Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B Said

Started by HogFanatic, August 24, 2014, 11:49:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: MountieDawg on August 24, 2014, 06:39:58 pm
I think BB is much better than Smith, not as good as Saban, Spurrier or Miles. Maybe close to a few others. But not getting the same type of talent.

You think the talent level might have skewed your thinking
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: MountieDawg on August 24, 2014, 06:46:30 pm
So I am hammered, think rationally that a team with 3 wins last year won't win a SEC Championship in the next 4 years. A title they have never won in the SEC. If Vegas took both are bets, my odds would be close to even money and your would be over 40 to 1. They have less than 1% chance this year. Love the team,but unrealistic expectations has you miserable 4 games into the SEC, but I get what I expect or better.
Yep, always easier to think negatively. Makes the world so much easier to take.

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 24, 2014, 11:49:32 am
That at Wisconsin it took him til year 5 to win a Conference Title, and he hopes that here at Arkansas it won't take quite so long...

I don't think it will. Well, I am not gonna predict he is going to win a Conference Title in the SEC within 5 years, but I don't think it will take him 5 years to field a very competitive team who has a CHANCE to win the SECCG. Two reasons:

1) He has access to better talent here than he had there. (And please spare me the "we are still being out recruited by other SEC teams" routine. Teams like A&M may be recruiting more stars, but they are losing players to off-field issues left and right)

2) He has the ability to hire the assistants he wants. Coach is a CEO type of coach, a lot like Frank Broyles. To him, hiring a quality staff is paramount. He is doing that here, and he has expressively said that he was unable to do so at Wisky.

I think it's pretty telling that he left Alvarez, one of his mentors, to come to a place where the AD actually trusts his judgement. I think Bielema will prove to be one of the very best coaches in the country and in very short order.

Go Hogs, and bring on the plainmen.  :razorback:
6 days!!!!

+1

IMO if I was a head coach of any program on any level the first thing I'm going to put the majority of my effort in is recruiting, developing and coaching the offensive and defensive lines. Bama knows how good Pittman is an wanted him for theirselves really bad. CBB is a CEO type coach and he has set this program up with great coaches. If u have a dominant OL, u can have sub par RB talent and they can achieve all conference stats. It all starts in the trenches and things have never looked this good at that position in year two by any head coach in the past 3 decades if ever! Set back and enjoy the climb up the summit of the SEC!

lefty08

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 24, 2014, 10:37:10 pm
Yep, always easier to think negatively. Makes the world so much easier to take.

If football makes you miserable you may want to find another hobby. Im optimistic because I believe in these players, coaches, and most importantly, I believe in this university. Im optimistic because I have seen many strange things in college football. To me there is no underdog week 1 in college football. When 2 teams of the same level match up in their first game, all bets are off. Its true we dont know what we have, we dont know what thay have either. We think we do. We arent nicholls st and they arent the seattle seahawks. Bring them on, I wont be miserable win or lose
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Peter Porker

Those that knock CBB's record during his tenure have no problem with Petrino's record during his tenure at Louisville (Conference USA, Big East) and his BCS bowl victory vs Jim Grobe and Wake Forest.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

razorbackfanatic

How stupid and ballsy can u be to ride your motorcycle less than 20 miles from the epicenter of your career that makes you the most recognizable face in the state of Arkansas with a grown women who's also a UA staff member? That speaks volumes about the type of person U are.

LZH

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on August 25, 2014, 06:54:46 am
How stupid and ballsy can u be to ride your motorcycle less than 20 miles from the epicenter of your career that makes you the most recognizable face in the state of Arkansas with a grown women who's also a UA staff member? That speaks volumes about the type of person U are.

Arrogance.  Success is a powerful drug.  So is 25 year old hiney.

Ex-Trumpet

CBB will either compete for a conference title here within 5 years, or he will be competing for another gig...it really is that simple.

Personally?  I think he's on the right track.  I think the team this year will be much improved over last year's.  The record may not show it this year (but I think it will) but next year should be a strong year.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

tampahog

and without a helmet

threeNout

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 24, 2014, 11:49:32 am

1) He has access to better talent here than he had there.

I was thinking about this the other day, just in terms of speed.

imagine a Wisconsin team with SEC speed,  that's what we'll probably look like soon.

RedyorNot

Quote from: threeNout on August 25, 2014, 07:15:08 am
I was thinking about this the other day, just in terms of speed.

imagine a Wisconsin team with SEC speed,  that's what we'll probably look like soon.

I imagine Coach Herbert is pretty pumped about the type of SEC caliber athlete he's having the chance to transform now and even more so as the LA/FL pipelines get bigger

three hog night

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 25, 2014, 06:33:20 am
Those that knock CBB's record during his tenure have no problem with Petrino's record during his tenure at Louisville (Conference USA, Big East) and his BCS bowl victory vs Jim Grobe and Wake Forest.

OUCH.....that aint gonna buff out
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

RT1941

Bobby was so arrogant the walked around swinging his Johnson and a blonde half his age jump on it with the quickness.  She didn't treat him to her candy for nothing though - she had to be compensated with a job and a large cash gift........
RazorTusk!!!!

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: RedyorNot on August 25, 2014, 08:05:07 am
I imagine Coach Herbert is pretty pumped about the type of SEC caliber athlete he's having the chance to transform now and even more so as the LA/FL pipelines get bigger

Can u imagine what Randy Ramsey, Dewayne Eugene and Khalia Hackett are going to look like in a couple years? With all that athleticism to start with and then 20lbs of muscle put on the right way which will just make u more athletic!

twistitup

too much....let's win an SEC game, then we can dream another day.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: LZH on August 25, 2014, 06:57:33 am
Arrogance.  Success is a powerful drug.  So is 25 year old hiney.

He thought he wasn't mortal anymore and it bit him in the butt! He set my beloved program back at least 2 to 3 seasons bc of his arrogance and just down right selfish personality. Ill never forget how he hurt this program. Don't get me wrong the CBP years were great, but i'd take them all back knowing what we know now. But I believe we are on the right track now and improvements will be seen in 3 days!

IntegrityHog

I'm not going to worry about any of this until after the 2018 season.  With the quality depth that Coach B is building, plus strength and conditioning, our 4th and 5th year players are going to be pretty salty.

twistitup

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 27, 2014, 02:30:48 pm
I'm not going to worry about any of this until after the 2018 season.  With the quality depth that Coach B is building, plus strength and conditioning, our 4th and 5th year players are going to be pretty salty.

2018...are you $&@!?@" kidding me???

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pig In The City

I am just looking forward to gamedays and supporting the hogs. Everything else will work itself out if we build the foundation.