Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hjlate Froholdt update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 22, 2014, 12:15:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Good deal.  Hope Smith and Segrest can convince him not to take any other visits.

Hell, put Pittman on him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ldfergu

Quote from: Wildhog on August 22, 2014, 12:33:49 pm
Good deal.  Hope Smith and Segrest can convince him not to take any other visits.

Hell, put Pittman on him.

Don't be worried about Froholdt.  Everything he says to what he posts on YouTube confirms he's all hog.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Froholdt er 100% Hog, I skal ikke være bange for at han skifter til an anden skole.  :)

SquidBilly

We need to just offer his brother and get it over with.  Even if Lars isn't SEC starter type material he could still prove to be valuable to the team.

Hoggish1

Looks like he's added 25 LBS or so...

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on August 22, 2014, 01:21:39 pm
We need to just offer his brother and get it over with.  Even if Lars isn't SEC starter type material he could still prove to be valuable to the team.

Lars needs to play in the US to get properly evaluated. He also needs IMO to get an offer from us but be recruited as an athlete. When Hjalte's recruitment started Lars was a TE now he is a lineman. Maybe this is not his optimal position/weight. I say, get him, let the coaches try him at different positions, let Herb get his body up/down to his best possible weight/athleticism ratio and see what happens.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 22, 2014, 02:12:44 pm
Lars needs to play in the US to get properly evaluated. He also needs IMO to get an offer from us but be recruited as an athlete. When Hjalte's recruitment started Lars was a TE now he is a lineman. Maybe this is not his optimal position/weight. I say, get him, let the coaches try him at different positions, let Herb get his body up/down to his best possible weight/athleticism ratio and see what happens.

I have not seen the brother's video. He is clearly smaller than Hijlate. Would FB be out of the question?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ShadowTheHedgehog

I think that the coaches will really have to evaluate where/how to use Lars. It is no secret that Denmark is way weaker than the US when it comes to (American) Football. For that reason one important question is of course if Lars is even good enough to even make the team.

One thing that IMO may help Lars, is that in Denmark football/sports are not done at a school/college levels but at a club level. This means that you pay your fee and get to actually play/practice/learn with a dedicated group of coaches that teach you how to play the game at the level where you are and then send you up the chain to next level, until you are eventually deemed to be good enough to play on the actual team.

This means that Lars has been working all year round for years improving his skills with a group of coaches that are not restricted by any (NCAA) rules dictating how much they can practice or when they can practice.

I still think that if Lars really wants to do this he should come to the US as an exchange student and play here for a year.

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 22, 2014, 03:15:06 pm
I have not seen the brother's video. He is clearly smaller than Hijlate. Would FB be out of the question?

We're always looking for that fourth scholarship FB.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

titanhawg

But Lars is 20 years old.  He would more than likely have to do JUCO, right?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wildhog on August 22, 2014, 03:53:22 pm
We're always looking for that fourth scholarship FB.

Hmm, maybe. I would suggest that we are still looking for a full-timer to really earn the spot. Certainly don't need to keep throwing last-minute scholies at the spot.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PygmalionEffect

I'm really excited about Hjlate committing to us.  He is going to be so much fun to watch over the next 3-4 years.

I think he will be a disruptive force inside, even at the SEC level. 

Just think, him and Bijhon on the inside, wow!
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

jjdlc

Quote from: titanhawg on August 22, 2014, 05:03:03 pm
But Lars is 20 years old.  He would more than likely have to do JUCO, right?
This appears to be the primary problem, he is too old to enroll in high school, and doesn't have certain classes needed to enroll in D1, so he will have to enroll in a JUCO.  I get the impression our coaches are very much on top of the situation.

WorfHog

Quote from: jjdlc on August 23, 2014, 08:25:47 am
This appears to be the primary problem, he is too old to enroll in high school, and doesn't have certain classes needed to enroll in D1, so he will have to enroll in a JUCO.  I get the impression our coaches are very much on top of the situation.

In one of their video they mentioned that Coach B was working some of his connections in the JUCO's to try and find Lars a spot. Sounds like, from the article, that Lars has options and Hjlate will accompany him on some visits to JUCO's.

Also the name of the Danish National Team that Lars and Hjlate played on was Gold Diggers, not the IMG team.

I know Hjalte will be a beast and I think with a year of JUCO Lars could be a really good addition to the team. They're both great kids from what I can tell for their youtube stuff and the things that Hjalte has said to RD and others.

ImHogginIt

He's playing right now against Godby HS on Sun Sports Channel and some Fox Sports Channels

Music City Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 23, 2014, 06:49:26 pm
He's playing right now against Godby HS on Sun Sports Channel and some Fox Sports Channels

My channel says his game is on, but they are showing twins vs tigers.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 23, 2014, 07:14:36 pm
My channel says his game is on, but they are showing twins vs tigers.

I'm taping it to watch later. Gotta watch NASCAR right now

bruisemeister

I know High Schoolers play on Fridays but we need to get him in for a visit for the Georgia game. The night before, Denmark's own Volbeat is playing at Verizon.

PorkerOinker

How did he end up at IMG? Was he not in Ohio last year?
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

titanhawg

Quote from: PorkerOinker on August 24, 2014, 09:20:40 pm
How did he end up at IMG? Was he not in Ohio last year?

Not sure how he got into IMG, but he in Ohio his Sophomore year.  He stayed in Denmark last year.

nwahogfan1

HE is a huge commitment.  I love our coaches at recruiting so I think he will be a Hog.

Nice of our coaches to be helping his brother Lars find a school.