Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger Mcfarland SECN "hogs finish 3-9"

Started by whiskeyNwater2.0, August 22, 2014, 10:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

menehune

Seriously?  I'm thinking that when Booger "picked," he pulled some of his brain right through his nose!!!!!

ZERO

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 23, 2014, 09:18:19 am
Impossible to beat Missouri on the road, Ole Miss at home or LSU at home?

Of course it's not impossible. We always play LSU and Ole Miss tough, and I'm assuming we'll play Missouri tough. I just find aTm and MSU to be the most likely.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2014, 07:07:50 am
Just another pre-season prediction based on last season. None of these guys have done any in-depth research into what is currently going on inside our program in order to prepare themselves for their prediction. These guys see and hear what other "Football Analysts" have written and said and it is just easy to repeat the same thing almost verbatim.

That way, if they are proven wrong they can all say, "Hey, I wasn't the only one who called this wrong, we ALL missed on this one, and what a great job Bielema and that Arkansas staff is doing"!

On the other hand, if something crazy happens and we would end up 3-9 again, they can all lean back and say, "see, told ya so, I know my SEC football". Either way, they don't lose.

Just another un-informed prediction that has nothing to do with what is actually going to play out this season.
Why should most of them do any real research or homework? They get paid the same whether they actually work at it or not. Must be one of the easiest way to make a buck in the entire universe. Most contribute very little, if anything, to actually raising the level of knowledge or discourse the channel feeds the viewers. The audience is really nothing much more than "cannon fodder" for the network advertisers.

intelligence

Nm. Brandon allen is a razorback and ill support him.

Großer Kriegschwein

I don't know why we care what a guy named Booger says. He's LSU alum, I'd probably rather take this Booger's opinion.

[attachment deleted by admin]
This is my non-signature signature.

I THINK and that may be a problem.  Here is what I think anyway.  Things would have to go very wrong a bunch for us to go 3-9 this season and I just don't see that happening.  I also think things would have to go so very right for us to reach 7 wins in regular season. 

I also think Austin would be better than Brandon as our QB by his 3rd start.  Austin just lets it fly while Brandon has head problems and I believe he looks toward the sideline expecting to see Johnelle standing over there thinking he is coaching Bama.

I think we will have a decent shot at winning 5 or 6 and maybe more if we don't have to make tough decisions late in the game with the game on the line.  Maybe we can get ahead enough to have a bit of breathing room late.

Well, That's what I am thinking.

moses_007

I think this team has the attitude, dedication and ability to win a minimum of 7 games.  Who we will beat and lose to I don't know, but I honestly think we will be right in every game.  I don't see any team blowing us out 52-0 or 52-7.  Remember, practically all the teams we will face have new quarterbacks this season.

Alabama=new quarterback, starter hasn't even been chosen yet by Saban.

A&M= new quarterback.

LSU= new quarterback.

Georgia=new quarterback.

We just might be able to beat all of these teams.  New quarterbacks usually don't fare too well in the tough SEC.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 23, 2014, 03:53:57 pm
Maybe he did tons of research and concluded that we go 3-9?  To be fair, there isn't a lot of evidence to suggest we do much better than that.  I think we will do better and go 4-8 this year however.
Pray tell how many commentators/analysts do you consider to be pretty much "on the mark" the vast majority of time? While I'll agree that your background as a coach, player or whatever might look good on a resume, it doesn't guarantee you necessarily are to be counted on to come up with (most) of the right answers. My goodness we've had Hooter Dale on a network the last year or so. Do you put a lot of stock into what that clown says?

Yes, you're correct ole Booger COULD have done all his research and come up with his   forecast(s) all by his lonesome. However, what I also suspect COULD be the case is that he's decided to go ahead and jump on the same bandwagon that includes those who place BA at the lowest rung on the ladder when it comes to QB based strictly on his injury influenced performances from last year. In other words, B.A. is ranked below kids who haven't even played a down of COLLEGE football. Glad to know that some hot shot high school signal caller has automatically assigned a higher grade before he's even taken the field for one play of SEC action.  You can add to that list any QB who's primary duties have been limited to mop up action once a game has been pretty much decided.

sowmonella

How can ESPN/SEC Network justify paying this guy? He's turrible.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moses_007

Quote from: sowmonella on August 23, 2014, 04:25:16 pm
How can ESPN/SEC Network justify paying this guy? He's turrible.
Maybe because he resembles Shaquille O'neal?

