Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now we get to see what Patrick Beverly can do in MA's system

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, August 19, 2014, 06:20:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

He has slightly better handles but doesn't quite have PB's length but that didn't prevent him from averaging 4.5 steals a game...

Enjoy the video: http://nextuprecruits.com/2014/08/19/jimmy-whitt-commits-to-arkansas-article-new-mixtape/
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

-Blu

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 19, 2014, 06:20:33 pm
He has slightly better handles but doesn't quite have PB's length but that didn't prevent him from averaging 4.5 steals a game...

Enjoy the video: http://nextuprecruits.com/2014/08/19/jimmy-whitt-commits-to-arkansas-article-new-mixtape/

Where's the mixtape at?  just seen an article with a couple old highlight dunks.

HawgAdvocate

Good comparison.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Rooster Hogburn

Thanks for the link +1

He got game
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

RazorAg

He has every bit the length that Pat had. Whitt has great length.

Hoggish1

Wow.  Gonna light up the SEC!  Is a superb shooter, has quick twitch moves, superb timing and jumping ability and great instinct with or without the ball...

Hawg Red

Not sure Whitt has the dog in him that Beverley has. And I only say that because I think most players don't have the kind of dog in them that Pat does.

LAHogfan123

Its a little early to compare him to Beverley, who at his position is one of the best defensive players in the League.  Pat's game is only going to get better, and I hope he makes and all star appearance soon, but that may not happen.

Paul

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 20, 2014, 09:02:38 am
Not sure Whitt has the dog in me that Beverley has. And I only say that because I think most players don't have the kind of dog in them that Pat does.
Agree

The_Iceman

I've got a pro-player comparison for Whitt...tell me what you think:

Elfrid Payton.

TheSportsGuy

better shooter than elfrid but good on other traits of his

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on August 20, 2014, 01:10:15 pm
better shooter than elfrid but good on other traits of his

Yeah, Elfrid is a little more explosive and Whitt is a better shooter. But size and other skills are similar.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 20, 2014, 01:12:47 pm
Yeah, Elfrid is a little more explosive and Whitt is a better shooter. But size and other skills are similar.

And hairstyle

But, I agree on the comparison. That's who I thought of while watching his highlights
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

-Blu

Quote from: Ray Piggers on August 20, 2014, 09:19:20 pm
And hairstyle

But, I agree on the comparison. That's who I thought of while watching his highlights

Nobody and I mean nobody has a hairstyle like Elfrid.  Whitt just has a fro, he's doing the Josh Childdress thing. I don't know what Elfrid Payton has or what you call it, I don't think anybody knows.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: -Blu on August 20, 2014, 09:24:30 pm
Nobody and I mean nobody has a hairstyle like Elfrid.  Whitt just has a fro, he's doing the Josh Childdress thing. I don't know what Elfrid Payton has or what you call it, I don't think anybody knows.

Otay

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

MB Hog

Wow!  That guy is a natural scorer.  He is going to be great in Mike's system.

ThisTeetsTaken

Jimmy is a "tall shooter".  Where he releases the ball is very high.  Great looking prospect IMO.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

rusvegashog

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 20, 2014, 09:02:38 am
Not sure Whitt has the dog in him that Beverley has. And I only say that because I think most players don't have the kind of dog in them that Pat does.
Could not have said it better.