Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some ESPN Love

Started by Hawg Red, August 19, 2014, 10:17:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

QuoteJay Williams ‏@RealJayWilliams 20m

5 Sleeper teams in the 2014-15 basketball season: Miami in the ACC, Georgia & Arkansas in the SEC, Utah in the PAC 12 & Minnesota. @ESPNCBB

cardsNhogs

Yeah I seen that tweet. Be nice if we can go from sleeper team to expected to win year in year out.

popcornhog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on August 19, 2014, 10:24:09 am
Yeah I seen that tweet. Be nice if we can go from sleeper team to expected to win year in year out.

Agreed. But when you've basically done nothing in 15 years, you'll take "sleeper" as a step in the right direction.

Man, it's felt to to actually feel like we're building toward success. This should be the legit springboard season.
WPS

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 19, 2014, 10:17:27 am

Outstanding. we are not a sleeper team in my opinion. we are going to be a heck of a team this coming year. our top 6 scorers are back. plus the guys we added in recruiting.great mix of vets and newcomers. this will be Mike's best team since he's been back here. GO HOGS.

All Bleed Red

Mike is doing an outstanding job. I'm finally excited and can't wait for bball season again. Plus his style is a blast to watch. Time to regain some bball respect this year!

porkinsons disease

August 20, 2014, 05:09:11 pm #6 Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:20:46 pm by porkinsons disease
Quote from: forrest city joe on August 19, 2014, 07:57:47 pm
Outstanding. we are not a sleeper team in my opinion. we are going to be a heck of a team this coming year. our top 6 scorers are back. plus the guys we added in recruiting.great mix of vets and newcomers. this will be Mike's best team since he's been back here. GO HOGS.
Coty Clarke gets to play one more year? Who knew? Regardless, this should be our best team sine Pel was shown the door.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

acepoker

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 20, 2014, 05:51:41 pm
He has been here how many years? How many NCAAT appearances?

We are finally a sleeper team, according to some ESPN nobody on Twitter..  yippie.. hang the banner..

OUTSTANDING job 

I wouldn't consider Jay Williams an ESPN nobody. He was a 2nd round draft pick by the Chicago Bulls. Not everyone has their jersey retired at Duke University. I think he knows basketball a lot more than he knows motorcycles.

If I recall, he was good friends with Gary Ervin and remember him watching a game or two at the Bud.

Hawg Red

Quote from: acepoker on August 21, 2014, 01:30:56 pm
I wouldn't consider Jay Williams an ESPN nobody. He was a 2nd round draft pick by the Chicago Bulls. Not everyone has their jersey retired at Duke University. I think he knows basketball a lot more than he knows motorcycles.

If I recall, he was good friends with Gary Ervin and remember him watching a game or two at the Bud.

You probably just misspoke, but he was actually the #2 overall pick in the 1st round by the Bulls.

And I agree that he isn't a nobody at ESPN. He's climbing the broadcast ranks there. Starting to become more and more prominent as a color analyst.

acepoker

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 21, 2014, 02:08:03 pm
You probably just misspoke, but he was actually the #2 overall pick in the 1st round by the Bulls.

And I agree that he isn't a nobody at ESPN. He's climbing the broadcast ranks there. Starting to become more and more prominent as a color analyst.

You're right Hawg Red. I meant to say 2nd overall pick. He has an abundance of bball knowledge.

Hawg Red

I think Anderson has done a pretty good job as the head coach of the Razorbacks. I would have to agree that he has not done an OUTSTANDING job. Can't have that description with no postseason in 3 years. All players are graduating, players are coming back into the state from other programs, recruiting is solid with the potential to explode and we've improved each season both on the court and in the win column. We just won 4 games away from BWA. I have honest and legitimate concerns about the system's ability to succeed long-term away from BWA, but Anderson, IMO, has us just a hair below where most figured we'd be by now, but we are steadily progressing. This is the year where has to meet EVERYONE'S expectations and make the NCAA tournament. I might even go so far as to say the vast majority of Hog fans are expecting at least 1 win there, too.

Things could be a little better, but they're not doing badly by any means. Just taking a little while longer to get there but there is evidence that we are, in fact, getting there.