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: moses_007 on August 23, 2014, 04:11:23 pm
I think this team has the attitude, dedication and ability to win a minimum of 7 games.  Who we will beat and lose to I don't know, but I honestly think we will be right in every game.  I don't see any team blowing us out 52-0 or 52-7.  Remember, practically all the teams we will face have new quarterbacks this season.

Alabama=new quarterback, starter hasn't even been chosen yet by Saban.

A&M= new quarterback.

LSU= new quarterback.

Georgia=new quarterback.

We just might be able to beat all of these teams.  New quarterbacks usually don't fare too well in the tough SEC.

I'm not sure if we win 7 games, but I think we will be much more competitive and still in the ballgame come 4th Quarter in most, if not all of our games.  That's all you can ask for, really.  If the team learns how to finish ballgames this year, then 7 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

rlreev01

That guy is an embarrassment in the SEC network. Surely they can get somebody that is better!

trashcan maN

Id be a headcase too if half my shoulder was being held on by an ace bandage and I had some of the best collegiate athletes in the world bearing down on me

moses_007

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 23, 2014, 05:03:58 pm
I'm thinking we all hope and pray he turns out to be the best Quarterback in the SEC. 

Give the man a chance to prove himself without being hindered with injury.

Go Hogs!  :razorback:
+1.  I hope he is first team All-SEC this season.  That might equate to 8 to 10 wins for the Hogs.

intelligence

Quote from: moses_007 on August 23, 2014, 04:25:43 pm
Right now, I think Brandon Allen is the second best quarterback in the SEC, right behind Marshall of Auburn.  No way any of these new quarterbacks will be better than our B.A.
I'm sorry but this wrong. Been watching secn all day. Sims at Alabama is not only good his passes are impressive. He can really thread the needle hut he is poor at pocket awareness,. Prescott at msu is good and bo Wallace is much improved. Allen is rated the worst starter in the conference per espns David ching. Watching Dylan Thompson right now and he's got am arm but he might be worse than Allen. Allen looked the same guy in  red white game. Well see how he does Toda but I honestly don't expect much l. The only real think that matters is if he can read defenses and make the right decisions. If he can do that we might be ok. Anything else would be a bonus. BA is very similar to Casey dick I ability. Not enough arm or accuracy to be more than a game manager, but history shows it doesn't matter. If he can be a game manger and move the chains and not make mistakes he could be all we need to tread water. And keep us close enough to win some games

moses_007

Historically, Arkansas has fielded some of its best teams when sports writers picked us in the lower echelon of the conference.  Take 2006 for example.  Who would have thunk that team would have made it to the SEC championship game?  But it did. 

We are due for a great breakout season.  Writers are picking us dead last in the SEC West once again, and talking heads are saying BA is the worst QB in the league. 

moses_007

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 23, 2014, 05:23:56 pm
moses is obv trolling for those who dont know.

U just get back from a long ban? Havent seen u in a while ;)
No, never been banned...knock on wood...lol

intelligence

Quote from: moses_007 on August 23, 2014, 05:20:56 pm
Historically, Arkansas has fielded some of its best teams when sports writers picked us in the lower echelon of the conference.  Take 2006 for example.  Who would have thunk that team would have made it to the SEC championship game?  But it did. 

We are due for a great breakout season.  Writers are picking us dead last in the SEC West once again, and talking heads are saying BA is the worst QB in the league.
That year we had one of the most dominant olines the conference has every seen. We wore out every single defense we faced until we got to the sec champ game, which they showed the replay of on ESPN Las night. I'm sorry but you're wrong. That team had Chris Houston Sam olojubutu and earnest Mitchell and matteral Richardson on d and Florida still walked all over it

moses_007

I noticed Booger didn't even rate this year's offensive line in the top 5.  We very well may have one of the best O-lines in the league.

moses_007

That big offensive lineman that just transferred in from UNLV is a hoss.  I saw some film of him last night.  Holy smokes, can this guy block!!!

redswarmrising

with a name like Booger,i wouldn't pay much attention to what he says

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hambone Hog on August 22, 2014, 10:38:53 pm
McElroy picked Arkansas on the LSU special.

