Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If any team in CFB can sneak up on Bama it will be our Hogs

Started by Al Boarland, August 12, 2014, 02:58:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogarusa

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 12, 2014, 08:41:13 pm
Have you read anything about their OL? They have holes to fill.

Inexperienced but still massive
6-7, 320
6-6, 320
6-5, 296
6-5, 325
6-6, 323
6-5, 315
6-5, 320
6-6, 322

Hopefully they will be awful as a unit
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LZH

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 12, 2014, 08:41:13 pm
Have you read anything about their OL? They have holes to fill.

Their 2nd team OL would start for all but 8 or 10 teams in college football.  I think they'll be just fine in that department.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 12, 2014, 07:43:27 pm
You mean Bama is in your head. It's fine if they are, but it's bold statement to think they are in the heads of our players. They don't fear any team.

Recent history supports my theory much better than it does yours.

Certainly every year is a new year and a new team but our performance against bama over the last seven years indicates something going on besides just talent differential.

Sorry to interupt, go ahead with your clever aubbie trolling
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

LZH

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 12, 2014, 07:43:27 pm
You mean Bama is in your head. It's fine if they are, but it's bold statement to think they are in the heads of our players. They don't fear any team.

I missed this earlier.  C'mon Al, our boys were scared ****less when they took the field with Alabama the past two years...it was obvious from the very first play.  Maybe they're over it now, I don't know.  But to say "they don't fear any team" is waaay off - they clearly were intimidated by Alabama.

seasonhog

Quote from: LZH on August 12, 2014, 09:24:23 pm
Their 2nd team OL would start for all but 8 or 10 teams in college football.  I think they'll be just fine in that department.

We have seven sec teams to worry abt.........before we beat Al.

IntegrityHog

I agree, we are in a great position this year.   We're gona punch those elephants in the gut!

Bryant Disciple

As a Bama fan, every year I look at the schedule and try to spot potential upsets. I will say that Arkansas is catching Alabama at a good time in the schedule (from the Hogs' perspective).  I think it will work more to Arkansas's advantage to play Alabama later in the season than in previous years. The team should reflect Bielema's direction more this year, and Bama will be coming off what promises to be a difficult away game at Ole Miss.