Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma is in denial

Started by rzrbackrob, August 18, 2014, 07:38:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackrob

On the suspension of Joe Mixon for allegedly punching a woman in the face.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11372291/joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-suspended-season

Statement today by the AD

"As the university has demonstrated in the past, we are committed to winning the right way" (see Barry Switzer)

"OU sets the highest possible standards for its student-athletes" (see DGB transfer)
Good is the enemy of great

Kyle

Last I checked, they don't charge you with anything for acting in self defense.

Hawgey-Davidson

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Kyle on August 18, 2014, 07:47:16 pm

People get charged all the time for acting in self defense. Being charged doesn't determine guilt. That's what we have courts for.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Kyle

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 18, 2014, 07:49:55 pm
People get charged all the time for acting in self defense. Being charged doesn't determine guilt. That's what we have courts for.

I understand that, but have you ever come across a woman in your life that you've felt the need to punch in the face to "defend" yourself from?

trashcan maN

We're gna drop the hammer on Mixon because we dont support woman beaters but will continue to fight, tooth and nail, to get DGB eligible.

Gotcha.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: Kyle on August 18, 2014, 07:47:16 pm

So the defense is a college football player needs to punch a woman in the face to protect himself. Riiight  ;)
Good is the enemy of great

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

grayhawg

Quote from: rzrbackrob on August 18, 2014, 07:38:32 pm
On the suspension of Joe Mixon for allegedly punching a woman in the face.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11372291/joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-suspended-season

Statement today by the AD

"As the university has demonstrated in the past, we are committed to winning the right way" (see Barry Switzer)

"OU sets the highest possible standards for its student-athletes" (see DGB transfer)

Wonder where the OU fans that like to troll hogville are tonight?