Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if we had a radio talk show solely centered torwards Hogville?

Started by Ben, August 21, 2014, 04:06:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 22, 2014, 07:14:48 pm
If you go to www.1190thefan.com and click listen live it should work.  Tunein should be up and running next week.

thanks UU, never listened before but ill check it out
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 22, 2014, 07:13:35 pm
That is a must.  Call out other posters.  Gently.
Gently would defeat the purpose.  Maybe you could get a channel on Sirius.

Dr. Starcs

I've "ben" shuttering ever since I heard the word "gently" in reference to a radio show.

Sonny Atkins

Would love to join Jay Jones and bring Hogville Cafe back.

Athog

Quote from: Ben on August 21, 2014, 04:06:51 pm
Like if there were discussions on radio based off different topics, threads and the comments on here.
It would be a roller coaster definitely, especially if they call out some posters. But it would be quite entertaining and different. They would never run out of material

Please no.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 22, 2014, 08:25:58 pm
I've "ben" shuttering ever since I heard the word "gently" in reference to a radio show.

I see what you did there.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Lanny

You guys need to ask Ugly Uncle to set aside a day for Hogville Radio on his weekly show.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Randy Johnson

Quote from: Lanny on August 23, 2014, 07:15:28 am
You guys need to ask Ugly Uncle to set aside a day for Hogville Radio on his weekly show.

About the only thing that would be interesting to radio folks would be the posts that were banned! :)  Pro Razorback stuff would not get as many phone calls. The times when talk shows light up the phone lines is when you say something outrageous.

lefty08

Quote from: RazorWorld on August 23, 2014, 07:35:58 am
About the only thing that would be interesting to radio folks would be the posts that were banned! :)  Pro Razorback stuff would not get as many phone calls. The times when talk shows light up the phone lines is when you say something outrageous.

I think for some of us just hearing any sort of razorback talk is what we want. When the actual season starts all the outrageous stuff doesnt work anymore
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Augustus

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 22, 2014, 08:25:58 pm

+1  Well done, Sir.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Hawgey-Davidson

UU, this would/will get me to tune in. I typically dont. Giggling interns and the show in general never really appealed to me but I think you guys may see a spike in listenership. For me I will be tuned in. Can you give us Hogvillians any insight as to your format tomorrow? Good luck breaking new ground on your show.

Dr. Starcs

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 26, 2014, 05:28:26 pm
I'm gonna try to tune in. What times?

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on August 26, 2014, 04:20:17 pm
UU, this would/will get me to tune in. I typically dont. Giggling interns and the show in general never really appealed to me but I think you guys may see a spike in listenership. For me I will be tuned in. Can you give us Hogvillians any insight as to your format tomorrow? Good luck breaking new ground on your show.

The show will be on from 2-4 pm.

You can listen online at www.1190thefan.com

There is a link to watch live up there in the corner of the hogville page.

We will have former Razorback CJ McClain on the show with us tomorrow.

We will talk about the threads here on Hogville, some of the posters and topics that are covered here. 

We invite you to call in toll free:  877.496.1190.

As for giggling interns, I'm an intern down right now so we are a little short on that.
Retired Radio Host

chenalhog

Quote from: Ben on August 21, 2014, 04:06:51 pm
Like if there were discussions on radio based off different topics, threads and the comments on here.
It would be a roller coaster definitely, especially if they call out some posters. But it would be quite entertaining and different. They would never run out of material
they have about 500 listeners

JJHog

It would have to have a bleep button if its anything like the article
Recently written. Stay classy guys.
" Think Right, Do Right"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 21, 2014, 04:27:26 pm
We used to have Hogville Cafe.  It was pretty cool.

I should devote 1 day a week to being totally Hogville.  I think that would be fun and interesting.

I miss the Hogville Cafe and I got to make a single studio appearance when they were in the Channel 4 building in Little Rock.  I miss Jay Jones.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2014, 10:03:46 am
I miss the Hogville Cafe and I got to make a single studio appearance when they were in the Channel 4 building in Little Rock.  I miss Jay Jones.

Delta, we miss you calling in.
Retired Radio Host

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

bigbadhog

I would love to hear the voices of some of the posters on here.  I think it would be very telling...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 21, 2014, 05:43:26 pm
What do you guys think about "Hogville Humpday" every Wednesday?

The whole show from 2-4pm will be about Hogville threads, posters and post.

Thoughts?

That would be cool.

LZH

Quote from: bigbadhog on August 27, 2014, 11:59:30 am
I would love to hear the voices of some of the posters on here.  I think it would be very telling...

Everyone disguise their voice as Pee Wee Herman..........then the out-of-staters can REALLY call us cray cray.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on August 27, 2014, 01:54:22 pm
Everyone disguise their voice as Pee Wee Herman..........then the out-of-staters can REALLY call us cray cray.
Helium!

Ugly Uncle

We are on now...give us a listen.  We will do this every Wednesday.
Retired Radio Host

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PennHOG

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 27, 2014, 03:31:29 pm
We are on now...give us a listen.  We will do this every Wednesday.

Record it and put it on iTunes for people to download so people can listen to it outside of work.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Biggus Piggus

I think we have an answer to the original question. The answer is no one would show up.

Probably would be more activity if the show were in the evening.
[CENSORED]!

Ugly Uncle

We are going to keep doing Hogville Humpday every Wednesday.  It will keep growing.
Retired Radio Host

PonderinHog