Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger and Rory

Started by onebadrubi, August 18, 2014, 11:46:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Well I bet I'm not the only one to watch.  It had its funny moments.  Tiger looked way out of place, he also sounded like a Nike club salesman... Maybe his future gig? 

userpick

I thought Tiger was hilarious. John Daly once told me that Tiger is one of the funniest people he's ever met. Tiger was bashing himself which is something I never thought I'd see.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: userpick on August 18, 2014, 11:52:41 pm
I thought Tiger was hilarious. John Daly once told me that Tiger is one of the funniest people he's ever met. Tiger was bashing himself which is something I never thought I'd see.
Tiger is likely a super nice guy to hang out when he gets away from his competition....Tiger has been so consumed with holding up that facade of being the "Billy Bad Ass" golfer who looks to destroy any and all oppostion who gets in his way...And I believe, at least in a few Majors, the "tough guy" facade helped him win...now that much of Tiger's personal life and game have been exposed by injury and marital problems, I think Tiger will let his hair down and just become one of the guys...here's to hoping it makes Woods a happier person
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pulled(PP)pork

in before easttex....."he's a doosh nozzle"

PP

Jackrabbit Hog

I remember several years ago reading a column that Feherty had written for one of the golf magazines about hanging out with Tiger and what a funny guy he is.  Feherty said that they were playing one day and as Tiger teed his ball he said, "Hey Feherty, what do you call a black man flying an airplane?"  Feherty started thinking about all the possibilities but said, "Uh, I don't know."  Just as Tiger slammed his tee shot he said, "A pilot, you f#cking racist." 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

Oh I thought tiger was funny and also made fun of himself along with being a good sport with Fallon about Tigers issues. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on August 19, 2014, 02:16:00 am
in before easttex....."he's a doosh nozzle"

PP

Actually, in before Charles Barkley.  Or did you not read the article?

rickm1976

Quote from: userpick on August 18, 2014, 11:52:41 pm

A friend of mine played a couple years on the PGA tour before back problems ended his career.  He told me the same thing, and that Tiger was pretty well liked among his peers.  I'm still not a big fan, but I like him a lot better than some others.

EastexHawg

Quote from: rickm1976 on August 20, 2014, 08:33:43 am
A friend of mine played a couple years on the PGA tour before back problems ended his career.  He told me the same thing, and that Tiger was pretty well liked among his peers.  I'm still not a big fan, but I like him a lot better than some others.

Mark O'Meara and Steve Stricker are two.  I'd like to see a list of the rest.

Here's the Charles Barkley article I referenced in another thread:

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/07/charles-barkley-says-friendship-with-tiger-woods-is-over/

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 20, 2014, 12:32:30 pm

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/07/charles-barkley-says-friendship-with-tiger-woods-is-over/

He never mentions that Tiger isn't fun to be around. Only thing he says is that they aren't friends anymore. It happens.

EastexHawg

Quote from: clutch on August 20, 2014, 12:42:10 pm
He never mentions that Tiger isn't fun to be around. Only thing he says is that they aren't friends anymore. It happens.

I guess I'm reading it differently.  When I read:

he wasn't a very sociable guy," Barkley explained. "Even when he was a friend of mine, he wasn't a very sociable guy. He just had a one-track mind.

and

Golf is just a game. Your life don't suck. ... But I think when you put yourself in that situation where your whole life revolves around how you're doing on a golf course, you're gonna develop a negative attitude to a certain degree

it doesn't sound like someone who spent enough time around him to be considered one of Tiger's friends is describing a guy with a great personality.

clutch

Well he talked to him everyday for 15 years. Surely he didn't just do it for his health. Must of had fun around him at some point.

clutch

Or better put, Charles thought Tiger was fun when they were chasing women and gambling together. Maybe once you don't do that with him anymore you aren't that much fun. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 19, 2014, 12:47:57 am
Tiger is likely a super nice guy to hang out when he gets away from his competition....Tiger has been so consumed with holding up that facade of being the "Billy Bad Ass" golfer who looks to destroy any and all oppostion who gets in his way...And I believe, at least in a few Majors, the "tough guy" facade helped him win...now that much of Tiger's personal life and game have been exposed by injury and marital problems, I think Tiger will let his hair down and just become one of the guys...here's to hoping it makes Woods a happier person

you talking about Faldo?

rickm1976

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 20, 2014, 12:32:30 pm

I don't know.  He just said Tiger was pretty well liked by the rest of the tour in general without listing anyone in particular, and did say that he liked to joke around a lot.  I'm sure Woods has at least a few enemies too.

