Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is going on in NE......

Started by seasonhog, August 12, 2014, 07:55:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seasonhog

NE signed QB free agent Dominique Davis today.............

Is Mallett been traded or cut..........?

seasonhog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 12, 2014, 07:58:55 pm
Two theories. First is Mallett is injured. Second is Davis is being brought in to sim the mobile QBs the Pats will face this year, since none of the current QBs can.

Maybe.........Mallett was back at pratice today..............fyi

Houston QB's had a terrible game sun night....................wonder.................

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PonderinHog

PorcineSublime

My guess is Ryan pooped the bed with his performance last week. They were all set to showcase him for a big trade, or see something amazing that made them want to invest in him for the future. For whatever reason, rust or other reasons, he just didn't have it Thursday. It happens, just happened at a really bad time for him. I guess it is possible that the guy was brought into light a fire under him. Or maybe it was just what was stated and the new guy just simulates the Vick/Manziel factor for practice. Either way Ryan needs to do well in the next preseason game for his future prospects.

You know they say that diference between the top level pros in golf and those who are just living week to week on tour is between their ears. I think this is true for Ryan. He has the skills to be an NFL QB, maybe one of the top 50% int he league, but he has to do it when it counts or he will soon see Texarkana again. My hope is that he will knock it out of th park this week. and we will all be talking about how amazing it is that he has not gotten traded to be a starter.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Hogarusa

Its false info according to twitter.  He worked out but will not sign

"Today we were told that Dominique Davis was signed by the #Patriots on @DraftDiamonds but we were given incorrect info. He worked out only"

https://mobile.twitter.com/drocksthaparty/status/499367392393584640
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

BorderPatrol

Quote from: PorcineSublime on August 12, 2014, 08:36:33 pm
My guess is Ryan pooped the bed with his performance last week. They were all set to showcase him for a big trade, or see something amazing that made them want to invest in him for the future. For whatever reason, rust or other reasons, he just didn't have it Thursday. It happens, just happened at a really bad time for him. I guess it is possible that the guy was brought into light a fire under him. Or maybe it was just what was stated and the new guy just simulates the Vick/Manziel factor for practice. Either way Ryan needs to do well in the next preseason game for his future prospects.

You know they say that diference between the top level pros in golf and those who are just living week to week on tour is between their ears. I think this is true for Ryan. He has the skills to be an NFL QB, maybe one of the top 50% int he league, but he has to do it when it counts or he will soon see Texarkana again. My hope is that he will knock it out of th park this week. and we will all be talking about how amazing it is that he has not gotten traded to be a starter.

That's a lot of guessing....

bp

seasonhog

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 12, 2014, 08:49:06 pm
Its false info according to twitter.  He worked out but will not sign

"Today we were told that Dominique Davis was signed by the #Patriots on @DraftDiamonds but we were given incorrect info. He worked out only"

https://mobile.twitter.com/drocksthaparty/status/499367392393584640

update............yes worked out but not signed..........worked out with other qb's

PorcineSublime

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 12, 2014, 08:52:43 pm
That's a lot of guessing....

bp
Yep. Not sure anyone knows what is in Bill's mind other than Bill, but he darn sure can put winners on the field. Lets hope that for a few more years I continue to have to root for a team that I have traditionally hated.  ;D

The Boar War

Quote from: PorcineSublime on August 12, 2014, 08:36:33 pm

So Ryan goes from the Patriot's back up to unemployed because of a bad half?  I agree the bad performance was at a bad time but NFL owners aren't going to have such a knee jerk reaction.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: The Boar War on August 12, 2014, 09:18:06 pm
So Ryan goes from the Patriot's back up to unemployed because of a bad half?  I agree the bad performance was at a bad time but NFL owners aren't going to have such a knee jerk reaction.
Likely not. But he has yet to have an amazing game preseason or otherwise. I probably way overstated my case in the original post, but if the new kid Garoppolo shows to be a viable option, he will be more likely to be offered a contract that will not be acceptable to a 4th year QB. And by default that will be giving him a release. Again, it was one half, so I wouldn't put that much stock in it. We will hopefully see him bounce back.     

AugustaHog

Garapolo has looked like crap according to reports I saw last week.  I can't imagine they would let him be their backup unless somebody makes it worthwhile.  I know they were looking at Brady Quinn as well.  They may be lining up options in case somebody knocks their socks off. 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 13, 2014, 08:33:38 am
This morning's update.

http://nesn.com/2014/08/sources-patriots-work-out-keith-price-dominique-davis-kory-faulkner/
Makes more sense. If Ryan is hurt, they may just be needing someone for a couple weeks until he well. Guess all my guessing may be way off. Thing is, The Bill has been known to be a quick trigger with QBs so I guess I let my imagination run away from the good sense end of speculation.