Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injury bug biting

Started by ricepig, August 13, 2014, 09:35:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Biggest news tonight: Arkansas DE Deatrich Wise has a sprained knee. Bielema is hoping to get Wise back in time for Auburn week.

Other injuries: S Alan Turner (eye), LB Randy Ramsey (oblique), TE AJ Derby (knee), RB Jonathan Williams (hamstring), S Davyon McKinney

ricepig

Bret Bielema officially announced tonight that R.Fr. Alex Brignoni has been placed on a medical scholarship. Also working as a student asst.

Bubba's Bruisers

I suppose this is typical stuff this time of year.  Doesn't sound like any of it is very serious.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

onebadrubi

Sprained knee is probably 3-4 weeker.  Now in curious as to the derby and just a "knee".  Derby is needed at TE this year.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Deep Shoat

Thomas Murphy @TomMurphyADG
Injury updates for Hogs: DE D. Wise (knee bruise) out for several days; S Alan Turner (eye), LB R.Ramsey (oblique), exp. back this week

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo 
Bielema says Deatrich Wise has a knee injury (sprain) and they hope to get him back by Aluburn week
Bielema: Brandon Allen has done a really good job in everything we're doing. He just has so much confidence.
Bielema: I told our guys we're where need to be physically. It's the mental stuff we have to get better at the next week and a half

Danny West ?@DannyWest1
Bret Bielema officially announced tonight that R.Fr. Alex Brignoni has been placed on a medical scholarship. Also working as a student asst.

Robbie Neiswanger @NWARobbie 
Biggest news tonight: Arkansas DE Deatrich Wise has a sprained knee. Bielema is hoping to get Wise back in time for Auburn week.
Other injuries: S Alan Turner (eye), LB Randy Ramsey (oblique), TE AJ Derby (knee), RB Jonathan Williams (hamstring), S Davyon McKinney
All Gas, No Brakes!

ldfergu

go hogues

Looking forward to the time where we have the depth to absorb these kind of preseason injuries. It seems like every year we lose lots of key guys before the season even starts.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

forrest city joe

Quote from: go hogues on August 13, 2014, 09:49:31 pm
Looking forward to the time where we have the depth to absorb these kind of preseason injuries. It seems like every year we lose lots of key guys before the season even starts.
We do at DE. Winston has played and will step right in if Wise is not back by Auburn.

PygmalionEffect

First Robin Williams dies......... now this
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 13, 2014, 09:57:39 pm
We do at DE. Winston has played and will step right in if Wise is not back by Auburn.

Winston?  Didn't have it last year.  Might have it this year. 

Coaches haven't spoken his name.

not good
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Gotta get wise healed up!

ChicoHog

I'm concerned about the Dline depth.  That heat/humidity at Auburn will be challenging along with the uptempo offense run by the Tiggers.   We do not have much experience except for flowers and Philon.  Wise was supposedly playing well and going to be the main DE opposite flowers.  We have moved 3 former OL to the DL to help out but they are all newbies at the position. 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 13, 2014, 09:44:18 pm
Did he comment on Otha?

Yep, said he didn't like where he was on the depth chart, so they talked about his options and that they'd try him at FB.  Otha didn't like how things went at FB so he has decided to transfer and Bielema wishes him the best.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

I BLEED RBack RED

Hopefully these bugs are due to us flying around a little more this year...
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

EastexHawg

Medical scholarship? Does that mean he is giving up football?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 13, 2014, 11:34:13 pm
Medical scholarship? Does that mean he is giving up football?

Yes
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Atlhogfan1

Hate seeing a RB with a hamstring problem. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorbackfanatic

It's been a relatively great camp for injuries so far. Nothing significant. Bielema didn't say he didn't expect Wise back by the Auburn game but the Auburn week. Meaning he should practice that whole week before the game. He also said probably like 10 days once, so that would be aug 23rd. Everyone else except maybe Derby should be back by next week. No Marcus Monks or anything of that nature to report so far knock on wood!

MJ2

This is exactly why you hate to see any kid you recruit so hard to get, to give up and transfer.   Things happen and just because your #4 on the depth chart August 1st, doesn't mean you won't be the starter by October

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 13, 2014, 09:44:18 pm
Did he comment on Otha?

