Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Perpetuating the Idea

Started by The Hogfather, August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

That an upset Arkansas fan burned Allen's truck because he/she was upset with his play on the field.  So far this morning on the radio, I've heard about 6 people say something like, "he didn't play very well last year, but we don't need a Harvey Updyke in our fanbase".

STOP IT!

Pork Twain

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am
That an upset Arkansas fan burned Allen's truck because he/she was upset with his play on the field.  So far this morning on the radio, I've heard about 6 people say something like, "he didn't play very well last year, but we don't need a Harvey Updyke in our fanbase".

STOP IT!

Arkansas fans love a good made up conspiracy
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

lefty08

Regardless of who did it or why, I can guarantee it wasnt a Razorback fan
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

pigsooietim

I don't understand ? How do we go about stopping people from expressing their opinions on the radio ? I don't think its possible. ???? I think some people need thicker skin. I love my Hogs but its only a game. No need to go all gestapo on everyone with a different opinion.

JIHawg

A more believable scenario is that it was an Auburn fan disrupting our game week preparations, or a friend of Gus who has put love for Gus above the program.

hogsanity

after seeing and hearing some hog "fans" over the last couple of years, well I am sorry but it is not a far fetched conclusion for some of them to jump to.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 26, 2014, 07:24:07 am
I don't understand ? How do we go about stopping people from expressing their opinions on the radio ? I don't think its possible. ???? I think some people need thicker skin. I love my Hogs but its only a game. No need to go all gestapo on everyone with a different opinion.

Because you have to be completely ignorant to believe that.  I don't want our fans to look ignorant.  The regional/national media will try their best to make us look that way without our help.  This was not some fan upset with Allen's play.  Period.  That is absolutely ridiculous.

Hoggie17

It wasn't a Hog Fan, we would never blame players!   

Dropkick

We haven't even played a game yet. It wasn't a disgruntled fan.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dropkick on August 26, 2014, 07:35:27 am
We haven't even played a game yet. It wasn't a disgruntled fan.

Exactly.  I think there is obviously a personal connection to this.

I think we have a lot of ignorant, crazy fans in Arkansas, but I don't think ANY of them are ridiculous enough to hunt down and burn our QB's truck to the ground because of his play on the field last season.

The Boar War

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 07:29:15 am
after seeing and hearing some hog "fans" over the last couple of years, well I am sorry but it is not a far fetched conclusion for some of them to jump to.

Unfortunately I agree.  Initially I thought there's no way a crazy fan would do this because setting someone's car on fire is a crime of passion and nothing has happened in four months to set someone off.  But then you think of the crazy, irrational things you read on here and the strange, delusional calls on the radio shows.  Do you really believe there's no way someone like Tim from LR could do this?

More than likely it's someone with some mental issues who's manifested their problems onto Razorback football.  Hope I'm wrong.

RazorBassin

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:29:30 am
Because you have to be completely ignorant to believe that.  I don't want our fans to look ignorant.  The regional/national media will try their best to make us look that way without our help.  This was not some fan upset with Allen's play.  Period.  That is absolutely ridiculous.

I have to agree with you, or at least I pray that you are right.  Seems like it was personal to me, but the burning of two different Avalanche vehicles makes it seem less personal.  Could have just been a coincidence, but highly unlikely.  I think the more likely scenario was it was intentional, but the first vehicle that was torched was in error.  Who knows really?!?!  I hope they find the psycho and put them under the jail.  I know it was only a few burnt vehicles that can be replaced by insurance, but it could have been people hurt/killed in those apartments.  This person/persons need the book thrown at them!

DEVIL DOG HOG

Two other cars were burned when BAs truck was torched.  He was just one of the unlucky three that night.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hogsanity

Because you have to be completely ignorant to believe that.  I don't want our fans to look ignorant. 

Believe me, to those outside the state, our fan base looked that way long before this incident.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Boar War on August 26, 2014, 07:41:09 am
Unfortunately I agree.  Initially I thought there's no way a crazy fan would do this because setting someone's car on fire is a crime of passion and nothing has happened in four months to set someone off.  But then you think of the crazy, irrational things you read on here and the strange, delusional calls on the radio shows.  Do you really believe there's no way someone like Tim from LR could do this?

More than likely it's someone with some mental issues who's manifested their problems onto Razorback football.  Hope I'm wrong.

If it is a "Hog fan", the motive is not Allen's play on the field.  It could be a "Hog fan" who had his girlfriend stolen by Allen or a "Hog fan" who had an argument/fight with Allen, etc.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 07:42:33 am
Believe me, to those outside the state, our fan base looked that way long before this incident.

No shiz.  And we have no problem continuing that line of thought by perpetuating ideas like this.

three hog night

Quote from: JIHawg on August 26, 2014, 07:24:10 am
A more believable scenario is that it was an Auburn fan disrupting our game week preparations, or a friend of Gus who has put love for Gus above the program.

Bingo...the timing says an AU fan for game week
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 07:42:33 am
Radical fans are embarrassing to us all.  Especially those of us that live outside of the state and have to live with their ignorance.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

online-with-swine

This wasn't about Brandon Allen the quarterback.  If he was targeted, this was personal.  This is someone who doesn't like Brandon Allen the person.

Saying it was a disgruntled fan is BS and only hurts the team.

three hog night

The timing of this coincides with trying to disrupt our QB during game week to make sure we lose.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

RT1941

Quote from: three hog night on August 26, 2014, 08:01:39 am
The timing of this coincides with trying to disrupt our QB during game week to make sure we lose.
The crazy don't operate on a time table - they just randomly act out.
RazorTusk!!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2014, 07:23:02 am
Regardless of who did it or why, I can guarantee it wasnt a Razorback fan

There's a 50/50 chance it was a fan. Thats just the flip of a coin. I don't think they knew that they were torching the starting QBs truck. Call it chance.
This is my non-signature signature.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Three possibilities:

1.  Random act of arson.

2.  It was personal.

3.  Someone trying to screw with BA's head before the AU game.

3a.  The dumbest person in the world who waits until the next football season to burn someone's car for last football season.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hawgon

I don't believe a fan did it.  If Hog fans were the type to burn cars, Casey Dick would still be riding a moped.

The Boar War

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:42:55 am
If it is a "Hog fan", the motive is not Allen's play on the field.  It could be a "Hog fan" who had his girlfriend stolen by Allen or a "Hog fan" who had an argument/fight with Allen, etc.

The problem is that people who claim to be close to Brandon claim that he has no idea who might have done this.  Obviously that could be untrue but if someone were mad enough to torch my vehicle for a personal reason (argument/relationship) I would probably have a suspect.

You and I go through our days with reason and logic.  We react to different situations with measured responses that work to benefit ourselves and those around us.  People who burn cars aren't shackled with reasonable thought.  This guy could have been watching one of the replays on the SEC network and that might have set him off.  There is no rational for burning a car.

Hopefully it's a random occurrence or a rival fan or a personal vandetta but I can see how people believe this is an inside job.

Biggus Piggus

The fact that two Avalanches burned suggests to me that one person was directing the crime while another executed it. The first one was torched in the wrong location, a mile away. Somebody must have thrown a fit about that. Then they went back three hours later and burned Allen's Avalanche.
[CENSORED]!

pigsooietim

But you didnt answer my question.. How do you suppose we go about stopping people from having different opinions and calling in the radio with them ? Burn down their cars ? I'll tell you what is ridiculous... The idea that you can control someones opinion and what they say on the radio by making a silly comment on a message board. Egomanical much ?

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2014, 07:29:15 am
Yes it is.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 26, 2014, 08:24:44 am
But you didnt answer my question.. How do you suppose we go about stopping people from having different opinions and calling in the radio with them ? Burn down their cars ? I'll tell you what is ridiculous... The idea that you can control someones opinion and what they say on the radio by making a silly comment on a message board. Egomanical much ?

Why did you feel this comment was necessary? He asked that people control themselves. Good lord. Head in ass much?
[CENSORED]!

GolfnHog

I'm going to respectfully disagree w/ The Boar War on this being a crime of passion. Arson by it's nature (yes, it was arson) is premediated thus taking the element of "immediate passion" out of the equation.

I suspect once the facts of the case are discovered it was possibly a "hog fan" but it very likely had no link to BA but the type of vehicle he owned. The other incidents involving his vehicle only add to those that like a good conspiracy.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: JIHawg on August 26, 2014, 07:24:10 am

I think someone was trying to cash in on an insurance policy and burned the wrong car.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 26, 2014, 08:24:44 am

I can't tell if you are being serious.  If so, we might've found the 1 guy who would be ignorant enough to burn a QB's truck out because he didn't complete 60% of his passes last season.

fakebobholt

This could all be just some punk burning cars. The fact that another car was burned less than a mile from BA's truck could just be random acts of arson. This thread has turned into what the OP was talking about. Just like ferguson, all the facts  need to come in before we think it was a fan of amy school.

GolfnHog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 26, 2014, 08:31:07 am
I think someone was trying to cash in on an insurance policy and burned the wrong car.

Very plausible.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2014, 07:20:01 am

STOP IT!

Amen
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JansterZ71

Quote from: three hog night on August 26, 2014, 07:52:34 am
Bingo...the timing says an AU fan for game week

We get it, you think some Auburn fan cared enough about this game and was worried enough about this game that they decided to burn the QB's car.  I mean it's so logical right? 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

The Boar War

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 26, 2014, 08:29:41 am
I'm going to respectfully disagree w/ The Boar War on this being a crime of passion. Arson by it's nature (yes, it was arson) is premediated thus taking the element of "immediate passion" out of the equation.

I can see your point.  For someone to take the time to find out where he lived, what he drove, buy the accelerants, etc...

