Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whitt Commits to Hogs (Video of announcement and interviews)

Started by Jason Carroll, August 19, 2014, 09:08:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Mike Anderson and the Razorback Basketball team picked up a big commitment from 2015 guard Jimmy Whitt out of Columbia, Missouri on Tuesday evening.  Whitt is a 6'4" combo guard who chose the Hogs over Missouri, Illinois and others and will be a part of the 2015 signing class for the Razorbacks.  Whitt is a four star and is the first player to commit to Mike Anderson for 2015.

Whitt is coming off a junior season in which he averaged just over 22 points a game, 5.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists and over four steals a game.

We have video of Whitt's announcement this afternoon as well as interviews with him, his mother and high school coach along with some video of him playing last season for Columbia (Hickman).

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/whitt-commits-to-hogs/15115/XWJM31WQkkWB0BXL3i2QhA

The Hogfather

Kid is awesome.  Seems like a very good kid and a hard worker.  Still developing and will end up being a great one for us.  Can't wait to watch his progression.

pigsooietim

This kid more than offsets Kevaugn Allen I would be willing to bet he has a much better college career as well.. Great job coach Anderson !! Keep em coming and pig sooie  :razorback:

TomBigBeeHog

The Whitt commit eases a lot of the Allen anxiety. I wanted Kevaughn to be a Hog because he is from here. But he is a Gator at heart so I wish him well. I honestly liked Whitt's game better though. I just didn't think we would be able to pull him away from Mizzery.

Thank goodness our staff made such a great impression on him and his parents. Hate to think we would still be scrambling to find a legit combo guard for our next class.

This kid is so smooth in transition. He makes great decisions instinctively at a fast pace. I love the way he strokes it from deep and mid range. He also finishes well at the hoop. I have been so impressed with his offensive game that I haven't really paid much attention to his defensive ability but I have heard some positive comments from others in that regard.

Having Whitt makes it much easier to say goodbye to Kevaughn with a heartfelt wish you well with no hard feelings.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TomBigBeeHog

Hope Whitt keeps working out to build up his frame a little. He looks thin in the videos. I saw in one of the interviews that he was working out with his brother everyday. Maybe he will add a little more muscle. Hope he has a great senior year.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.