Saban and Miles not withstanding, McElroy knows just how difficult it is for LSU to win in Arkansas in the BCS era:

Nov 27 1998 Arkansas 41 - 14
Nov 24 2000 Arkansas 14 - 3
Nov 29 2002 Arkansas 21 - 20
Nov 26 2004 LSU 43 - 14
Nov 24 2006 LSU 31 - 26
Nov 28 2008 Arkansas 31 - 30
Nov 27 2010 Arkansas 31 - 23
Nov 23 2012 LSU 20 - 13

Neither Hootie nor John L will be in the stadium and LSU comes to Arkansas the week after they play Bama so even LSU's slim chance to win doesn't look too promising.

chitwnhog

Hey...I'm just curious. Did Booger or any of these prognosticators pick Auburn to win the SEC last year? Yeah...didn't think so. 

Hambone Hog

Quote from: intelligence on August 23, 2014, 05:16:26 pm
I'm sorry but this wrong. Been watching secn all day. Sims at Alabama is not only good his passes are impressive. He can really thread the needle hut he is poor at pocket awareness,. Prescott at msu is good and bo Wallace is much improved. Allen is rated the worst starter in the conference per espns David ching. Watching Dylan Thompson right now and he's got am arm but he might be worse than Allen. Allen looked the same guy in  red white game. Well see how he does Toda but I honestly don't expect much l. The only real think that matters is if he can read defenses and make the right decisions. If he can do that we might be ok. Anything else would be a bonus. BA is very similar to Casey dick I ability. Not enough arm or accuracy to be more than a game manager, but history shows it doesn't matter. If he can be a game manger and move the chains and not make mistakes he could be all we need to tread water. And keep us close enough to win some games

So much credibility

razorsharptusk

Quote from: WashUhog6 on August 22, 2014, 10:46:17 pm
A 3-9 prediction is nothing more than a "safe" pick. There was nothing special, different, interesting, or profound about that prediction.

I don't think his prediction was "dumb" or even that it's going to be wrong--just that it kind of felt like the prediction portion was a waste of time after spending 27 minutes talking about our improvements and then predicting the outcome exactly the same as it was in 2013.
This is what gets me.  They talk about all the improvements we have made... backs, lines, etc... then predict a repeat season.  I really think these analyst do not know what brandon will bring to table.  Neither do we really. He is the key.  We can run the ball all day but if brandon cant throw the ball, we will not succeed.   We have to find balance. Brandon will be the key.
GO HOGS!!

razorsharptusk

Quote from: moses_007 on August 22, 2014, 11:21:30 pm
They said one thing that was true.  If Brandon Allen goes down, there is literally nobody who can step in and win.  His backups have zero playing experience.
Yet coach smith stated that the recievers have alot of confidence in Austin.
GO HOGS!!

HF#1

We are just as likely to go 9-3 as Booger is to be right about anything.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Razor6

Complete BS.  We beat Auburn.

No one knows this yet, except us!  GO HOGS!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

whiskeyNwater2.0

August 23, 2014, 08:43:30 pm #78 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:04:18 pm by whiskeyNwater2.0

1. Arkansas and Auburn are different. Where we recruit in the bottom of the SEC. The years we win 8 or more games we almost always have one or two phenomenal playmakers on offense that forgive the glaring weaknesses spread out amongst our roster. Auburn on the other hand is almost always recruiting top 5, top 10 and almost always top 20 classes. Auburn wasn't expected to win the SECw last year but anyone who really looked at the roster could see that they weren't talent poor. They had a very athletic dual threat QB who ran a 4.4. We have a very average built QB who is one dimensional with a decent arm and a talent poor crop of playmakers at WR.

2. I believe Coach Bielema is a very good coach I believe our team will be much improved. I also will be zero percent surmised if this team fails to win an SEC game. Even though we should improve the other SEC west teams that we are traditionally closest to talent wise have also improved and have overall much more talented rosters. We have a top 3 RB corp and a very big offensive line with a stud in Skipper and and an allSEC type in Hunter Henry. That fine and dandy but there is a very good chance that we will be a 1-dimensional offense this year. Our best WR is a possession guy in Hatcher. Fans are hoping that one of the freshman step up and provide a spark. Anytime you are counting on Freshman then your team likely isn't going to be very good. We have a good defensive line but that is the only defensive unit that has shown they deserve to be talked about as a top tier SEC unit and let's be real they are closer to 7 than 1. Our DB's and LB are extremely thin and lacking top end talent.