Less likely to be a crime of passion than I originally thought.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 26, 2014, 08:33:04 am
No if my head were in my ass then I might suffer from the delusion that telling people what opinion to have and to not give those opinions on the radio on a message board would have any effect whatsoever on people doing it. Thats my point. Now I'm either right or I'm wrong. Sorry I hurt your partners feelings. But its just silly to think getting on a message board and demanding that people stop calling the radio with their opinions is going to matter to anyone ... If you think it does then maybe you are the one with your head in your ass.. Which , by the way seems a bit like insulting a poster which I understand is against the rules. I suggest the mods do something about your mean post.

Confirmed.  Someone get a cop out to this guy's house to look for gas and other arson materials....

greenie

Quote from: online-with-swine on August 26, 2014, 07:57:00 am
This wasn't about Brandon Allen the quarterback.  If he was targeted, this was personal.  This is someone who doesn't like Brandon Allen the person.

Saying it was a disgruntled fan is BS and only hurts the team.

+1

Quit advancing the idea that a crazy Arkansas fan did this.  Although possible, I think its the least likely scenario.  There's just no motive for it yet. 

MH04

One of my friends car was tarred and the gas line was cut yesterday, I don't think that this was BA specific

mattw

I think it's safe to rule out a girlfriend/ex-girlfriend as a suspect, due to the fact that two similar trucks were torched at two locations. A crazy girlfriend/ex, especially one crazy enough to torch your truck, is going to know EXACTLY what you drive, down to how much tread is left on your tires and what color your gas cap is. You have to assume she would know where you live as well.

This was someone who didn't know BA personally, but was able to find out "through the grapevine" what he drives. Likely that person drove around Fayetteville until they found his truck, or what they thought was his truck. I'm also going to say they had identified these trucks in advance, but were unable to determine which truck was BA's. It would be unlikely that they would happen to find two very similar trucks in the middle of the night without having located them prior to torching them.

My money is on one of two scenarios:

1) BA stole somebody's GF and her ex wasn't thrilled about it.

2) Auburn Fan(s)

Pigstie

A day later and I still think it's a gus lover/ auby fan from nwa.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Pigstie on August 26, 2014, 08:40:22 am
A day later and I still think it's a gus lover/ auby fan from nwa.

If this turns out to be true, it might break the internet.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Pigstie

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 26, 2014, 08:41:15 am
Well maybe I watch too much of "The first 48", but surely there is video evidence somewhere.   ???
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Laughing Hog

In West Virginia, they get so excited about a win, they burn couches.

In Ar., we do it with class - we get so pumped up about the anticipation of a win in the up coming game, we burn cars.

:(
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

LRHawg

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 26, 2014, 08:41:15 am

finally found a nugget of truth in this thread.
few things:

The odds of it being a random act that wasn't targeting Brandon Allen are astronomical.

The odds of it being an Auburn fan are also Astronomical. They are 21 point favorites. This is the first game of the year.

The odds of it being a Razorback fan are also Astronomical. No matter how upset you could be with Allen for the games last season, why act now? I realize you can't rationalize crazy, but crazy would have acted by now if they were upset with him.

before I make up my mind on this, I would like to hear more about the exact times the two arson events went down.

I think it's funny word is Brandon said he doesn't know who it is. Of course he doesn't. Otherwise they'd be in Washington County Jail right now. lol

SDZ_Hog

Hoping there are various security camears located between/around the site locations.  What are the chances that the same vehicle that is around those two sites at that time of the night isn't linked? 

LZH

Quote from: The Boar War on August 26, 2014, 08:20:51 am
The problem is that people who claim to be close to Brandon claim that he has no idea who might have done this.  Obviously that could be untrue but if someone were mad enough to torch my vehicle for a personal reason (argument/relationship) I would probably have a suspect.

I'd think that's likely.  In all my years I've seen people do some mean-spirited and incredibly stupid things, but I don't think I can remember anyone ever burning someone else's vehicle.  Whether this guy targeted BA for some reason or just decided to go torch some cars and thought it would be cute to burn the Hogs' QB's ride while he was at it, he's in deep crap.

This is serious stuff and isn't going away, so it's not out of the question to think that whoever did it must have been motivated and angry to take that kind of risk.

jkstock04

I find the tin foil hat stuff the media and bandwagoners spinning on this deal highly unlikely.

But hey, why let common sense get in the way of a good story!! Lol maybe this will hit the natl sports media and be one more black mark towards our fanbase and recruiting efforts.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

texas tush hog

Quote from: Pigstie on August 26, 2014, 08:47:28 am
Well maybe I watch too much of "The first 48", but surely there is video evidence somewhere.   ???

Possible, but whoever did this had to have made a mistake somewhere along the way, and that mistake will lead to their prosecution and will result in hard time. This is more than a college prank, it is a serious crime, at the very least arson, and at the worst, attempted murder because of the scorching of the apartment. Once all the parties involved realize the seriousness of this crime, somebody will panic and they will begin to turn on each other. If some of them were just along for the ride, they will be guilty of being an accessory after the fact. By coming forward and turning the others in, they could possibly spare themselves some hard time in the Arkansas penal system becoming intimate with Bubba.