Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fredi Knighten Era Begans at ASU.

Started by Seminole Indian, August 26, 2014, 07:01:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

A few years ago I mentioned on another board here that Ryan Aplin was about to take over at QB at ASU, and encouraged football fans to try and catch a glimpse of him because players like him do not pass through ASU very often.

ASU is about to hand the job to an even more exciting athlete, in Fredi Knighten.

The little 5-11, 189lb former Parade All-American is as special a they come, and barring injuries should be one of the most electrifying newcomers in college football. Think those that get to see him are in for a special treat, because he is a unique and truely exceptional talent.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Lanny

I called all Freddie's games when he was at PA.  Exciting QB that gave a defense fits.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Seminole Indian

ASU's new OC, and QB coach, Walt Bell, was talking to the press about the 1st game, and was absolutely giddy about this player.

Apologized for being so, but then said he could not help himself because he knew something 'no one else knew'. Finally just  flat out said  his QB is  really, really, special, and they are going to build this team around him, and his talents. Get the feeling he has never see anything quite like him.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

wildwolf

Not sure, but, Knighten's high school QB stats his senior year may be the most productive ever in this nation. The coaches believe he will put up awesome numbers in college. A-State fans are looking forward to it as the Red Wolves try to win a 4th consecutive Conference Championship under a 4th coaching staff!

DeltaBoy

He is a good looking kid.  The Tribe will do great this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 26, 2014, 02:21:46 pm
He is a good looking kid.  The Tribe will do great this year.

Tribe? What tribe is that? They are now a pack of wolves. Red Wolves to be exact.  8)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.