Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football Playoff Comittee Recusals

Started by Justifiable Hogicide, August 14, 2014, 01:38:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Justifiable Hogicide

The CFP Committee has announced that member Jeff Long will not be allowed to vote or participate in the discussion if Arkansas is mentioned.
I understand that and there are other recusals too.
But that leaves CFP Committee Member and Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez, who has publicly discussed his disdain for Arkansas and especially Coach Bret Bielema to torpedo us at every step.
Not a good situation.

PonderinHog

LZH

PonderinHog

I hope they make a liar out of me!  Go Hogs!    :razorback: :razorback:

KCHOGFAN

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 14, 2014, 01:39:56 pm
Shouldn't be a problem this year...
Maybe. Maybe not. But doubtful that ole Barry Alvarez would ever vote favorably to advance or rank CBB's Arkansas team in any year.

code red

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 14, 2014, 01:51:41 pm
I hope they make a liar out of me!  Go Hogs!    :razorback: :razorback:
The Villanova of college football....could happen.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on August 14, 2014, 01:55:51 pm
Maybe. Maybe not. But doubtful that ole Barry Alvarez would ever vote favorably to advance or rank CBB's Arkansas team in any year.
Let's win a SEC game and go from there.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hobhog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on August 14, 2014, 01:38:28 pm
The CFP Committee has announced that member Jeff Long will not be allowed to vote or participate in the discussion if Arkansas is mentioned.
But that leaves CFP Committee Member and Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez, who has publicly discussed his disdain for Arkansas and especially Coach Bret Bielema to torpedo us at every step.
Not a good situation.

I am sure the head of the committee can still wink and nod. Does Alvarezz REALLY think he can torpedo Long's program and see no reprecussions? No worries....we are very fortunate to have our AD in such a position.

PonderinHog

Quote from: code red on August 14, 2014, 01:56:44 pm
The Villanova of college football....could happen.
Didn't they have a secret ingredient?

Hawgon

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on August 14, 2014, 01:55:51 pm

I've got more important and more likely to happen stuff to worry about.  For instance, I hear there is an asteroid floating around the solar system with our name on it.

razorbackkid

Not a good situation.
We go 13-0 and we take it out of his hands......;)

My Kool-Aid is very strong medicine.  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hawgon on August 14, 2014, 02:01:19 pm
I've got more important and more likely to happen stuff to worry about.  For instance, I hear there is an asteroid floating around the solar system with our name on it.
Hopefully it goes wide left or wide right.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Locutus_of_Boar

Not a good situation.

Not to worry...Jerry has the situation under control.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

razorbackkid

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on August 14, 2014, 03:08:31 pm
Not to worry...Jerry has the situation under control.

I saw that commercial for the first time yesterday....pretty cool.

IntegrityHog

With CBB and Jeff in charge, I have not doubt that we'll be rolling soon.  It will be awesome seeing Jeff have to recuse himself!

razorbackkid

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 14, 2014, 03:11:22 pm
With CBB and Jeff in charge, I have not doubt that we'll be rolling soon.  It will be awesome seeing Jeff have to recuse himself!
Hopefully he'll have to recuse himself so often he'll be replaced.  :)

IntegrityHog

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 14, 2014, 03:16:09 pm
Hopefully he'll have to recuse himself so often he'll be replaced.  :)

I don't know about replacing him, but if he is recusing himself a lot, that means we are making the playoffs on a regular basis.  Sounds good to me!!!!!

Jek Tono Porkins

Oh come on people. These are adults. Respected adults. I think they're more than capable of making decisions without bringing their personal biases, whatever they may be, into the process.

I understand them leaving the room when their team is mentioned, but let's not act like Alvarez is going to attempt to "torpedo" Arkansas because he's butt hurt about Bielema. I don't think that's going to happen.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hawgon

The only reason we won't make the playoffs this year is if that evil old man, Barry Alvarez, torpedoes our chances.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 14, 2014, 03:37:14 pm
Oh come on people. These are adults. Respected adults. I think they're more than capable of making decisions without bringing their personal biases, whatever they may be, into the process.

I understand them leaving the room when their team is mentioned, but let's not act like Alvarez is going to attempt to "torpedo" Arkansas because he's butt hurt about Bielema. I don't think that's going to happen.

Hogwild

What I feel is a bigger problem is that Wisconsin has a really good shot a making the playoff & he is on the committee.

