Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caught this on one of my game cameras

Started by ChromDome35, August 20, 2014, 10:31:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromDome35

We own property in Madison county.  I have several food plots and cameras scattered about.

This past weekend I was checking the pictures on the cameras and found this.  First time I've ever had bears show up before.

Ignore the date/time it's wrong

FaytownHog

Good ole Arkansas black bear. I've seen a couple that have been hunted/killed by bow down in Logan county. Then of course they've had one or two youngsters get lost looking for food coming into Fayetteville a couple years ago.

hawgwild child

I've got about 7 at my place now. I take one every year.  I designate a spot for them though.  You should try and take one

pigture perfect

That's awesome. I've always wanted to take one with a bow.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tophawg19

those cubs could be trouble come deer season. i'd say carry a hand gun with you when going to the stand in the AM
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgwild child

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 20, 2014, 03:53:39 pm
those cubs could be trouble come deer season. i'd say carry a hand gun with you when going to the stand in the AM
You aint lying.  2 years ago in pitch black we had one running all around us breaking limbs and growling at us.  I would say so far as getting withing 15 ft of us. And we did have a handgun. Scariest thing ever happened to me getting to a stand

ifghog

I must say here in Garland county they are really becoming quite numerous. I have up over 10 games cams on a 1,000 acre block of land I own and a 10,000 acre lease. They are 30 miles apart.  I have seen 9 bears. 3 on my own land and 6 on my lease. Talking to some of my lease members they are getting the same thing. It will be a problem come deer season. Deer will not be around anywhere close to a bear. At least not in my experiences.

Wayne Watson

Speaking if bears, I got this in my weekly AGFC newsletter.

"Arkansas bear survey needs eyes in the field

LITTLE ROCK - The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission needs your help to determine the number and locations of black bears in bear zones 3 and 4 in southern Arkansas.

"We are soliciting public input from people who have photographs of black bears in those two zones," said Myron Means, the AGFC's bear program coordinator.

Zones 3 and 4 include all of Grant, Cleveland, Dallas, Nevada, Ouachita, Calhoun, Bradley, Drew, Ashley, Union, Columbia, Lafayette, Hempstead, Little River and Miller counties, as well as parts of Pulaski, Saline, Hot Spring, Clark, Pike, Howard, Sevier, Jefferson, Lincoln, Chicot and Desha counties.

"The AGFC needs photographs and GPS location information to assess abundance and distribution of the bear population in this part of the state," Means said. "Most of the land in this part of Arkansas is privately owned, so the AGFC does not have a large land base to conduct surveys for an accurate estimate of the population. We need documentable evidence and locations for sightings within the last year."

Means says the AGFC is trying to determine if the population's abundance and distribution have potential for hunting opportunities.

If you have photographs with GPS information taken within the last year, please send them to Means at myron.means@agfc.ar.gov by Nov. 30."
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

rickm1976

Pretty cool.  I couldn't shoot one unless it was trying to get me, but have nothing against those who hunt them.  About 5 years ago, I startled a big male while I was walking down an old logging road during black powder deer season.  He was about 25 yards away, and stomped the ground and clacked his teeth at me and put his head down and ears back.  I threw up my muzzle loader and was praying that I didn't miss with my one shot, and really didn't want to shoot him anyway even though it was bear season too.  He made a run at me for about 10 feet, and just before I was about to pull the trigger, he turned and tore the woods up getting away from me.  It was a good thing, because I was shaking so bad, I probably would have missed and then he would have eaten my lunch.  Since then, I always carry a handgun with me every time I go out in the woods especially during blackpowder season (legally - I have a CC permit).

HAWG MAFIA

Quote from: rickm1976 on August 22, 2014, 08:59:37 am
Pretty cool.  I couldn't shoot one unless it was trying to get me, but have nothing against those who hunt them.  About 5 years ago, I startled a big male while I was walking down an old logging road during black powder deer season.  He was about 25 yards away, and stomped the ground and clacked his teeth at me and put his head down and ears back.  I threw up my muzzle loader and was praying that I didn't miss with my one shot, and really didn't want to shoot him anyway even though it was bear season too.  He made a run at me for about 10 feet, and just before I was about to pull the trigger, he turned and tore the woods up getting away from me.  It was a good thing, because I was shaking so bad, I probably would have missed and then he would have eaten my lunch.  Since then, I always carry a handgun with me every time I go out in the woods especially during blackpowder season (legally - I have a CC permit).
That'll get your heart pumpin!!!!

covert

They are rough on my feeders.

[attachment deleted by admin]

rickm1976

Hog_One_Stop

Over size coon they tear up everything.  Can't put up feeder because of them .  I hate them

kodiakisland

Quote from: Hog_One_Stop on August 27, 2014, 04:16:10 pm
Over size coon they tear up everything.  Can't put up feeder because of them .  I hate them

The meat is good.  Start shooting them.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

onebadrubi

I'd love to shoot one, mount him, then have to buy a bigger house to store the mount.  Running out of room already. 

HogScoutMaster

That is the only thing really stopping me from taking the boys to white river and other southern parts of Arkansas.  Da Bears
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Pudgepork

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on August 22, 2014, 12:47:18 pm
That'll get your heart pumpin!!!!

so will your avatar.   lol   I ain't daid yet

Pudgepork

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on August 29, 2014, 01:38:25 pm
That is the only thing really stopping me from taking the boys to white river and other southern parts of Arkansas.  Da Bears

smart man.   I don't hunt the WRNR anymore but for years it seemed I couldn't go there without running  into the bear population

CallThemHawgs!

Just cute little guys, shoot one a year... looks like they are makin enough babies.

tophawg19

Quote from: Pudgepork on September 03, 2014, 01:21:50 pm
smart man.   I don't hunt the WRNR anymore but for years it seemed I couldn't go there without running  into the bear population
that area is filling up with them. not unusual to see a couple . One hunter had his lunch stolen out of his back pack during a nap. he was small game hunting and just had bird shot.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins