Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky's basketball jerseys against Chalons-Reims today

Started by popcornhog, August 16, 2014, 01:04:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Are weird. The blue on the back of their jerseys is confusing.
WPS

Birminghog

The checkered flag look running down the side od the shorts is repulsive. The whole thing is goshawful. Whoever sells these ideas to the schools must be masterful as salespeople.

HF#1

Don't care about their uniforms but thier transition defense still sucks.  Let's hope that continues come February 28th.  Dominican Republic is running up and down the floor on them.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

popcornhog

Quote from: HF#1 on August 17, 2014, 12:23:28 pm
Don't care about their uniforms but thier transition defense still sucks.  Let's hope that continues come February 28th.  Dominican Republic is running up and down the floor on them.

What an advantage for them to get these games  and practices in. I wish we could all do that every year.

The French team that they beat twice was pretty damn good. Didn't see the Dominican game. That's good to hear that they were struggling in transition though.
WPS

HF#1

Quote from: popcornhog on August 17, 2014, 12:31:41 pm
What an advantage for them to get these games  and practices in. I wish we could all do that every year.

The French team that they beat twice was pretty damn good. Didn't see the Dominican game. That's good to hear that they were struggling in transition though.

This is the second time they have played the DR...  It's on the SEC Network right now.  Kentucky is leading by 7 but only because of a late first half run.  It's half time now.  I imagine they will eventually pull away but I'm not impressed with their transition D. 

I will say the Ulis kid is really good. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MountieDawg

Those uniforms are just for this trip.the last time they played in the summer they wore their practice jerseys.
SEC!

intelligence

Quote from: HF#1 on August 17, 2014, 12:49:30 pm
This is the second time they have played the DR...  It's on the SEC Network right now.  Kentucky is leading by 7 but only because of a late first half run.  It's half time now.  I imagine they will eventually pull away but I'm not impressed with their transition D. 
Nope, they lost by 2. Clearly tired from playing every day

popcornhog

Quote from: intelligence on August 18, 2014, 01:44:30 am

Well if it was transition D that beat them, I'd say that's a good sign for us.

Was the DR team very good? Did they have any former high level D1/NBA players?
WPS

intelligence

Quote from: popcornhog on August 18, 2014, 07:38:21 am

They were exceptionally athletic, what little bit I watched. I'm a work from home software engineer so my head was in and out of the computer. I didn't catch any names. They didn't seem to have many shooters but there pg was damn good and they had a few big wings who contually got to the rim and finished with ease. Dominguez and Sanchez are names that kept popping up. I assure you this team wasn't chopped liver by any means, but I have to reiterate the cats looked tired, allowing easy buckets in transition. Johnson played well as did Ulis

I still think we have the team to beat in the SEC next season. I'm hoping for a rebirth of 40 moh  :razorback:

HF#1

Quote from: intelligence on August 18, 2014, 01:44:30 am

Wow...  Well I guess they were tired. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: popcornhog on August 18, 2014, 07:38:21 am

They are ok. They didnt have Francisco Garcia suited up for that game but he will be playing for them with FIBA and Eloy Vargas. And get this Karl Towns --Yes the UK Fr-- will be playing on the Dominican Rep team in the FIBA Games.

Plus Orlando Antiqua former UK, now HC at South Fla will be the HC along with current UK Assistant Rod Strickland! Dang! It must be nice...

Talk about a huge advantage for UK...That is some serious Cat crap here Batman?!

And it does PAY to know WWW, apparently!

Im sure they will have repeats on the SEC channel.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8