Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gragg updates visit in Sunday's tidbits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 17, 2014, 01:57:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Anytime Jon Williams is in on the hosting duties, I feel good about it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

SemperFi

RD, thanks for the update. Wondering what your thoughts are on Gragg and Hill? You're much closer to the situation than any of us. Do you think that they end up at Arkansas providing the record dictates improvement or if they are sold on going elsewhere?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Ironhawg

The coaching staff appears to be going all out to convince these young men to be Razorbacks.  Bringing in Coaches Anderson and Dykes along with Storey, Cantrell, Dean, and O'Grady is nice work.  If it doesn't work and they go elsewhere, oh well. 

The Boar War

Glad Storey was able to make it.  That guy is keeping the road hot.

YtownHog

The way Dykes is recruiting I think I like him selling the "stay home" aspect.  If we lose these guys it sure won't be for lack of effort!

collegestationhog

Sounds like Gragg came away impressed. Any idea what KJ thought about it.

Steef

Quote from: The Boar War on August 17, 2014, 02:52:01 pm
Glad Storey was able to make it.  That guy is keeping the road hot.

I was thinking the same thing. Kudos to Ty, for going the mile(s).

edt

I believe K J will commit to us within the next 30 days. Will may hold out longer but I firmly believe he will commit before our season is over.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: edt on August 17, 2014, 03:56:41 pm
I believe K J will commit to us within the next 30 days. Will may hold out longer but I firmly believe he will commit before our season is over.

Why 30 days on KJ?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: edt on August 17, 2014, 03:56:41 pm

Who's us?

mhuff

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 17, 2014, 04:19:23 pm
Why 30 days on KJ?

Believe his birthday is Sept. 15, and he said something about maybe committing then.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: collegestationhog on August 17, 2014, 03:08:44 pm
Sounds like Gragg came away impressed. Any idea what KJ thought about it.

"Correction on Hill, he didn't get to Fayetteville until Saturday. His mother and step-father accompanied him. Arkansas made big impression on all three."

Hopefully it is enough to sway his thinking...Especially if he is deciding on his birthday.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Oklahawg

Quote from: Ironhawg on August 17, 2014, 02:51:19 pm
The coaching staff appears to be going all out to convince these young men to be Razorbacks.  Bringing in Coaches Anderson and Dykes along with Storey, Cantrell, Dean, and O'Grady is nice work.  If it doesn't work and they go elsewhere, oh well. 

Amen.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SemperFi

The news regarding Gragg and Hill just seems to get better and better. These two young men are difference makers and could really give the Hogs incredible depth at TE and strengthen what appears to be an ever evolving Receiving Corps. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ShadowTheHedgehog

fakebobholt

Hill is a likely Bama get. They both say they want to play together. I sure hope one doesnt commit elsewhere and take the other with him.

Scott7703

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 17, 2014, 09:23:36 pm
Hill is a likely Bama get. They both say they want to play together. I sure hope one doesnt commit elsewhere and take the other with him.

Don't see hill going to Bama. Arkansas has improved its chance with both each time they visit. Ill be shocked if KJ hill isn't a razorback and be pretty surprised if gragg isn't as well.

Nipsey Mussle

I'm not sure I appreciate RD enough. He's the best at what he does and brings the info here for free. He's a great guy too.

I feel like we've done all we can do for Gragg and Hill. If they don't come, then we gave it our best shot. I'd rather have Hill b/c I'm not as confident in our WR situation as I am our TE position.

secneahog

They should be all Hog. I think we land them.  :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Kyle

It'd be nice to have these two commit to staying in state, so that elusive fence can start being built around Arkansas.

East TN HAWG

One thing Hill and Gragg need to guard against with Bama is that they have 21 commits right now with 4 slots open.  It is unlikely that they can take both Gragg and Hill.  If they both commit to Bama, Saban could go "Phillon" on them.  He will have to do it to someone.  Bama is getting tight on spots right now. 

AugustaHog

I think it will be hard for Gragg to go out of state.  He has too many people in his ear.  It sounds like he still has a great relationship (almost big brother like) with J Wright and of course his real big bro is a Hog alum.  I think this kid is looking for a reason to be a Hog.  I don't think he's coming on blind faith, so we will have to give him a little something to believe in.  I can't get a read on KJ, though.  They keep coming to campus, which is a great sign.  Why waste a drive up (with your folks), if you are completely closed to the idea.  If these guys Call the Hogs, we will have virtually swept the state (at this point losing Pettway stings a lot less if Hill/Stewart are on board).  The state has produced some important pieces this year and we need to take advantage of it.  We could conceivably get a QB, OL, 2 DL, 2 TE, and 2 WR out of the state.  That would be a really great haul.  If you sneak into Texas for 5 and Florida for 5, you just need to come up with 7 kids from other states to add up to our magic number. 

Bad News Boar

We are still in "talking season" right now though. These boys won't be swayed one way or the other until they see production on the field. A strong showing at Auburn, then impressive performances against the smaller guys, Tex Tech and A&M would go a lot furthur to securing our hometown honeysuckles.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.