Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would it be safe to say...

Started by HF#1, August 16, 2014, 08:01:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

That the secondary will be inherantly better due to we aren't giving the opponent a 10 yard head start?  I really want to believe this.  Also seems like we have brought in some real talent at a couple spots.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GB-Razorback

I think it will be inherently better because it is not possible to be worse. 
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

razorbackkid

Quote from: GB-Razorback on August 16, 2014, 08:06:36 pm
I just spit my beer onto my keyboard....thanks for that.  :) +1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HF#1

True enough. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Sooie71923

I think it will still give up the big play everynow and then but playing closer to the wr will give the DL and LB chances and time to make plays.

On the other hand, our DBs could technically get burned a lot worse playing so close. Which is why IMO they played so far off the last few years, so they wouldn't get burnt and keep everything in front.

HF#1

Quote from: Sooie71923 on August 16, 2014, 08:14:20 pm
I think it will still give up the big play everynow and then but playing closer to the wr will give the DL and LB chances and time to make plays.

On the other hand, our DBs could technically get burned a lot worse playing so close. Which is why IMO they played so far off the last few years, so they wouldn't get burnt and keep everything in front.

I've always thought we played on our heels the majority of the time by playing so far off the ball.  Getting beat off the LOS is why you have safties.  It's up to them to cover their area and not allow anyone to get behind the defense.

LZH

I was gonna throw out some one-liner, then list a Hog team or two from the past that had a worse defense.......

I'm still working on it.

razorbackkid

Quote from: LZH on August 16, 2014, 08:25:13 pm
I was gonna throw out some one-liner, then list a Hog team or two from the past that had a worse defense.......

I'm still working on it.
We don't pay overtime here.......and this mission seems to require it.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

you just proved positivity is possible even in the darkest of situations...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LZH

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 16, 2014, 08:43:17 pm
We don't pay overtime here.......and this mission seems to require it.  :)

Ain't that the damn truth.....