Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill to announce Tuesday?

Started by LRrazorback, August 24, 2014, 05:58:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 26, 2014, 09:40:04 am
Never understand why kids wait and put teams through this.  Decide and help recruit.

Disclaimer:  I am not saying they are wrong, I am saying I do not get it, at all.

It's like graduating from college with a fancy degree and having multiple job offers.  Chances are you know which one is best, but if each company was willing to fly you out to company HQs and give you extravagant meals and nice hotel rooms, I wouldn't necessarily turn it down.  Sure my future company would probably be better off if I just signed with them right away and they didn't have to waste more of their resources on other candidates, but at the same time I wouldn't mind using up the resources of my future competitors.

Something else I think needs to be remembered is you can still recruit while you aren't committed, you just do it through texting instead of twitter.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 26, 2014, 09:52:01 am
It's like graduating from college with a fancy degree and having multiple job offers.  Chances are you know which one is best, but if each company was willing to fly you out to company HQs and give you extravagant meals and nice hotel rooms, I wouldn't necessarily turn it down.  Sure my future company would probably be better off if I just signed with them right away and they didn't have to waste more of their resources on other candidates, but at the same time I wouldn't mind using up the resources of my future competitors.

Something else I think needs to be remembered is you can still recruit while you aren't committed, you just do it through texting instead of twitter.
So you are saying it is the me-first attitude of today's youth?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Tomhog™ on August 26, 2014, 12:05:43 pm
I wonder if he will choose from a table of hats. Each hat having a different date on them. That'd be like..... cool and stuff....

Quality post
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 26, 2014, 11:10:04 am
So you are saying it is the me-first attitude of today's youth?

It's not really generational.  If your work offered you 5 straight weekends of vacation and paid for your family to come along, you would likely take it.

Pork Twain

August 26, 2014, 03:47:57 pm #55 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:59:50 pm by Pork Twain
Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 26, 2014, 02:26:16 pm
It's not really generational.  If your work offered you 5 straight weekends of vacation and paid for your family to come along, you would likely take it.
I would either take it or I wouldn't, but I would not drag it out.  Of course I joined the Air Force at 18.  I am just not a fan of this tactic by any player.  You are starting off your college process by making it all about you.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: Tomhog™ on August 26, 2014, 12:05:43 pm
I wonder if he will choose from a table of hats. Each hat having a different date on them. That'd be like..... cool and stuff....
That would be classic

Porked Tongue

Can anyone confirm this is the "Tuesday" that was meant?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 26, 2014, 04:58:17 pm
Can anyone confirm this is the "Tuesday" that was meant?

Yep, should be after their scrimmage against Conway, which is starting soon, so a few more hours I'd guess.

jseinfeld50

maybe he meant he was announcing Tuesday Morning at one of their store locations

k.c.hawg

I'm thinking that at some point before Tuesday, there will be an announcement on what time on Tuesday he will be announcing what day he will be announcing the school he will be committing to. Then at some point between Tuesdays announcement and the announcement on his commitment there will be an announcement on what time that announcement will be. Stay tuned. An announcement will be coming with more details.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Porked Tongue

It's now being reported that he will actually CHOOSE his school "around 6:00" this Friday.

ChicoHog

Tim

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 25, 2014, 08:40:10 am
Jeremy Crabtree says Hill will announce his college choice on Friday...anyone know anything about this?
This guy nailed it.

The_Boot_stops_here

[/quote]
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 25, 2014, 08:40:10 am
Jeremy Crabtree says Hill will announce his college choice on Friday...anyone know anything about this?

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 25, 2014, 09:38:45 am
Jeremy Crabtree got it wrong.

Well this is rather awkward

Tim

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 26, 2014, 03:47:57 pm
I would either take it or I wouldn't, but I would not drag it out.  Of course I joined the Air Force at 18.  I am just not a fan of this tactic by any player.  You are starting off your college process by making it all about you.

Well, the college process IS about the student. They are the ones that have to live with the decision. When a student makes a commitment to a school, that should count for something. The college choice to some students is not so easy. Not just for athletes either. There are acedemic students who have to select a university that will set them up for the future. I believe Adam Stokes gave a very good reason on why students do this. I mean, there just might be something at college #3 that offers something the others don't. Let the kids listen to the sales pitch and enjoy the free cavier.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Tim

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on August 26, 2014, 09:07:51 pmThey are the ones that have to live with the decision.
True, but I wish I hadn't had to live with Reggie Fish and Dontelle Jefferson's decision. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Tim on August 26, 2014, 09:07:16 pm
LOL you got it Joe.

Good grief.
As the pretend recruiting gurus like to say when they're wrong, "it was a fluid situation, things changed......" lol

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Tim on August 26, 2014, 09:07:16 pm
LOL you got it Joe.

Good grief.

Haha. I think Joe will be the next associate AD.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: BBsTheMan on August 26, 2014, 11:15:53 pm
As the pretend recruiting gurus like to say when they're wrong, "it was a fluid situation, things changed......" lol

Haha.

How about "it's been two weeks since WE trained" all the KJ insiders are out tonight.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 24, 2014, 06:17:21 pm

Wait a minute. Does an announcement of when he's going to eventually announce to whatever school he's going to commit equate to an announcement?

Lol....Sounds like a ......pre-announcement.....

Long as he picks us.....don't care what it's called...   :razorback:
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on August 26, 2014, 09:07:51 pm
Well, the college process IS about the student. They are the ones that have to live with the decision. When a student makes a commitment to a school, that should count for something. The college choice to some students is not so easy. Not just for athletes either. There are acedemic students who have to select a university that will set them up for the future. I believe Adam Stokes gave a very good reason on why students do this. I mean, there just might be something at college #3 that offers something the others don't. Let the kids listen to the sales pitch and enjoy the free cavier.
College sports is about the team.  I am not saying these kids are wrong, I just don't care for it.  I have four kids (19, 17, 16, 14) and I know how it is looking for a college.  That is not what we are talking about here.  Most kids, knowing they could go to any school, have a pretty good idea of the school they would prefer to attend.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 27, 2014, 07:12:56 am
College sports is about the team.  I am not saying these kids are wrong, I just don't care for it.  I have four kids (19, 17, 16, 14) and I know how it is looking for a college.  That is not what we are talking about here.  Most kids, knowing they could go to any school, have a pretty good idea of the school they would prefer to attend.

Maybe so, but not all kids have been preparing as long as some and when you are one of the elite in the country, I would bet things can be confusing. Being pulled and tugged by different schools and camps along with training, schoolwork, friends, etc. don't allow a growing maturing student the time to focus on things a whole lot.

You may be 100% right in a lot of kids knowing where they want to go and "using" schools to get pampered and boost their ego. However, until it is shown that is what they are doing, I have to side with them discovering what each institution has to offer and enjoying the process.

I see a lot of people commenting on Montez (K.J.'s stepfather) and his parenting. If those things are in fact true and Montez is the man the people say he is, I don't think he would be letting his family be taking the University of Arkansas for a ride. I really feel that this decision is about K.J.'s future and what each institution can offer him and help him succeed.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

hawganatic

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 26, 2014, 03:47:57 pm

Who is it suppose to be about if it's not about him?  This affects the rest if his life, not yours.

It's easy to criticize somebody when we haven't gone through the same process ourselves...

Hey Super

Quote from: hawganatic on August 27, 2014, 04:59:36 pm
Who is it suppose to be about if it's not about him?  This affects the rest if his life, not yours.

It's easy to criticize somebody when we haven't gone through the same process ourselves...

Truth
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />