Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now we know what will be replacing the bleachers on top of the south end zone

Started by ricepig, August 12, 2014, 04:39:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Flatline

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

What a beautiful picture! How awesome will that look when the NEZ expansion happens? Will be one of the nicest stadiums in the country.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

sickboy

LZH

Hawgndaaz

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 12, 2014, 04:54:50 pm
hopefully it won't be overrun with pomphret types

Yeah, because the fraternity types have done wonders for our student section.

BTW, Hotz is the honors dorm now, not Pomfret.

popcornhog

The press release says student organizations can reserve up to 750 seats. That'll take up close to half if it's utilized.

The only thing that is add is IF there are still spots available, say, 20 minutes before kickoff -- let students grab a second one to give away to a friend who doesn't have an access pass or to a family member or non student friend. Just to fill it up.

And what's your problem with honors kids?
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2014, 04:57:23 pm

BTW, Hotz is the honors dorm now, not Pomfret.

When did that happen?
WPS

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2014, 04:57:23 pm

They sure do a lot for our Razorback Foundation.

VT HOG

They better be careful with that. Hammered college students that high up.

ricepig

Quote from: VT HOG on August 12, 2014, 05:02:18 pm
They better be careful with that. Hammered college students that high up.

Safer than the rickety wooden bleachers.....

Cinco de Hogo

Great idea, I agree students should eat that up...and drink it up if alcohol is served!

Dwight_K_Shrute

If the idea goes over well I could see them replicating it for non-students on the north end.  If they bowl in the corners a "Club" like section could be built over the Broyles center.  They could sell club passes that would be in addition to your ticket.  But if they do this they would need a second Jumbotron on the south end.

MSU is completing stadium renovations and will now have jumbos on both ends of the field.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Huckleberry Pig

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 12, 2014, 05:21:48 pm
Man I wish they had that when I was a student.

Did they even have a second deck on the west side back then? What year did we get lights in Fayetteville?

Hollywood_HOGan45

repugnantswine

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Rump Roast

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 12, 2014, 07:08:15 pm
Man, I hope they put up a high wall around that thing. 

I agree
Sounds like they are turning a football game into a concert.

98hogs

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 12, 2014, 07:08:15 pm
Man, I hope they put up a high wall around that thing. 
No Doubt,  Looks a little dangerous especially after pregame sodas

HogFaninMemphis

As a student I don't think I'll ever do this other than to check it out. As above posters mention, it's a place to watch the game at the game. I'd rather just watch the game and forget the other stuff. Plus, we know they won't put alcohol in that section. Even that wouldn't intrigue me, since I can just bring a flask in and save the money already.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

The Boar War

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on August 13, 2014, 12:29:32 pm
As a student I don't think I'll ever do this other than to check it out. As above posters mention, it's a place to watch the game at the game. I'd rather just watch the game and forget the other stuff.

I'm with you.  That being said this is a good idea because there are a large number of people who are there to be there.  Now they can get out of the way and give two types of game experience for the students.  IMO the student section might actually be louder now.

This is the kind of stuff we need to be doing.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on August 13, 2014, 12:29:32 pm
As a student I don't think I'll ever do this other than to check it out. As above posters mention, it's a place to watch the game at the game. I'd rather just watch the game and forget the other stuff. Plus, we know they won't put alcohol in that section. Even that wouldn't intrigue me, since I can just bring a flask in and save the money already.

Yea,
Its not a bad idea but we do have a great view of one of the largest screens in the world.
Definitley hope the DJ doesnt drown out the college football experience.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 13, 2014, 12:55:26 pm
Yea,
Its not a bad idea but we do have a great view of one of the largest screens in the world.
Definitley hope the DJ doesnt drown out the college football experience.

The DJ is playing the music when we are on defense, and a few other times. Mike Waddell had several tweets on game day changes about a week ago.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2014, 12:57:53 pm
The DJ is playing the music when we are on defense, and a few other times. Mike Waddell had several tweets on game day changes about a week ago.
Sounds good.
Missed out on the tweets. Don't have a twitter acct.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 13, 2014, 01:02:18 pm
Sounds good.
Missed out on the tweets. Don't have a twitter acct.

Yep, something like only 4 :30 in game commercials, lots of other improvements.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2014, 01:03:29 pm
Yep, something like only 4 :30 in game commercials, lots of other improvements.

I hope they improve our video entrance!
They are okay but could be so much better.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 13, 2014, 01:23:40 pm
I hope they improve our video entrance!
They are okay but could be so much better.

They shot a new one, that, and the helmet smash is back.

immahog

Are you talking about the group of people wearing green ??? it looks wierd on tv
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

SONofHAM

Quote from: 98hogs on August 12, 2014, 08:41:37 pm
No Doubt,  Looks a little dangerous especially after pregame sodas
I think you guys are over-blowing that a little bit.  There have been students up there for a decade.  Plenty of people have been up there after drinking and some drink while up there.  It's a safe place and honestly one of the best seats in the house once they improve the sound system.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

ATU HOG

As a recent graduate of U of A and about to start Grad School here in Fayetteville, I'm eager to see how this works. 

"The new Razorback Rooftop will provide University of Arkansas students an opportunity to sit together, socialize and mingle with friends while watching the best college football in the country."   

My opinion on this is when I'm at the game, I'm not trying to sit around, socialize, and mingle.... I can do that after we win on Dickson.  Students are at the games to be loud, have fun, and make life hell for the other team. 

HighcountryHog

I must say this is a good call by the department/school.  After visiting other sporting venues, college and professional, a lot of them have areas or zones like this in the venue somewhere.  For people who aren't football fanatics or school alums, it's another way to get people there that wouldn't normally attend I guess.  If beer was served there, oh man...
no bumps, no fat chicks

Arkamedes

"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

LRrazorback

Did I miss the thread about this?  Saw it on Yahoo,  the south ez will now be a student area, they'll have a DJ, and some other cool things. Cost will be $85 and they're offering 2000 passes for this area.

Wish it would've been around in my day

hoghearted

So will this be 'alternate seating' for those students who have tickets? Or will this be something of an expansion for student seating?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

younghog

GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: hoghearted on August 14, 2014, 12:39:33 pm
So will this be 'alternate seating' for those students who have tickets? Or will this be something of an expansion for student seating?

I'm thinking it's still part of the 9800 student access passes they already sell.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2014, 04:43:26 pm
Cool. I see nothing bad about this.

Should be a hot ticket. Hope student appropriate fencing/railing is installed.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"