Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When was the last time we won as a 20 pt + underdog?

Started by Nipsey Mussle, August 24, 2014, 06:39:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

LZH

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 25, 2014, 07:32:25 am
I see some guy above me said 15.  So, I don't know.

The year we went to Knoxville and beat UT, they were #4 in the country and we had lost to The Citadel.  Surely we were 20+ underdogs then.  Between then and now?  I don't know, I can't think of any games that would have happened.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on August 24, 2014, 07:42:32 pm
Arkansas was an 18 point underdog to Oklahoma in the 78 Orange Bowl.

I thought it was more than? Great win nonetheless.  The level of us being that big of an underdog entering that game didn't make sense to me.  That Hog team was really good.

code red

Quote from: alohawg on August 25, 2014, 03:35:56 am
If Auburn covers easily, the pitchforks will be drawn and all of the patience talk will cease. Hogs are not that far below these guys.
We will see soon.  It all depends on our ability to pass the ball.  I am skeptical.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: moses_007 on August 24, 2014, 07:09:28 pm
The 2000 Cotton Bowl against Texas.  Arkansas wasn't expected to even show up, and we whipped their a$$es goooooooooooooood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5yrlNE4D8

I didn't realize that was Arkansas' 1st bowl victory since 1985..!  Dang ol' HDN did just enough good to hang around too long...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AugustaHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 25, 2014, 07:27:52 am
Way too few people understand this concept.
This is true.  The only thing you can take from this is what the betting public thinks of our team.  That line doesn't indicate that Vegas thinks AU is better than Arkansas by X number of points.  It does however indicate what they think people will bet and how people are betting.  So, what this tells me is that the perception of Arkansas football is that we are way way down.  That's ok because the average better doesn't know much about our team past the 0-8 and 3-9.  Many don't know that Allen was hurt or who Korliss Marshall is.  We may get pantsed on Saturday, but I think the inside indicators show that we will be an improved team (by how much, who knows?).  So, moral of the story:  Gamble at your own risk!  I hope some of you make some serious bank!

Maximus Tusk

hogcard1964

Quote from: code red on August 25, 2014, 07:56:16 am
We will see soon.  It all depends on our ability to pass the ball.  I am skeptical.

We'll be able to pass "enough".  Fortunately, we don't have to rely on that.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on August 24, 2014, 07:42:32 pm
Arkansas was an 18 point underdog to Oklahoma in the 78 Orange Bowl.

Several Big Farmers in the Delta eased on into retirement and going on cruises with Momma after that game. Vegas lost big money on that one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: BBsTheMan on August 25, 2014, 01:27:17 am

Hopefully not against HoginMemphis  ;)
lol, these guys pay up.  Although my first big score with them came this year and was a little worried they would but they did.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

swinemaster

The last bet I placed on the Hogs was Arkansas +35.5 against USC in 05.  We lost by 53.  I lost my ASS and vowed to never let my love of the Razorbacks influence my sports betting habit.  I enjoy betting on football, just not the Hogs.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: swinemaster on August 25, 2014, 05:15:21 pm
The last bet I placed on the Hogs was Arkansas +35.5 against USC in 05.  We lost by 53.  I lost my ASS and vowed to never let my love of the Razorbacks influence my sports betting habit.  I enjoy betting on football, just not the Hogs.
hind sight being 20-20 you got hosed on that bet....the USC team was loaded with illegal players and under the counter money...after all, you still may have won had Nutt allow McFadden and Jones, as true freshmen to start the game...Felix had a lot of success against USC and no doubt McFadden would have also...those two playing the whole game may have been just enough to cover that line....plus we had no quarterback, no names, but the guy we had calling signals during the first part of that season was, without a doubt, the worst QB the UA has put on the field to start a game
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 27, 2014, 05:58:42 am
hind sight being 20-20 you got hosed on that bet....the USC team was loaded with illegal players and under the counter money...after all, you still may have won had Nutt allow McFadden and Jones, as true freshmen to start the game...Felix had a lot of success against USC and no doubt McFadden would have also...those two playing the whole game may have been just enough to cover that line....plus we had no quarterback, no names, but the guy we had calling signals during the first part of that season was, without a doubt, the worst QB the UA has put on the field to start a game
USC definitely had those things going on, but how in the world did he get hosed on the bet?!?  Did USC sign those players the night before the game? He knew who was going to be suiting up for both teams when he made the bet.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Westcoasthog

ARKANSAS WILL BEAT ALL ODDS AND WIN OVER AUBURN ON AUGUST 30,
2014!

jimmur74

Quote from: lefty08 on August 24, 2014, 07:34:25 pm
If u are betting the spread and you take the hogs, essentially the game start 20-0 arkansas. Thats correct

No. That would be a 40 point differential. It's essentially 20-0 Auburn

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.