3. If you go back and look at Arkansas good and poor seasons it is fairly easy to figure out what we have to do to win 8-10 games. We have to have at least 2 playmakers on offense who have the ability to take over games. Go back to 97Hill/Chakumah/Eubanks, 99Stoerner/Cobbs/Lucas, 2001Jones/Cobbs, 2002Jones/Andrews, 2003Jones/Andrews/Hillis 2005-2007DMAC/Felox/Hillis
2010 Mallet/Davis/Adams 2011 Wilson/Wright/Adams

I think our RB's are very good but we need to Korliss Marshall to break out as a true playmaker who can take it to the house at any moment. If Korliss doesn't step up then I see Arkansas fielding an offense that ranks between 7 and 11. I will be pleased as can be if our defense is better than 9 or 10. That is why I won't be shocked at a 3 win season and will be very pleased with 6 wins top end.

poloprince

BB simply can't afford another 3-9 season.
$PoLoPrInCe$

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 23, 2014, 10:55:22 am
I think they said he was terrible last year due to his injury and got better late in the season.
They acknowledged that BA had an injury and the team played better with him on the field early on in the show but at the end of the show Booger said BA was going to have to play a lot better than he did last year.  Said he was talented but not like the other QB's in the SEC.  Said his ceiling was lower than other SEC QB's. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

intelligence

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 23, 2014, 08:58:18 pm
They acknowledged that BA had an injury and the team played better with him on the field early on in the show but at the end of the show Booger said BA was going to have to play a lot better than he did last year.  Said he was talented but not like the other QB's in the SEC.  Said his ceiling was lower than other SEC QB's.

He may not have the size and arm strength scouts would drool over but he can still be successful in the SEC. he will just have to out work his peers. McElroy wasnt that great of a qb but he didn't make mistakes and he could move the chains when needed. If BA can do that then he'll be a good qb and have a chance at the next level

whiskeyNwater2.0

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: trippigs on August 22, 2014, 10:36:59 pm
Booger picked AR on the LSU special and LSU on the AR special.

The former Bama qb. picked  Arkansas on the LSU Preview.

razorsharptusk

Do any of you guys think the Hogs would be better if we had a duel threat QB?  Another back that defenses had to account for? Seems chaney would be for it but what about Coach B? I cant help but wonder if a player like DuWop could have been successful and been an asset at Qb.  Or if we had one would he get the opportunity. It appears the teams that have them are on fire as of late.
GO HOGS!!

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: whiskeyNwater2.0 on August 22, 2014, 10:35:18 pm
Zero SEC wins

All of these prognosticators are basing eveything on LAST YEAR.....  We will be better than last year....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: whiskeyNwater2.0 on August 22, 2014, 10:35:18 pm
Zero SEC wins

I love it when experts come across as they know it all. It is only a prediction but one made by an expert and on the SECN. He just left himself open for some ugly criticism. What a LOSER!!!!!!

Paul

Quote from: intelligence on August 23, 2014, 11:09:57 pm
Lol, are you 12 years old?
lw
Hey! He lets himself be called " Booger". Nuffi said.

redswarmrising

Quote from: razorsharptusk on August 23, 2014, 10:24:45 pm
Do any of you guys think the Hogs would be better if we had a duel threat QB?  Another back that defenses had to account for? Seems chaney would be for it but what about Coach B? I cant help but wonder if a player like DuWop could have been successful and been an asset at Qb.  Or if we had one would he get the opportunity. It appears the teams that have them are on fire as of late.

Peavey is our dual threat QB

bruisemeister

Quote from: WashUhog6 on August 22, 2014, 10:46:17 pm
A 3-9 prediction is nothing more than a "safe" pick. There was nothing special, different, interesting, or profound about that prediction.

I don't think his prediction was "dumb" or even that it's going to be wrong--just that it kind of felt like the prediction portion was a waste of time after spending 27 minutes talking about our improvements and then predicting the outcome exactly the same as it was in 2013.