HF#1

I think Tiger is silently passing the torch.  All this lovie dovie stuff with Rory makes it seem that way.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

EastexHawg

Quote from: HF#1 on August 21, 2014, 12:51:19 pm
I think Tiger is silently passing the torch.  All this lovie dovie stuff with Rory makes it seem that way.

Jack was 60 when he played with Tiger in the PGA at Valhalla.  He had had hip replacement surgery the year before.  He was already winding down his playing schedule when he openly "passed the torch" to Tiger.

Tiger is 38.

He didn't pass anything to Rory.  Rory ripped it away and said, "what **********er thinks he's bad enough to take it from me?"

JoeyCapital

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 21, 2014, 03:56:48 pm
Jack was 60 when he played with Tiger in the PGA at Valhalla.  He had had hip replacement surgery the year before.  He was already winding down his playing schedule when he openly "passed the torch" to Tiger.

Tiger is 38.

He didn't pass anything to Rory.  Rory ripped it away and said, "what **********er thinks he's bad enough to take it from me?"

Your man-crush is showing.

Rory can light it up, though.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

kingofdequeen

Dr. Starcs

I don't like tiger, but Charles Barkley is one of the biggest blowhards there is.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 21, 2014, 03:56:48 pm

Tiger is 38.

I think part of the deal is there is not any apparent animosity between he and Rory like there was, (is) with Phil or Sergio.  I'm under the impression he likes the kid and Rory is tough not to like and that makes it really easy to pull for the guy. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 24, 2014, 03:21:27 pm
I think part of the deal is there is not any apparent animosity between he and Rory like there was, (is) with Phil or Sergio.  I'm under the impression he likes the kid and Rory is tough not to like and that makes it really easy to pull for the guy. 

Rory is a good guy.

Most here hate him though.

clutch

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 24, 2014, 03:33:27 pm
Rory is a good guy.

Most here hate him though.

I thought most here liked Rory. I'm a fan for sure. Hard not to be.

Dillar Dog

Look back about a year ago. 

I guess now that he's endorsed by tiger he's okay with a lot of guys that hated him.

clutch

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 24, 2014, 03:57:57 pm
Look back about a year ago. 

I guess now that he's endorsed by tiger he's okay with a lot of guys that hated him.

Ah. Gotcha

Pulled(PP)pork

Not rooting for=hate?

PP

onebadrubi

I've yet to really see anyone knock rory?  The guy is stroking the golf ball, heck even today he was hammering it, just could not get a put to fall

EastexHawg

I said years ago that Rory is a golf prodigy and that he would be the next great player.  Not a great player, the great player.  Anyone who pays attention to golf and couldn't see it wasn't looking or didn't want to believe it.

McIlroy is 25 years old and has four majors.  Rickie Fowler is 25 and has won one PGA Tour event.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 25, 2014, 11:57:38 am
I said years ago that Rory is a golf prodigy and that he would be the next great player.  Not a great player, the great player.  Anyone who pays attention to golf and couldn't see it wasn't looking or didn't want to believe it.

McIlroy is 25 years old and has four majors.  Rickie Fowler is 25 and has won one PGA Tour event.

If you said it here I'm sure you were roasted over a crazy comment like that

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 25, 2014, 11:57:38 am

Interestingly enough he beat Rory and another dude in a playoff for the win.

Fowler seems like a nice guy as well
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 25, 2014, 12:05:48 pm
If you said it here I'm sure you were roasted over a crazy comment like that

Over four years ago, almost a year before he won his first major...

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 14, 2010, 11:48:32 pm
I think McIlroy is a phenom who is on his way to #1 in the world...and sooner rather than later.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=354819.50

There's not much blowback in that thread, but I got my share of crap over it.  So did Iwasthere.

clutch

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 25, 2014, 12:15:46 pm
Interestingly enough he beat Rory and another dude in a playoff for the win.

Fowler seems like a nice guy as well

In Fowlers only other win, he beat Rory in a playoff too. It wasn't a PGA tour win though. Kind of strange that that is how he won both times.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 25, 2014, 12:45:33 pm
Over four years ago, almost a year before he won his first major...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=354819.50

There's not much blowback in that thread, but I got my share of crap over it.  So did Iwasthere.

WHERE'S MY GD SIX PACK, GOTYA???