Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Word on the skreet is that Nick Marshall will miss the..............

Started by oxbaker, August 21, 2014, 08:33:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oxbaker

first series of the AUBURN vs arkansas game.  Stiff punishment from Gus for the young man getting a ticket.  #doingthingstherightway #family.

trashcan maN

Auburn fans were saying first half yesterday.

I'd rather face Marshall than Johnson. I scare of their WR

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

NaturalStateReb

Well, it appears that Gus and Dale have at least one thing in common:  they're in the helping people business.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

The_Iceman

trashcan maN

Quote from: oxbaker on August 21, 2014, 08:35:26 am
They must be on a different skreet than me.
Bruh, you wanna go grab some steak and skrempf and talk it out?

popcornhog

Quote from: oxbaker on August 21, 2014, 08:33:26 am
first series of the AUBURN vs arkansas game.  Stiff punishment from Gus for the young man getting a ticket.  #doingthingstherightway #family.

Minor punishment for a minor crime. This is about what Id expect. Although I'd been hearing people say that Gus was gonna come down hard and suspend him for the whole half to make an example.

Either way, I hope we pull something out of our collective ass and beat y'all.
WPS

trashcan maN

Quote from: popcornhog on August 21, 2014, 08:42:59 am
Minor punishment for a minor crime. This is about what Id expect. Although I'd been hearing people say that Gus was gonna come down hard and suspend him for the whole half to make an example.

Either way, I hope we pull something out of our collective ass and beat y'all.
Didn't JW and AC have to miss the first quarter of a game for being late to a workout?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

RyeHogFan

RyeHogFan

ldfergu

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 21, 2014, 08:43:50 am
Didn't JW and AC have to miss the first quarter of a game for being late to a workout?

Can't remember if it was a workout or a meeting.. and it seems like it was an entire half??

PorkRinds

#allowedtotroll

onebadrubi

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 21, 2014, 08:43:50 am

Difference in coaching staffs.  Beliema is coaching young football players in grown men that will succeed in everything they do, all 85 players, plus as addition 25 or so walk ons.  Gus on the other hand, will make 1 kid as a time a little bit of money with a rap sheet

The Hogfather

Hope so.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 21, 2014, 08:51:27 am
Can't remember if it was a workout or a meeting.. and it seems like it was an entire half??

See the difference there? Our guys just show up late and have to miss an entire half where Marshall gets a ticket for POT and only misses the first series. Had one of our guys done that they would more than likely be suspended for the game or two especially if they had previous problems (like being dismissed from another team).

Dropkick

Did Marshall get to keep signing bonus or is there language in his agreement pertaining to drug use?

Cobbler

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 21, 2014, 09:00:47 am
See the difference there? Our guys just show up late and have to miss an entire half where Marshall gets a ticket for POT and only misses the first series. Had one of our guys done that they would more than likely be suspended for the game or two especially if they had previous problems (like being dismissed from another team).

Williams and Collins only missed the first quarter.

The_Iceman

I was looking at highlights of last years game against Auburn:
-in the first quarter we had a dropped long TD pass from Allen to Herndon
-an INT and Fumble by Derby when Brandon went out
-then, we did a stupid onside kick to start the second that was recovered by Auburn
-we got stuffed at the goal-line twice (which I doubt will ever happen again under Bielema/Pittman).
-a severely underthrown ball by Marshall went for an 80-yeard TD.
-a fumble by Marshall was recovered by Auburn when we had guys all around it.

And we were playing a true freshman MLB against the best running team in the league. We lost 35-17, but I could see us gaining on that spread real fast next season.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 21, 2014, 08:46:53 am
I wouldn't call this a good source of information.
Actually if I didn't know Oxbaker's posting history as well as I do I would have thought he was being sarcastic and was poking fun at his own coach but we know that is not the case don't we? Seems Oxbaker is proud of low life shenanigans. As for me I have always liked Gus but getting on a radio station with Nutt like he did and being as untruthful as he was just ripped it for me. Some say well the coaching fraternity takes care of it's own but that may be well and good but Gus could have just refused to go on the show and say nothing and kept what's left of his integrity intact. He sold out as far as I am concerned. Gus has abandoned the Lou Holtz do right rule.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

razorbackkid

I heard he'd not be allowed to witness the coin toss.

I guess Gus is tougher than I thought.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

cosmodrum

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 21, 2014, 12:13:07 pm
I heard he'd not be allowed to witness the coin toss.

I guess Gus is tougher than I thought.

Garnishing his paycheck for 1 series, too. Poor kiddo.
Go away, batin'

NoNC4Tubs

That sends a powerful message to the team.......... 8)

;)

HyperDrive

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

HyperDrive

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

DOGALUM

Quote from: oxbaker on August 21, 2014, 01:07:47 pm
Truth be known, I think Gus planted that weed on the kid so he would not have to take him to SEC media days. 
I'll bet Kristi was PISSED when she found out Gus took her stash.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 21, 2014, 10:00:21 am
Actually if I didn't know Oxbaker's posting history as well as I do I would have thought he was being sarcastic and was poking fun at his own coach but we know that is not the case don't we? Seems Oxbaker is proud of low life shenanigans. As for me I have always liked Gus but getting on a radio station with Nutt like he did and being as untruthful as he was just ripped it for me. Some say well the coaching fraternity takes care of it's own but that may be well and good but Gus could have just refused to go on the show and say nothing and kept what's left of his integrity intact. He sold out as far as I am concerned. Gus has abandoned the Lou Holtz do right rule.

What Malzahn did -- helping Nutt gloss over the egregious wrongs that led to Nutt's downfall at Arkansas -- is indefensible. I don't care, Gus Malzahn, what justification you give. You lied. You didn't forgive. You threw people who believed in you under the bus. You are a liar now. You didn't have to lie. Why did you choose being a liar?

Pretty hard for me to hold all that against Nutt anymore. Malzahn proved he deserved it.
[CENSORED]!

cosmodrum

Quote from: oxbaker on August 21, 2014, 01:07:47 pm
Truth be known, I think Gus planted that weed on the kid so he would not have to take him to SEC media days. 

Depends...what it reggie or nugs? Nugs says Gus. No way he's burning shwag.
Go away, batin'

Vantage 8 dude

IF he actually misses ANY time it would be a major penalty given St. Gus' past standards.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 21, 2014, 01:29:36 pm
What Malzahn did -- helping Nutt gloss over the egregious wrongs that led to Nutt's downfall at Arkansas -- is indefensible. I don't care, Gus Malzahn, what justification you give. You lied. You didn't forgive. You threw people who believed in you under the bus. You are a liar now. You didn't have to lie. Why did you choose being a liar?

Pretty hard for me to hold all that against Nutt anymore. Malzahn proved he deserved it.

at the end of the day, Malzahn is what many of him label him to be....an opportunists.   Not speaking up publically in 2006 has always been glossed over by the Malzahn apologists.  I've always had an issue with it.  In my mind, you don't allow people that you "supposedly" care about receive abuse.  He had an obligation as their former high school coach to watch out for those kids and didn't.  He had an opportunity again during the interview to set the record straight once and for all but didn't.  He is a perfect fit for the culture at Auburn.  I hope they lose every freaking game
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Steef

I find it refreshing that Ox would finally admit he's a street person.