Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Allen released by UNC...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, August 19, 2014, 10:11:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

Quote from: redeye on August 20, 2014, 08:56:30 pm
Isn't that because spread offenses require faster, lighter OL players?  It seems like the better OL players always wanna play in a pro-style offense.

This is good for Arkansas, because if everyone's going to the spread, that means we should have better luck signing top OL players and that gives us a chance to excel by doing something different.
Most offensive lineman prefer to run block as you are attacking the DL vs pass block and you drop back and wait for DL to attack you.  Run spread offenses like Auburn and Arizona still have OL that try to attack the DL although not quite the same method as pro style, tailback offenses.  Pass spread offenses like WSU and Baylor have their linemen more on their heels. 

Oklahawg

No need to bump threads that are this old, especially to talk about UNC academics.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra