Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Babb?

Started by popcornhog, August 22, 2014, 02:02:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Nasty 34

Durham has arguably more college basketball experience than Bell does, so he would get the nod even if wanting the experienced line up.

mhuff

August 28, 2014, 03:33:02 pm #51 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:55:08 pm by mhuff
Quote from: onebadrubi on August 23, 2014, 04:08:15 pm
What will be missed from coty is that crucial three he would pull off out of no where when we needed it.

I believe you are right on Durham. He shot 50% last year and 44.1% from 3P land. The only thing I saw was a need to have perhaps a better AT ratio. It was nearly 2:1. Hey 2:1 is excellent ,but I want to see some Mayberry numbers. I believe he was about 3:1.   ;D  Also, I am interested in seeing how well he pushes the ball down the court and distributes it.

popcornhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 24, 2014, 11:15:54 am
Lot of chatter that Durham has been impressive with how well he's gelled thus far. I would expect him to start the first game of the season.

If he really is ready that would be great.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on August 28, 2014, 03:58:33 pm
If he really is ready that would be great.

Would make me feel much  better on that SMU pick you stuck me with! ha

mhuff

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on August 24, 2014, 12:19:12 pm
Durham has arguably more college basketball experience than Bell does, so he would get the nod even if wanting the experienced line up.

Got a feeling Durham has a gear that Bell does not possess.

onebadrubi

Quote from: mhuff on August 29, 2014, 04:08:59 pm
Got a feeling Durham has a gear that Bell does not possess.

Saying with the ball, off the ball, D, what you getting at here?  I am anxious to know because I know so little about Durham. 

Wasn't the conclusion on bell that he was going to be great 4 year player and was a position of huge need for us (guard).

mhuff

Sorry, I have been traveling today. I know little about him as well. Everything comes from having read about him. Some time ago I read that he was really fast. That translates to me that he will operate well in transition. I believe he will start as PG.

I feel Bell is improving but the numbers tell the tale. I am disappointed and feel some of the newcomers will cut into his PT by out shooting him.