Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Says Hogs to Earn Success a Play at a Time

Started by Mike Irwin, August 22, 2014, 10:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

SPRINGDALE-University of Arkansas Director of Athletics Jeff Long got choked up more than once at Friday's Razorback Football Kickoff Luncheon trying to explain the closeness of his relationship with head coach Brett Bielema.

"Bret, you've made-I'm going to get choked up again-excuse me. You've made football, being around the football program fun again. So thank you for that. Go Hogs," Long said in front of a sellout crowd at the Springdale Convention Center.

There were some lighter moments as well as each Razorback player was introduced to the crowd by one of his teammates.

Junior tight end Alex Voelzke struggled to acknowledge a hard hitting member of the defense, telling fans, "As you can see I lost my voice throughout camp. I'm introducing Martrell Spaight. He plays linebacker for us."

Spaight then strolled onto the stage and in a perfect imitation of his raspy-voiced teammate said, "Thank you Voelzke."
-------------
To read the rest of the story and to view the video version click on the link below:

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/bielema-says-hogs-to-earn-success-a-play-at-a-time/12596/RY-yCaYLjkmElkk2TAVO1Q

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.