I really don't think that Wisconsin is all that talented, but their schedule is really easy.
LSU v Wisconsin. I'm sure LSU will be favored, but Wisconsin has a legit shot at winning that game especially if LSU is starting a true freshmen at QB, RB, & WR and it is in a neutral site.

After that game will Wisconsin be an underdog the rest of the season?
The Badgers road games- @Northwestern, @ Rutgers, @Purdue, @Iowa
They have Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State right where they want them- off the schedule.

The badgers schedule from Labor Day to the first of November is

Western Ill.
Bye
Bowling Green
USF
@ Northwestern
Illinois
Bye
Maryland
@Rutgers

Jek Tono Porkins

If Wisconsin wins all their games, including the Big Ten Championship game, they deserve to be in the playoff. That's the whole point of the four-team playoff. An undefeated Wisconsin with that schedule may not deserve to be in the BCSNCG over a one-loss SEC team, but an undefeated Wisconsin with that schedule does deserve to be in a 4-team playoff.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hawgon on August 14, 2014, 03:44:57 pm
The only reason we won't make the playoffs this year is if that evil old man, Barry Alvarez, torpedoes our chances.
The only reason Wisconsin won't make the playoffs this year is if that evil old man, Jeff Long, torpedoes their chances.

:)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 14, 2014, 03:37:14 pm

Agree with your assessment that Alvarez is not really a problem with us being torpedoed with this playoff issue, etc.  If he does become a problem with this playoff issue....it means we have already cleared the bigger obstacles.

Lol.....will have to question the part about these people being adults, respected, etc.....& they will make correct decisions.  Most of the worlds problems... come from some adult decisions.....& many of those people are suppose to be respected leaders of some sort, always looking out for the fair interest of others.   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Fayettechill14

Not a good situation.

His disdain for ARKANSAS? I get he wasn't nice about Bielema's exit, but they have a decent coach now. I doubt he's still upset. And I don't recall him every menacing Arkansas as a whole.

Hogwild

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 14, 2014, 04:45:25 pm
If Wisconsin wins all their games, including the Big Ten Championship game, they deserve to be in the playoff. That's the whole point of the four-team playoff. An undefeated Wisconsin with that schedule may not deserve to be in the BCSNCG over a one-loss SEC team, but an undefeated Wisconsin with that schedule does deserve to be in a 4-team playoff.

What if they don't win them all, does 1 loss Wisconsin get in?

TransAmHawg

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on August 14, 2014, 05:10:54 pm
Agree with your assessment that Alvarez is not really a problem with us being torpedoed with this playoff issue, etc.  If he does become a problem with this playoff issue....it means we have already cleared the bigger obstacles.

Lol.....will have to question the part about these people being adults, respected, etc.....& they will make correct decisions.  Most of the worlds problems... come from some adult decisions.....& many of those people are suppose to be respected leaders of some sort, always looking out for the fair interest of others.

That's what they said about the folks at Penn State.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogwild on August 14, 2014, 04:21:53 pm
What I feel is a bigger problem is that Wisconsin has a really good shot a making the playoff & he is on the committee.

I really don't think that Wisconsin is all that talented, but their schedule is really easy.
LSU v Wisconsin. I'm sure LSU will be favored, but Wisconsin has a legit shot at winning that game especially if LSU is starting a true freshmen at QB, RB, & WR and it is in a neutral site.

They have Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State right where they want them- off the schedule.

Western Ill.
Bye
Bowling Green
USF
@ Northwestern
Illinois
Bye
Maryland
@Rutgers

Not sure why that's a problem.  If it happened, Alvarez would recuse himself.

discombobulationist

Quote from: Hawgon on August 14, 2014, 02:01:19 pm

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

MrThunderhog

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 14, 2014, 03:11:22 pm

the force is strong in this one
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: Hogwild on August 14, 2014, 04:21:53 pm

Western Ill.
Bye
Bowling Green
USF
@ Northwestern
Illinois
Bye
Maryland
@Rutgers

That is lame.  Very unethical of Alvarez to schedule so many creampuffs.  He is obviously taking advantage of the structure of the playoff system.

If I could, I would -1 the bitter, sweaty old man that is Barry Alvarez.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Nah there is nothing possible negative that could come from Long being the head of the committee.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on August 14, 2014, 08:36:36 pm
Nah there is nothing possible negative that could come from Long being the head of the committee.
Not that it matters, but I tend to agree with this ^^^^ statement.