Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger Mcfarland SECN "hogs finish 3-9"

Started by whiskeyNwater2.0, August 22, 2014, 10:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Poker_hog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 24, 2014, 02:25:21 pm
What do you expect people to predict. Brandon Allen is still our QB and has not proven he can win a SEC game as a QB. Arkansas has to prove it.

He said without BA we might not win a game.  He belongs on a short bus.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 24, 2014, 02:29:30 pm

We didn't win one SEC with BA! I hope for the best but Brandon hasn't got it done Allen is the QB. Maybe the rest of us can see what others see in BA. No knock on him but on the field he hasn't been very good. He showed improvement but close don't count in football.

whiskeyNwater2.0

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 24, 2014, 02:29:30 pm

Did you see our offense last year when we didn't have Brandon Allen? Our current backup TE was our #2  and we had Austin Allen on campus. Without Brandon Allen the defense was able to put all 11 in the box. It was embarassing

whiskeyNwater2.0

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 24, 2014, 02:46:12 pm
We didn't win one SEC with BA! I hope for the best but Brandon hasn't got it done Allen is the QB. Maybe the rest of us can see what others see in BA. No knock on him but on the field he hasn't been very good. He showed improvement but close don't count in football.

I don't think his comment was an endorsement of Brandon Allen as much as it was a vote of no confidence in the QB's we have behind him.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 24, 2014, 02:28:02 pm
Are you absolutely positive that you didn't mistakenly leave at "t" out of your moniker? You know as in: LetsTroll.

It's Letsroll! It's time to get going!!! I'm not trying to Troll but I don't know what games did you watch from last year. We had Florida and Miss State but QB play hurt us bad.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 24, 2014, 02:46:12 pm
What an astounding observation about us not winning a league game with B.A. last season! Not sure anyone wasn't already well aware of that. Be that as it may, the fact that he WAS injured for the better part of the season (last nine games) AND even at best the WR core was pedestrian, to put it mildly, those factor just MIGHT have had something to do with his struggles. Besides, with another year to learn the offense, a year more of maturity, hopefully even better OL play, AND a group of (apparently) upgraded receivers it's just POSSIBLE Brandon just MIGHT pleasantly surprise a lot of Hog fans. BTW "close" can count and make a huge difference if some of the other factors fall into place. In any event it should be interesting to watch and see the results.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 24, 2014, 02:52:12 pm
It's Letsroll! It's time to get going!!! I'm not trying to Troll but I don't know what games did you watch from last year. We had Florida and Miss State but QB play hurt us bad.
As I said, it's LetsTroll. I knew I had it right!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: whiskeyNwater2.0 on August 24, 2014, 02:46:59 pm
Did you see our offense last year when we didn't have Brandon Allen? Our current backup TE was our #2  and we had Austin Allen on campus. Without Brandon Allen the defense was able to put all 11 in the box. It was embarassing

They packed the box with Allen. I blame Bert BigMan Bielema for lack of depth at QB last season. He lost games by having BM to transfer. I like his plan because I see where he is trying to do on offense. He is going to learn if you want to win in this league at Arkansas you better find a QB.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 24, 2014, 02:54:54 pm
What an astounding observation about us not winning a league game with B.A. last season! Not sure anyone wasn't already well aware of that. Be that as it may, the fact that he WAS injured for the better part of the season (last nine games) AND even at best the WR core was pedestrian, to put it mildly, those factor just MIGHT have had something to do with his struggles. Besides, with another year to learn the offense, a year more of maturity, hopefully even better OL play, AND a group of (apparently) upgraded receivers it's just POSSIBLE Brandon just MIGHT pleasantly surprise a lot of Hog fans. BTW "close" can count and make a huge difference if some of the other factors fall into place. In any event it should be interesting to watch and see the results.

Great Post(excuses)!  I will be watching and cheering for BA to have breakout year. If he don't I want be surprised bit if he does the hogs will surprise the league.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 24, 2014, 03:02:33 pm
Great Post(excuses)!  I will be watching and cheering for BA to have breakout year. If he don't I want be surprised bit if he does the hogs will surprise the league.
Excuses?! Sorry if the FACTS of last year appear to you as such. Look, I don't know of anyone who honestly thinks B.A. is a likely future P. Manning or Tom Brady. However, to say that he has NO potential for improvement in either his decision making and/or overall performance isn't being realistic either. To also ignore the fact he wasn't healthy for at least 2/3 of the season and had no real noticeable talent at WR is also ignoring reality. Sorry it those factors apparently don't fit your preconceived notion or angst about the young man. All I'm trying to do is give him the benefit of the doubt. That another year in the system, continued great OL play, maturity, and a more talented WR corp may actually give him a legitimate chance to prove himself a worthy enough signal caller is IMO not at all outside the realm of possibility. 

