Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J-Will Returns, Hog Coaches Start Auburn Game Plan Installation

Started by Mike Irwin, August 20, 2014, 10:27:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE--Razorbacks offensive coordinator Jim Chaney had a big smile on his face when he emerged from Wednesday's practice. The players have been more focused this week, he said pointing out that the end of pre-season camp coupled with the installation of an actual game plan has made his job easier.

"We had a lot of fun out there," Chaney bubbled. "A lot of energy. It was a neat deal. We put a little bit of the game plan in. They got excited about that. The kids always lock back in about this time. Even though they're dead tired they actually quit thinking about how tired they are and start thinking about the opponent."

No game plan is complete without a proper simulation of the opponent. The players who provide that service used to be called a scout team. These days coaches and players refer to it as "the look" team.

"Auburn has a lot of different defenses," junior quarterback Brandon Allen noted. ""They throw a lot of different things at you. I thought the look team today did a great job of showing their coverages and their blitzes. That's very important for an offense, when you don't get to practice against Auburn, you've got to practice against a look team that has to be very similar to them."
-------------
To read the rest of the story and to view the video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/j-will-returns-hog-coaches-start-auburn-game-plan/17341/ouJ4oCTcg0ugEBu9anzj9Q

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogeration

Jamie Jones

I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

razorbackkid

I am so ready for football season.  Tick tock..tick tock.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorjacket43

Let's just hope the look team are not the guys in the snack line buying up all the ho ho's. with the sarcasm out of the way it will be hard for any team to duplicate aww darn's speed
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

Brado Dickey

Mike, thanks for your generic, old guy observations.  We enjoy them.