Agreed. Don't get up in arms about preseason picks. Its fun to look at the preseason picks and compare with the how it turns out. Lets objectively look at the Hogs.
They went 0-8 last year in the SEC. Their QB struggled. The offensive line lost its best blocker. It is still relatively young with 2 sophomores as their best and even true Freshmen on the 2 deep. There is not a go to receiver out there. There are some good young ones but you have to remember these guys are not as highly regarded as young receivers on the other teams. So we are strong at running back and tight end.
We lost our kicker for 4 years. The punter is good. There is no go to punt returner. The kick returner if they let him out there(Marshall) is good.
They lost maybe their best defensive lineman in Smith. The defensive tackles are still young. The linebackers and defensive backs are both young and have really shown nothing. Flowers is really out only proven commodity.
With that said, lets look at our 8 conference opponents.
Alabama and Auburn are both talking national championship. LSU still has superior talent. Georgia has a great shot to win the East. Mississippi has a veteran quarterback with young talent equal to that of Bama. Mississippi State has better talent than the Hogs with a potential All-SEC QB. Missouri lost a lot of key players but return a talented QB and that game is on the road. Finally, everyone thinks we beat A and M mainly since Manzel is gone. Kevin Sumlin has put a good system in place that is quarterback proof. Whoever takes the reins should have a great year. The running game is very good if Hog fans remember the 2nd half of last years game. Granted, their defense is suspect but they should be able to outscore most teams. They are very similar to what Arkansas had when Petrino was in control.
As for the non conference. I assume Booger was picking us to lose to Texas Tech. A road win against a team who has had more success the past couple of seaons. It does not seem that likely.

Sports analysts are paid to objectively look at an upcoming season. They don't factor in that Brandon Allen looked good in practice and the linebackers will be much improved, etc. They take what they have and try to make an impartial judgement. These are the same experts who picked Arkansas as a top 10 team just a couple of years ago(one even picked them to play for the national championship). These are the same guys who picked Texas A and M to struggle that same season. None of these guys picked Auburn to win the SEC and come within seconds of a national title last year.
-
Just enjoy the season and see how it turns out. I made a prediction of 8-4 just a couple of weeks ago on this same forum. I am reassessing my prediction of beating Georgia. Either way, I think they will do better but I am not paid to make that judgement.

Cementhog

He's a grown man that goes by the name "Booger" for Christ's sake. That's like someone still rockin a mullet, members only jacket and driving an 81 z28 wanting to give me financial advice.......can't take that guy serious
Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Class of 86

arsuperhog

He's just mad because his mother named him Booger.

ThisTeetsTaken

BTW, he also said that Dan Skipper can't bend and Breyer Cook had slow feet. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Pickeledpigfeet

I put no more concern into what an over weight corn dog eating homer from LSHOO
predicts for the Hogs than I do a 19 year old kid on a message board trolling for bad punctuation! :razorback:
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

31to6

Quote from: Pickeledpigfeet on August 24, 2014, 10:28:01 am
I put no more concern into what an over weight corn dog eating homer from LSHOO
predicts for the Hogs than I do a 19 year old kid on a message board trolling for bad punctuation! :razorback:
I can't argue with his individual picks.

Based on what we showed last year and what we brought in (on paper) in terms of recruiting, we probably should not be favored in any conference game.

But the problem is that if you have 6 55/45 games, you are going to win 2 or 3 of them. Which ones? That's the trick.

Could we beat LSU at home? Yes, we have many times. But how many of those games were were favored in?
MSU and Ole Miss? Hard to pick us over them when they both have solid QB's.
Mizzou? Even with losing Franklin and a big chunk of their defense, you have to go with the home team with a decade of stability and a defense built to face the run.
aTm? They've recruited off the charts and have a Gatorade POTY under center who actually played well (against lesser competition or in junk time) when Manziel was out.
Tceh? They were better than us last year and are in the 2nd year of their system and they get us at home.

So while Booger didn't pick us to win any conference games and to lose to Tech, I think we can compete with several of those teams.

bphi11ips

Quote from: rlreev01 on August 23, 2014, 04:53:31 pm
That guy is an embarrassment in the SEC network. Surely they can get somebody that is better!
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Letsroll1200

What do you expect people to predict. Brandon Allen is still our QB and has not proven he can win a SEC game as a QB. Arkansas has to prove it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 24, 2014, 02:25:21 pm
What do you expect people to predict. Brandon Allen is still our QB and has not proven he can win a SEC game as a QB. Arkansas has to prove it.
Are you absolutely positive that you didn't mistakenly leave at "t" out of your moniker? You know as in: LetsTroll.