Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 20, 2014, 12:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LAHogfan123

August 20, 2014, 02:01:41 pm #1 Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:43:55 pm by LAHogfan123
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first with Coach MA being hired as our Head Coach.  I knew the fans expectations of seeing Nolan's success here being duplicated would be a rough row to hoe for CMA.  And so far its been like taking baby steps, a slow steady climb, getting a little better each year.  But I wasn't as concerned with Mike as I was his staff when it came to recruiting.  But now, it seems as though his additions to his staff has paid off and by landing Whitt yesterday, having a good chance of getting Dime, and if he can keep Monk here, we will be good to go after our current group moves on. 

By the way, I'm not meaning to take anything away from our current players, I think they will take us to our 1st NCAA appearance in years and wouldn't be surprised if we made it to the sweet 16 this coming season.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on August 20, 2014, 02:01:41 pm
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first with Coach MA being hired as our Head Coach.  I knew the fans expectations of seeing Nolan's success here being duplicated would be a rough row to hoe for CMA.  And so far its been like taking baby steps, a slow steady climb, getting a little better each year.  But I wasn't as concerned with Mike as I was his staff when it came to recruiting.  But now, it seems as though his additions to his staff has paid off and by landing  Shift yesterday, having a good chance of getting Dime, and if he can keep Monk here, we will be good to go after our current group moves on. 

By the way, I'm not meaning to take anything away from our current players, I think they will take us to our 1st NCAA appearance in years and wouldn't be surprised if we made it to the sweet 16 this coming season.

I think you meant to say Whitt...But we will need more than Monk in the 2016 class. We will have six spots to fill.

However, I wouldnt be surprised either with a nice run in NCAA. Barring any complications-God forbid!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

LAHogfan123

Lol, yeah I did, but if I hit one letter wrong on this notepad, all bets are off to what word it's going to replace it with.  Thanks for catching it for me.

HawgnCorona

Oh no worries. Im sure it was just as you say...And even if it weren't, so what?! It wasnt difficult to figure it out.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 20, 2014, 02:13:56 pm
I think you meant to say Whitt...But we will need more than Monk in the 2016 class. We will have six spots to fill.

However, I wouldnt be surprised either with a nice run in NCAA. Barring any complications-God forbid!

I don't think we need to worry who else comes if Monk comes here.  If Monk commits to the UofA at least one other top player will say daaam and end up here as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgnCorona

Oh without a doubt...We got some really good one with offers. Lets hope Monk comes on board. Whitt as well. Im sure that got Monks attention too...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 20, 2014, 05:48:13 pm
Oh without a doubt...We got some really good one with offers. Lets hope Monk comes on board. Whitt as well. Im sure that got Monks attention too...
Well Monk is now following Whitt on Twitter ...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgnCorona

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 20, 2014, 08:32:58 pm
Well Monk is now following Whitt on Twitter ...

You gotta like the synergy of all of this...Im thinking the domino effect. Who is next! :)

jgphillips3

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 21, 2014, 06:44:53 am
You gotta like the synergy of all of this...Im thinking the domino effect. Who is next! :)

Yep.  You add Monk to Whitt plus another great one and we may have Anderdon's version of the MayDay class.

SemperFi

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 21, 2014, 10:04:47 am
Yep.  You add Monk to Whitt plus another great one and we may have Anderdon's version of the MayDay class.

This is what I'm holding out hope for. I remember those days like they were yesterday. We need more than just Whitt, although Monk would be a monster get if he'll commit to the Hogs, which might drive another high level recruit or two to pull the trigger as well. The domino's would definitely start falling in the right direction if that were to happen.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Tim

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 21, 2014, 10:04:47 am
They're different classes.  Monk is 2016