Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL: Texas A&M 52, South Carolina 28.

Started by Rolltide4ever, August 25, 2014, 08:33:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

It's very very early in the season and this game, but A&M looks a lot better than I thought they would be.

Uh oh TD for the cocks.

jbcarol

A&M 10  SC 7  3:44 1st

TOP  A&M 8:13  SC  3:03
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Atlhogfan1

Well that may change some things.  Now lets see if this is typical A&M football of the past two seasons where they have jumped out on teams only to have the better adjustments be made by their opponents. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Huckleberry Pig

great play call, great route, great throw.

safety jumped the slot guy, left middle wide open

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 28, 2014, 05:39:12 pm
honest question, would your opinion of him change if they wound up with a good record at the end of this year?  I agree that last year it was easy for him to look good, but I still think he's a good coach.  This year should tell us.
Good coach, but not great.

Unless he starts putting real emphasis on D, TAMU will struggle in the SEC to be more than they have ever been.
All Gas, No Brakes!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Sweet Feet

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 05:31:55 pm
Why don't you go over to your board and talk about Hannah Montana, or whoever y'all play this weekend.....
?

pigsooietim

Personally I"m very impressed with Sumlin.. Would love to have him as our coach.. A guy who can coach quarterbacks is the way to win.. Its the future.. We gotta get out of the past.

Huckleberry Pig

they needed that BAD.  got the crowd back into it, place was about to be deflated.  my how quickly things change.

if SC can get a 3 and out here, look out

jbcarol

1st and 10 from the 20

Hill to Noil near the 40.

Huckleberry Pig

intelligence

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2014, 05:41:12 pm
Good coach, but not great.

Unless he starts putting real emphasis on D, TAMU will struggle in the SEC to be more than they have ever been.

A&M is loaded with young defensive talent my friend. That huge DE that got the pressure on thompson on the td pass is a true freshman. so is the starting safety

jbcarol

The first Noil, he stopped for no gain.

jbcarol

2nd and 10 near the A&M 40

Hill sacked for six yard loss.

elksnort

Same ole A&M lately - very good O.  Defense not so great.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 28, 2014, 05:39:12 pm
honest question, would your opinion of him change if they wound up with a good record at the end of this year?  I agree that last year it was easy for him to look good, but I still think he's a good coach.  This year should tell us.

I think he is a good coach.  I don't think he is what some make him out to be.  After the 2012 season, he was put into the group of best coaches in college football and some outlets claimed he should be the top candidate for any NFL opening.  I don't think he is in that class.  I've seen too many games the past two seasons where he looked lost once opposing coaches made their adjustments.  His initial gameplans and offense is very effective.

I think A&M has a good record this season.  Hill looks like he will be tough with his mobility for many teams to handle.  And A&M again has future NFL linemen. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 28, 2014, 05:42:32 pm
Personally I"m very impressed with Sumlin.. Would love to have him as our coach.. A guy who can coach quarterbacks is the way to win.. Its the future.. We gotta get out of the past.

Go root for the Aggies.

Deep Shoat

If he won't give the D some love, he is just a flash in the pan who won't beat the better SEC teams consistently.
All Gas, No Brakes!

jbcarol

Smoke draw on 3rd and .01 mile is a couple yards short of the stick.

Atlhogfan1

Drew Brees is a darn qb. 

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 28, 2014, 05:44:09 pm
I think he is a good coach.  I don't think he is what some make him out to be.  After the 2012 season, he was put into the group of best coaches in college football and some outlets claimed he should be the top candidate for any NFL opening.  I don't think he is in that class.  I've seen too many games the past two seasons where he looked lost once opposing coaches made their adjustments.  His initial gameplans and offense is very effective.

I think A&M has a good record this season.  Hill looks like he will be tough with his mobility for many teams to handle.  And A&M again has future NFL linemen.

well said, agree 100% with that.

jbcarol

intelligence

Thompson is looking settled down a bit. aggie secondary giving SC more cushion now.

