Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we recruiting 5* Torrance Gibson?

Started by ldfergu, August 25, 2014, 07:36:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

ESPN has an article (insider) that says it could be a big week for Arkansas. Something about KJ Hill and then mentions Torrance Gibson possibly showing his hand in a nationally televised game Sunday...

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncfrecruitingon-the-trail&id=57917

I'm not an insider so maybe someone who is can give a summary, unless that is forbidden from pay sites.

The_Boot_stops_here

we are not in it for Torrance Gibson...article says he may have tipped his hand by wearing cleats w/ Ohio St logo on them...as for KJ, Crabtree says he will announce Friday?  First I've heard of that...I thought he was supposed to announce a decision date tomorrow

carolinahogger

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 25, 2014, 08:37:57 am
...I thought he was supposed to announce a decision date tomorrow

Tomorrow he is announcing that a decision date will be announced in the future.

JansterZ71

Auburn & Tennessee were very high on Gibson and Gibson was very high on them and all of the sudden both schools backed off big time over a weeks period.  Rumor was on his visit to Tennessee he ran up huge hotel bills and even solicited a prostitute.  Those are rumors but it is fact that both teams backed off at the same time. As if something did happen.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

rolyat_2008

Gibson is an ATH playing QB in HS.. can't throw.. that doesn't translate well but I expect he will be playing for Urban and tOSU

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 25, 2014, 05:35:16 pm
Auburn & Tennessee were very high on Gibson and Gibson was very high on them and all of the sudden both schools backed off big time over a weeks period.  Rumor was on his visit to Tennessee he ran up huge hotel bills and even solicited a prostitute.  Those are rumors but it is fact that both teams backed off at the same time. As if something did happen.

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on August 25, 2014, 06:02:09 pm
Gibson is an ATH playing QB in HS.. can't throw..

Sounds like the perfect AU recruit.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Music City Hog

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on August 25, 2014, 06:02:09 pm
Gibson is an ATH playing QB in HS.. can't throw.. that doesn't translate well but I expect he will be playing for Urban and tOSU

He went 7-11, 298 yards and 5 TDs Saturday.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 25, 2014, 06:22:33 pm
He went 7-11, 298 yards and 5 TDs Saturday.

If 5 of his 7 completed passes were TDs then it sounds like he has a ridiculously talented WR on the team.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

bulldog04

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 25, 2014, 08:44:05 pm
If 5 of his 7 completed passes were TDs then it sounds like he has a ridiculously talented WR on the team.
Yes he does.  Dredrick Snelson a 4* star committed to Miami for 2016.  He was very impressive

The Boar War

Rumor was on his visit to Tennessee he ran up huge hotel bills and even solicited a prostitute.  Those are rumors but it is fact that both teams backed off at the same time. As if something did happen.

Were they upset he didn't use the Vol hostesses?

Dropkick

Since they backed off of him does he get to keep the money?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dropkick on August 25, 2014, 09:58:32 pm
Since they backed off of him does he get to keep the money?

Yes, AND the prostitute.

BigSexyHog

Sounds like I need to hang with this guy.  He knows what's up
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ChicoHog

Ohio st makes perfect sense then.  Urban Liar's typical character recruit.