Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Arkansas Razorbacks: A Review

Started by Uncommon, August 18, 2014, 05:19:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncommon

August 18, 2014, 05:19:53 pm Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:11:42 pm by Uncommon
Over the next 12 days, we'll countdown to the start of the season by looking back at all of the games from last season.  Games will be posted in the original post of this thread.

W Arkansas 34 UL Lafayette 14

W Arkansas 31 Samford 21

W Arkansas 24 Southern Miss 3

L Rutgers 28 Arkansas 24

L Texas A&M 45 Arkansas 33

L Florida 30 Arkansas 10

L South Carolina 52 Arkansas 7

L Alabama 52 Arkansas 0

L Auburn 35 Arkansas 17

L Ole Miss 34 Arkansas 24

1st Half

2nd Half

L Mississippi State 24 Arkansas 17 OT

1st Half

2nd Half

L LSU 31 Arkansas 27

1st Half

2nd Half

TXArcher

PygmalionEffect

Thanks for the warning, I'm out of Tums, will need to go to the store before we get to the fourth game.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

HogPsych

arkfan81

Have faith...

JTHog59

Uncommon

11 day bump.

Only found 7 to 8 minute highlight reels for the Samford and Southern Miss games.  After that, I'll have full game replays for the last 9 games last season.

Uncommon

10 day bump.

Last highlight video.  Will have the rest of the games in full. 

Uncommon

August 21, 2014, 03:03:28 pm #8 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:26:12 pm by Uncommon
9 Day Bump.

The AJ Derby game.

I think the reason we lost on the offensive side of the ball was because our offensive line was getting beat up front.  I saw a lot of the time that defensive lineman were crossing their face and getting penetration.  However, I think towards the end of the game they were just stacking the box and letting their DBs play man to man press coverage and dare AJ Derby and the receivers to throw the ball.  And AJ and the receiving corps just didn't get it done.

On defense, it was primarily pass coverage, miscommunication among the defensive backs and not taking advantage of two interceptions that hit us in the hands.

On Special Team, it was the two punt returns.  One for a TD and one that went for a big gain.

DeltaBoy

Rutgers where the Wheels fell off the Wagon and like a Life Alert commercial the Hogs fell and could not get up.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Uncommon

8 Day Bump.

I've never heard a louder uproar from a sack than when Johnny Manziel was sacked in this game.

razorbackkid

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on August 18, 2014, 07:01:21 pm
Thanks for the warning, I'm out of Tums, will need to go to the store before we get to the fourth game.
Quote from: HogPsych on August 18, 2014, 07:03:02 pm
Can't we just stop there?

Scrolled though the first three and stopped there......too much pain.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Uncommon

1 Week Away!

The Halo Rule game.  Gotta love the refs in the Swamp.

Uncommon

6 Day Bump.

"Bret will have to recruit his way out of it." - Steve Spurrier

Uncommon

5 Day Bump

Alabama 52 Arkansas 0 Part 2

Uncommon

Uncommon

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Well, this ruins any chance of me getting ANYthing done today.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Uncommon

2 Day Bump

Went ahead and posted today's game for those who wanted to watch it before Texas A&M-South Carolina kicked off.  Enjoy!

Uncommon

The final day.  We can finally look forward instead of looking back.  Hope you all enjoyed the 100 game countdown.  I wish there was a database where I could get all of the Razorbacks games in full but I found the best I could. 

Here's to a 6-6 season, a bowl game, and a recruiting class ranked between 19-23 nationally!  Cheers!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!  RAZORBACKS!