Mike davis, 12 yds and a first down in 3 or 4 steps

jbcarol

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

jbcarol

Kenny Hill  10/13   105   

Thompson   3/6  78 (with 69 yd TD pass)

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Atlhogfan1

What is the stat for A&M first possession scores the past 2 seasons and 1 game?  It has to be high.  Second possession too. 

SC has the running game going a little better. 

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 28, 2014, 05:49:33 pm
better than A&M's cheerboys....

aint that the truth.  i think a school should be required to have female cheerleaders to be allowed in he SEC

Huckleberry Pig

just me or does SC's qb look like he is throwin off his back foot a lot

seems to have happy feet too

pigsooietim

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 28, 2014, 05:44:20 pm
Go root for the Aggies.

I pull for the hogs.. and the gobn holds us back. Its not a coincidence we hired someone from the Broyles coaching tree.. But whatever.. I want us to do better so I must not be a fan lol... You go root on your on Aggies or whatever.

Atlhogfan1

That screen had a chance to go for nice yardage if Thompson throws it accurately. 

intelligence

To the genius who said Kevin Sumlin needed to recruit defense better.... nice job

they have 4 true freshman on the Dline, including the #1 de prospects @ 6'5 255. they are already comparing him to clowney. he's been all over thompson all night.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 28, 2014, 05:51:27 pm
aint that the truth.  i think a school should be required to have female cheerleaders to be allowed in he SEC

from SEC Rulebook 007098...
13. Every SEC team will have at least, 4, big breasted, beautiful females on their cheer squad..
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

popcornhog

#45 for A&M? DE.

I don't have volume. Who is he?
WPS

jbcarol

(AP) Nov 2, 2013 - Manziel threw four touchdown passes and ran for two more scores in ... UTE Miners forced a three-and-out on A&M's first drive to end a streak of seven straight games with a touchdown on the first possession for the Aggies.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 28, 2014, 05:53:31 pm
from SEC Rulebook 007098...
13. Every SEC team will have at least, 4, big breasted, beautiful females on their cheer squad..

i'll drink to that!

intelligence

Quote from: popcornhog on August 28, 2014, 05:54:22 pm
#45 for A&M? DE.

I don't have volume. Who is he?

Myles Garrett. true freshman. #1 de in the class. 6'5 255, 4.6 40
sumlin said he's the strongest guy on the team

he's number 15 btw

jbcarol

Hill underneath to Seals-Jones near the SC 34

SteveInArk

A&M still showing good stuff on Offense.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

The_Bionic_Pig

South Carolina is unable to make open field tackles and their D-backs are giving them 5 yards cushions
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Deep Shoat

Quote from: intelligence on August 28, 2014, 05:53:30 pm
To the genius who said Kevin Sumlin needed to recruit defense better.... nice job

they have 4 true freshman on the Dline, including the #1 de prospects @ 6'5 255. they are already comparing him to clowney. he's been all over thompson all night.
Who said "recruit"?

The Aggies always have good classes.  But the D sucks ass right now.

Like the O under RC Slocum.

Recruiting is only the first step, no matter what some people tell you.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Huckleberry Pig

jbcarol

First down pass to Pope in the red zone.

jbcarol

Jesse: Hill's throwing strikes all over the place just like his daddy did.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 28, 2014, 05:44:09 pm

Look lost on defense?  Or how?  How can you can go 20-6 in 2 seasons and be lost?  Florida, LSU (2), Bama, auburn, and mizzou are all he has lost to..only 1 of those by more than 7 points. 

Your opinion of course but as long as Sumlin is at A&M, they are winning 9 games a year
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: SteveInArk on August 28, 2014, 05:55:53 pm
A&M still showing good stuff on Offense.

yep, doing a good job of spreadin out SC.  SC looks lost

ricepig

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 28, 2014, 05:55:57 pm
South Carolina is unable to make open field tackles and their D-backs are giving them 5 yards cushions

Yep, looked way too familiar.