At this point there is no reason for him to do that. If he did then I bet it was cordial in tone.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Laughing Hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2014, 09:35:29 pm

It sounds more like injury bug nibbles. Nothing too serious, no broken ankles, etc. i.e. Knile. A little rest and I would think they will be ready to go and beat the Barners.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

GolfnHog

As others have stated, the injuries are of the 2-4 week variety. So far we've dodged the news reports of any surgeries needed and a player being out until next year. To this end, it's "good" bad news.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

three hog night

Quote from: MJ2 on August 14, 2014, 07:22:20 am
This is exactly why you hate to see any kid you recruit so hard to get, to give up and transfer.   Things happen and just because your #4 on the depth chart August 1st, doesn't mean you won't be the starter by October

Otha was a good kid that got caught in the Petrino scandal.  He actually signed with us on the premise of stability and what was going on at Tenn at the time with Dooley.   A few months later (HarleyGate), we became more unstable than Tennessee.  Some people don't handle change very well.  This team has had a revolving door of coaches on Defense since 2011.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

kingcam25

I wonder whats wrong with Alan Turner's eye?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: kingcam25 on August 14, 2014, 09:45:25 am
I wonder whats wrong with Alan Turner's eye?

Just recovering from the transplant procedure.

He had a tiger's eye put in over the offseason.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

razorbackfanatic

Just a scratch, Bielema even said he may be back today.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 14, 2014, 07:24:37 am
At this point there is no reason for him to do that. If he did then I bet it was cordial in tone.
He did comment on Otha. As we speculated, he asked him to go at FB on Monday. Otha tried it and didn't like it, and asked to xfer. He said he wouldn't release the school until Otha said it was OK. Otha tweeted he'll be attending ULL.

Also, I thought Derby had a bruise on his calf. First I'm hearing of a knee with him.

I BLEED RBack RED

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 14, 2014, 09:54:23 am

+1....freakin hilarious!!
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 14, 2014, 10:20:22 am
He did comment on Otha. As we speculated, he asked him to go at FB on Monday. Otha tried it and didn't like it, and asked to xfer. He said he wouldn't release the school until Otha said it was OK. Otha tweeted he'll be attending ULL.

Also, I thought Derby had a bruise on his calf. First I'm hearing of a knee with him.

I thought he said earlier that it was Derby's knee and they may have had to drain some fluid off of it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2014, 10:53:26 am
I thought he said earlier that it was Derby's knee and they may have had to drain some fluid off of it.

That's not good.

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 14, 2014, 10:54:34 am
That's not good.

I could easily be wrong, but he did say it was his knee and they thought early on it was a bruise.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 14, 2014, 10:54:34 am
That's not good.
Not a big deal at all. Some of y'all act like little girls. Marshall Faulk once had fluid drained the week of a game and killed it come Sunday.

ricepig

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 14, 2014, 11:10:26 am
Not a big deal at all. Some of y'all act like little girls. Marshall Faulk once had fluid drained the week of a game and killed it come Sunday.

Is that like the difference between minor and major surgery?

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2014, 11:16:02 am
Is that like the difference between minor and major surgery?
Fluid drained off the knee is a very minor procedure.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2014, 10:53:26 am
This is what I heard.

FreshHog

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on August 14, 2014, 11:29:37 am
This is what I heard.

Havent heard anything about draining fluid, just that he had a knee bruise/sprain.

trashcan maN

B Lewis was the guy BB said was going to have his knee drained.

PonderinHog

ricepig

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 14, 2014, 11:26:06 am
Fluid drained off the knee is a very minor procedure.

I guess you don't know the joke.....

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 14, 2014, 11:37:20 am
B Lewis was the guy BB said was going to have his knee drained.

Ok, I said I could have been wrong, and I was!

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2014, 11:43:42 am
Ok, I said I could have been wrong, and I was!

No biggie, we are all wrong on here at times.  Some just never admit it or let others live it down. 

Having a knee drained may be a simple procedure, but can be a nagging thing in a football career. 

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2014, 11:42:54 am
I guess you don't know the joke.....

Minor surgery - Surgery performed on someone else.

Always good for a chuckle

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 14, 2014, 10:20:22 am

If he commented fine but it was not necessary to do so as some fans would think.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HVHog

Means practices are probably very physical.

Ashdownpanther

I used to have my knee drained almost every Monday before a game.  It takes the fluid out from under the knee cap, which reduces the pressure and swelling and actually makes the knee feel really good and it gives back full mobility almost instantly.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 14, 2014, 09:54:23 am

I heard it was one of those newfangled "T2000" eyes. He is now 'Turner the Terminator" and he will be back.........
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!