ? Why do religous nuttjobs drink a bunch of kool aid and poison and castrate themselves ?

You are going out of your way to give mankind a benefit which it has yet to earn in my experience... Its very possible a derranged fan did this.

You logged back on to post this??

Fayettechill14

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 27, 2014, 08:06:17 pm

Let me reiterate: the timing does not suggest it was a fan. The timing suggests that it was an Auburn fan, Gus sympathizer, jilted girlfriend, or vengeful fellow student angry over something not football-related.

pigsooietim

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 08:09:34 pm
You logged back on to post this??

Yes I'm bored sue me. And where do you find fault in my post ? Crazy people do things like burn peoples cars.. My point is they are crazy.. So how can you rule out that they are a fan ?

pigsooietim

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 27, 2014, 08:11:35 pm
Let me reiterate: the timing does not suggest it was a fan. The timing suggests that it was an Auburn fan, Gus sympathizer, jilted girlfriend, or vengeful fellow student angry over something not football-related.

I do not think that derranged people concern themselves with timing.

The Hogfather

They might happen to be a fan, but they didn't do it because Allen played poorly last season.

hawgon

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 27, 2014, 08:13:23 pm
I do not think that derranged people concern themselves with timing.

But they become deranged by certain things and the certain thing that would derange them most, hasn't happened yet.

pigsooietim

Quote from: hawgon on August 27, 2014, 08:14:49 pm
But they become deranged by certain things and the certain thing that would derange them most, hasn't happened yet.

I think you are assigning rational qualities to an irrational person.

pigsooietim

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 08:14:08 pm
They might happen to be a fan, but they didn't do it because Allen played poorly last season.

I do not think there is any way to say that with any degree of certainty.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 26, 2014, 07:22:45 am
Arkansas fans love a good made up conspiracy

No we don't... ESPN likes to make us think the world is out to get us in order to hold us back from our full potential...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pigsooietim

Quote from: hawgon on August 27, 2014, 08:14:49 pm

Lets start on something we can all agree on.. The person in question is obvioiusly derranged ? Now if we can agree on that then maybe its not out of the question to think the derranged individual may have considered burning BAs truck to be a warning. In their derranged mind they are threatening BA that if he has another bad season .... In that case the timing would be perfect wouldnt it ?

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 08:14:08 pm
A person shouldn't be as sure of things in their own lives as you are of this event.

hawgon

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 27, 2014, 08:20:23 pm
Lets start on something we can all agree on.. The person in question is obvioiusly derranged ? Now if we can agree on that then maybe its not out of the question to think the derranged individual may have considered burning BAs truck to be a warning. In their derranged mind they are threatening BA that if he has another bad season .... In that case the timing would be perfect wouldnt it ?

So, you say I'm assigning rational qualities to a deranged mind, but you have a so-called deranged mind working out a complex warning system involving a burning truck and an upcoming season?  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

My scenario, "Arrrrrrrgh, that sorry sob just threw four picks.  I'm going to burn his truck."

Your scenario, "I will burn Brandon Allen's truck as a way of warning him to play better this season."

pigsooietim

Hawg I'm not saying either scenario is right or wrong.. I'm saying its a derranged person and we cant know.

pigsooietim

And I really do not think burning someones truck is a complex warning system.. Its the act of a simpleton.

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: Dropkick on August 26, 2014, 07:35:27 am
We haven't even played a game yet. It wasn't a disgruntled fan.

Bingo!

pigsooietim

I'm bored with this thread. Mike Irwin is right. There is no way to know if this was an angry fan. And we cannot stop people from perpetuating any idea they want to perpetuate. I'm out.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LZH on August 27, 2014, 04:20:29 pm
I can say with 100% certainty that it's someone in need of a good, country ass whoopin.

Yup.... +1
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 07:31:47 pm

Your backs against the wall...
You'll defend your view even if the guilty party says, "3-9..! Wanted that boy to know we ain't taken no more 3-9..!!"

+1

BPsTheMan

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am
That an upset Arkansas fan burned Allen's truck because he/she was upset with his play on the field.  So far this morning on the radio, I've heard about 6 people say something like, "he didn't play very well last year, but we don't need a Harvey Updyke in our fanbase".

STOP IT!

Amen

Hogpkins

Quote from: lasthog on August 26, 2014, 09:48:50 am
Good golly. Who poisoned Auburn ' s tree?  Answer: Alamabama fan.Did Reggie Fish's car get burned? 

There have been numerous goats on many teams including Arkansas.

The idea that a fan has been seething because of someone's lackluster play LAST YEAR, enough to perpetrate this violence,  is far-fetched to the point of being unreasonable.  Very little is impossible,  but just a remote, unreasonable, illogical, premise does not deserve serious consideration.

I keep seeing this argument that it's impossible it was a fan because [fill in the blank with some really crappy QB from the past] never had his truck or flesh burned.  But that's like saying, there were much worse presidents before Reagan who never got shot by a deranged citizen, so no deranged citizen could ever shoot Reagan.  All it takes is one nut with a bad idea and the means to carry it out.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hawgon on August 26, 2014, 08:14:52 am
I don't believe a fan did it.  If Hog fans were the type to burn cars, Casey Dick would still be riding a moped.

Exactly.  And Houston Nutt's house would have been a pile of ashes, along with his next one, and his next one, and his next one. 

There's not history of Hog fans doing this type of thing regardless of how irrational some may make us out to be.  Flying a banner and taking out an ad in the newspaper is nothing compared to burning a player's car, and I don't for a second think a Hog fan did it. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.