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 24, 2014, 03:14:38 pm
Excuses?! Sorry if the FACTS of last year appear to you as such. Look, I don't know of anyone who honestly thinks B.A. is a likely future P. Manning or Tom Brady. However, to say that he has NO potential for improvement in either his decision making and/or overall performance isn't being realistic either. To also ignore the fact he wasn't healthy for at least 2/3 of the season and had no real noticeable talent at WR is also ignoring reality. Sorry it those factors apparently don't fit your preconceived notion or angst about the young man. All I'm trying to do is give him the benefit of the doubt. That another year in the system, continued great OL play, maturity, and a more talented WR corp may actually give him a legitimate chance to prove himself a worthy enough signal caller is IMO not at all outside the realm of possibility.

You are spot on and I think your assessment  of the current state of BA may be right. Right or wrong I stop believing in BA after the ULM game in Little Rock. We had a three touchdown lead and got beat. I think BA will be able to manage a game but when teams pressure him he is prone to get happy feet/head down. I think he can bounce back but I waiting to see it.

Biggus Piggus

Hurt QB with no backup hurt us. Let's get that straight. Anybody who claims BA won't be improved when healthy is deliberately hating on him. Can you say "BAN HAMMER."
[CENSORED]!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 24, 2014, 10:43:53 pm
Didn't AA just go 10 for 21 with 2 picks in the last scrimmage, and then was named our #2? Man that's rough. If Storey isn't better than that then... .

Why do people make the assumption that nobody ever improves?  Seriously.  And what makes anyone think a freshman is going to come in and take everybody's job?  That is the epitomy of foolishness. 

Storey is a good QB.  He might be great.  But that doesn't mean he will come in here and be a superstar from day 1. 

You are judging Austin from a single scrimmage?  That's smart.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Also, Austin was facing our #1 defense in said scrimmage if I'm not mistaken. 

HF#1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 24, 2014, 10:49:41 pm
No, I'm judging by our qb play from last season, and he is still behind that, obviously.

Our hurt QB? 

HF#1

I guess you think our problem last year was at QB?

HF#1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 24, 2014, 10:52:46 pm
ok, not to start a pissing match, but have you seen our defense play the last 4 years? Our secondary has rarely been in the same zipcode as the receivers. Hard for me to believe they have improved that much.

Ok, even if he just had a bad scrimmage that's an indicator of how he will play a year, two years from now?

HF#1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 24, 2014, 10:54:36 pm
Problem was at qb, receivers, and secondary last year.

We could have had Tyler Wilson at QB and still lost 9 games. 

redeye

While he was talking up Alex Collins, they were showing highlights of Collins' running the ball.  Two of them ended with Collins fumbling the ball and none showed him scoring a TD.  Some highlight video, ESPN.

I BLEED RBack RED

Quote from: redeye on August 24, 2014, 11:48:53 pm
While he was talking up Alex Collins, they were showing highlights of Collins' running the ball.  Two of them ended with Collins fumbling the ball and none showed him scoring a TD.  Some highlight video, ESPN.
I just seen that!! What the frick!!!!! Subliminal hog hatin'!
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

arkfan81

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 24, 2014, 06:21:33 pm
Hurt QB with no backup hurt us. Let's get that straight. Anybody who claims BA won't be improved when healthy is deliberately hating on him. Can you say "BAN HAMMER."

This. People need to realize a dis-located or separated shoulder doesn't heal over night. Last season is over and this is new year.

Have faith...

arkfan81

Have faith...

Hoggish1

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 22, 2014, 11:31:49 pm
We played so bad last year that people can't get the picture of 52-0 and 52-7 in consecutive weeks out of their minds.  I seriously doubt booger knows who korliss, skipper, Kirkland, etc are.  The guys a DA for sure.  Despite this fact, I doubt we will be favored outside of the 3 OOC home games he had us winning.  That's ok, let em all overlook us.

The fact he didn't mention Kirkland when he talked of the O-line says all anybody needs to know about his understanding of football.  He's a DA booger...

Pig Power

Anyone that goes by the name Booger isn't right in the head! You just can't fix stupid!

jbcarol

Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS  ·  1h
Just watched Brent Musburger throw it to "Booger" McFarland. So my night has peaked.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Booger: I love what Arkansas did along the line of scrimmage.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net