FINAL: Texas A&M 52, South Carolina 28.

Started by Rolltide4ever, August 25, 2014, 08:33:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Quote from: OldArmy94 on August 28, 2014, 10:44:18 pm
SEC team
On the road
Legendary head coach

Some of you hogs just cannot accept reality that A&M isn't going anywhere. We may not be at the top of the heap yet, but we have the guns, the coach, the money, the facilities and the support. I'm not going to make a foolish prediction about the future, but you are awfully small-minded to make a statement like that.

So what?   We own TAMU to the tune of 41–26–3.   It would take 15 years of consecutive wins to even this series up...  don't think that is going to occur...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  2h

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: USC-Texas A&M http://scne.ws/6lwRKQ  #gg

IG Mike28Davis @Mike28davis  ·  3h

Either way it goes I still love my team even if our own fans disrespect us
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Chris Low @ClowESPN  ·  3h

Last thing Sumlin said before leaving last night: "Just because we lost the best player in the country doesn't mean we can't coach anymore."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Kevin is looking smarter than the average bear.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 29, 2014, 11:37:36 am
So what?   We own TAMU to the tune of 41–26–3.   It would take 15 years of consecutive wins to even this series up...  don't think that is going to occur...
Head up record has nothing to do with claim...

DLUXHOG

Sweet Feet

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Sweet Feet on August 29, 2014, 03:12:11 pm
? Lol

My point is/was that we've beat these guys when they were hot and when they were cold.   Doesn't seem to matter over the long haul of the 70 years of history with them.....  I'm not scared of A&M in the least because they're supposedly "hot" right now.   And further, I'm not going to run around like chicken little screaming that the sky is falling because A&M is "hot" right now.    If our Hogs play like they are capable of they can and will take them......

Sweet Feet

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 29, 2014, 03:19:45 pm
My point is/was that we've beat these guys when they were hot and when they were cold.   Doesn't seem to matter over the long haul of the 70 years of history with them.....  I'm not scared of A&M in the least because they're supposedly "hot" right now.   And further, I'm not going to run around like chicken little screaming that the sky is falling because A&M is "hot" right now.    If our Hogs play like they are capable of they can and will take them......
I get what you are saying. But i just feel theres times history isnt as important. I dont even think its important vs texas tech. true enough arkansas has beaten a&m numerous times in the past, but it hasn really helped arkansas the past two years. some teams can evolve. Before the mcfadden era, arkansas was a terrible 2-12 vs tennessee. But it hasn stopped them from beating them the last 2 of the 3 years. We all know texas head up vs arkansas, but arkansas has won 3 outa the past 5 games against texas. See where im comin from? Now do you be scared of a&m? Absolutely not. Just show awareness and thats it really.

jbcarol

Tim Frisby @impopsfrisby89  ·  18h
#Finebaum says "HBC ran his mouth too much this Summer worrying about Nick Saban and didn't have his team prepared last night."

@bluedevilsvoice: The 'Head Ball Coach' is back at Duke tomorrow night for 1989 ACC Champs' Reunion.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  12h
Kevin Sumlin's own QB, through & through, sets records in 1st start: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Sumlin-s-QB-puts-on-show-in-first-A-M-start-5722907.php ...

jbcarol

Quote"We were very average the other night. In fact, we weren't even average, we were pretty sorry."

The Ball Coach

jbcarol

Morris: Gamecocks still can turn season around

No. 9 USC carried an 18-game home win streak into Thursday's game as a 101/2-point favorite over a Texas A&M team ranked No. 21.

A&M had scoring drives of 67, 75, 85, 75 and 80 yards in the first half. The game's outcome was determined by then as it became apparent USC's defense was incapable of stopping the Aggies.

USC was spanked, start to finish.

QuoteNo sport has a more meaningful regular season than college football. The playoffs began this past week and will go through 14 rounds.

The only difference this season is that the final four teams will participate in the inaugural College Football Playoff.

The season began with 128 teams vying for the final four spots. There are 64 members of the Power Five conferences – the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC – and 64 members of five other conferences, plus four independents.

Without exception, a single loss during the regular season eliminates any member of the non-Power Five conferences and the independents.

There are exceptions, such as bad losses. More specifically, a loss to a non-Power Five conference team will eliminate a Power Five conference team...

That leaves 100 teams standing after the first round of play.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  14h
Kenny Trill: Texas A&M's new quarterback has his own nickname | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/B0DeP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jbcarol on September 03, 2014, 06:50:40 am
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  14h
Kenny Trill: Texas A&M's new quarterback has his own nickname | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/B0DeP

Cool.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

Let's see.... Mallett was booked for public intoxication and was skewered by the MSM.   This guy is also booked and its merely a side note........

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  18h

Aggies rebuff retailers on Kenny Hill jerseys http://es.pn/1CqDiUY